Teen Testimonials

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Teen Testimonials

Postby Benna » September 10th, 2007, 4:26 pm

I'd like to hear from some teen-agers who have had success with the program. I know it's only been approved for the younger generation a short time but I have a young lady contemplating the plan & would like to give her some encouragement! Thanks.

Benna
Benna

Postby DogMa » September 10th, 2007, 6:39 pm

Hi and welcome. This would probably get more of a response if it was moved to the "come on in" section instead of being mixed in with the journals Can Unca or a moderator move it, please? Thanks!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » September 10th, 2007, 10:05 pm

Its only been approved for teenagers for a very short time. There really hasn't been enough time for a broad enough spectrum of teens to have enough experience on the teen program to really discuss it. I do hope that those who have started the teen program do make their way here and let folks know what they think.

For those interested, make sure that you get the teen guide from either the Medifast or TSFL sites and follow the program appropriately. The guides are very comprehensive and include good sample meal plans for both boys and girls.

Good luck and hope to hear more.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » September 11th, 2007, 5:33 am

I'm not a teen but I'm quite young so what is it that you need to know?
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Benna » September 11th, 2007, 9:02 am

I have two teen-age girls (age 13) thinking about the program. Their concern is that other kids will see what they're doing & make comments. Also, I'd like to know just how it's working for you. Thanks!
Benna

Postby blondeangel7782 » September 11th, 2007, 11:49 am

Benna this program will show results as long as you're 210% compliant this is also something you will need to take to your children's physician since that is a young age and going on the full program at such a young age isn't necessarily HORRIBLE however we always have to keep in mind the metabolic make up of our kids this day in age... It's a wonderful program shows results and really makes you feel awesome! I would highly recommend this program with the approval of their physician!

Good luck and let me know what you decide and feel free to ask more questions!

Nikki
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » September 11th, 2007, 1:51 pm

Kids are gonna talk. I'm sure if yours are overweight they've already been the subject of teasing. You could talk to them about being confident in knowing that they are doing what is best for them and their health and not worrying so much about what others will think.

By the way, the RTD shakes would be really convenient for school. They could slurp one down between classes and at lunch. They look like juice boxes and taste great, so they wouldn't be specticles and may not even be noticed.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 11th, 2007, 2:28 pm

I agree with Jo. The RTD's, bars and soy crisps would be ideal for school because they wouldn't have to mix anything or take packets. So maybe breakfast at home, RTD for mid-morning snack, bar for lunch and then a soy crisps or a sugar-free jello that comes ready made. If they want to have a the lean and green for lunch, you could always prepare that as a home lunch.

From my own dieting experience that started at age 10 :| , I often felt self consious about mixing up a slim fast shake with my cafeteria milk (in the old days when they didn't have RTD's).

I have a friend whose daughter is thinking about doing MF. If she decides to do it I will make sure to get feedback from her or direct her to this site so she can post comments and get support here.
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » September 11th, 2007, 9:48 pm

Please make sure to get the new Teen guide and read it through carefully. Teens, especially that young, are not to do the normal 5 + 1 program. Its all outlined perfectly in the Teen Guide, and its set up for boys and girls differently.
As a middle school teacher myself, I am very excited that this guide is finally out and available.

If you have more questions just let us know.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.