Question about Medifast and this site....

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Question about Medifast and this site....

Postby Putthesweetsdown » June 26th, 2006, 11:18 am

Hi. I just started MF (today is day 1) and so far so good. But I have a question about the water intake. I've read so many different threads and posts I need some clarification. I know you need 64oz of water minimum, but does water you put Crystal Light into count? I've seen some posts that said yes and some that said no. Honestly, that's the only problem I forsee me having. I like water, but about 30oz plain is all I can choke down. If I have a little flavor in it, I can drink oodles more.

Also, what is the difference in Take Shape For Life and Medifastdiet.com?

Thanks!
Amy
Putthesweetsdown

baby steps

Postby bree » June 26th, 2006, 3:01 pm

you can only drink 4 oz at a time 4 oz is like 2 gulps then an hour later 4oz before you drink a shake drink a couple ounces it doesnt have to be 30 oz once then 35 later

also you can put a little lemon in it
Bree
Start weight 180 6/22/06
bree

Postby LovenElvis » June 26th, 2006, 5:39 pm

Hi! and congrats on starting the program! You want to take in as much water as you can... 64oz is suggested. I drink 16oz when I'm getting ready in the morning and then another with my morning shake, then another between that and my "main" breakfast...sometimes I have another during...I sit and drink a lot in the morning, because I get so busy in the evening that I forget!

However at lunch or after lunch I use the crystal lite..they give that change in water...You are doing well with 64oz and then some crystal lite..you just don't want to dehydrate your body!

Take Shape For Life features Medifast products and they offer Health Advisors to help and support your in your eating plan. Medifastdirect is there to take orders and ship them out. Even when new people call and they state that they want a Health Advisor then Medifast sends them to Take Shape for Life.

We work right a long with Medifast Direct and follow the same rules.

I hope this has helped.

Laura Blake
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

We are new too!

Postby mousehouse62 » June 30th, 2006, 7:26 pm

We are starting tomorrow July 1 and are anxious but scared at the same time. Let's keep in touch and get going to a great new life!!!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
HUBBY HAS MET HIS GOAL OF 155!!!! Go sweetie!!! :0)
mousehouse62
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Finally_Losing » July 1st, 2006, 4:16 am

Welcome Mouse! This was my first week and it went very well. I am petrified that this is just one more thing that won't work, but so far it has. I lost 8 lbs but when I weighed this morning I was up a pound (but I know why) Don't weigh everyday, it's addicting and a HARD habit to break! :) Good luck! Do you have a goal of how much you want to lose? I want to lose about 60lbs total....I could lose much more but we'll see how I look and feel after that loss and go from there.

Amy
Finally_Losing
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » July 1st, 2006, 8:37 am

I have the same issue with water. I hate it! I talked to my consultant at the time and she told me that Crystal Light DOES count towards my water! Makes it so much easier. :D
pinkflamingonewsgirl
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Re: baby steps

Postby GucciGoo » July 1st, 2006, 9:12 am

bree wrote:you can only drink 4 oz at a time 4 oz is like 2 gulps then an hour later 4oz before you drink a shake drink a couple ounces it doesnt have to be 30 oz once then 35 later

also you can put a little lemon in it

Huh? Did I miss something? Why can she only have 4 ounces at a time???
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » July 5th, 2006, 12:18 am

64 oz is a minimum and of course pure water is best. Personally, I drink a combination of water, Propel (flavored water with vitamins), decaf coffee, and other sugar free water drinks. I'm told that Diet Sodas count.... but I would not use that much.
Usually I drink 2-3 16 oz bottles of Propel and 1-2 bottles of water, a sugar free drink, and maybe a decaf coffee.
A good bet is to make sure that at least 64 oz is pure water and/or low carb/sugar free flavored water. After that its up to you.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Finally_Losing » July 5th, 2006, 5:35 am

I think that's what I'll do, a combination of sugar free/calorie free mixes and plain water.....probably alternating them.

I'm basically starting over again, July 4th is obviously not a strong time for me lol. But that's ok, today is a new day and so far so good :)

Amy
Finally_Losing
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » July 5th, 2006, 10:46 am

I believe Bree was SUGGESTING that she try drinking only 4 ounces at a time.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss