Question about medifast for obese teen's

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby Sojourner » October 11th, 2006, 2:34 pm

broomeboy1023 wrote:...I am having surgery tomarrow and I need to recover from that before I start the medifast

Sending good vibes and positive energy your way, broomeboy, for a speedy and healthy recovery!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((:hug:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » October 11th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Yep, ditto that. Feel better soon, and don't start till your body has recovered sufficiently.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elke » October 11th, 2006, 6:26 pm

Hope all goes well, We will be here waiting for you :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bdg » October 11th, 2006, 7:38 pm

Best of luck to you. you will do great, just keep the attitude up and remember that you can do this! Once you make the committment, also commit yourself to checking in here and keeping yourself accountable and getting the support to the great people here.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby Jan » October 18th, 2006, 10:37 am

Hi there,
I'm a bit late here. I'm glad you checked with your Dr. The full MF program is generally not recommended for teens. That's because you are still growing.. bones, muslce growth etc. My personal opinion is that increasing the calorie intake is a good thing. 1500 may be a good place to start. I don't think you're going to have to reduce that level. Be careful with the exercise at first. Remember if you have too few calories to support the exercise your body will go into starvation mode and refuse to part with anything at all. Swimming is a great exercise for you. It's joint friendly. I'm a bit worried about putting too much stress on your joints at your present weight. You want to be healthy.
Please give yourself about three weeks on the program before you begin your exercise unless you have been exercising routinely now. If you have been exercising cut your current exercise by half. Remember you only have enough calories to do about 45 minutes of exercise.
About your weight loss goals. It's great to have goals but please don't be discouraged if you don't quite make it. You May or you may not. The most important thing is that you are making great progress in parting with the pounds and heading toward a new healthy life. I am sooo happy you are making this effort before weight related illnesses become a reality for you. I have a friend who is 15 -- about 60 pounds more than you -- but is already insulin resistant. He's on his way to diabetes if he doesn't make some big changes. I'm sooo happy you are willing and are making the changes. You'll have a much healthier life.
I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Elizabeth » October 19th, 2006, 6:15 am

Hey Broomeboy. Hope all went well with your surgery.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Previous

Return to Weight Loss