Question about my 1 meal for the day..

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Question about my 1 meal for the day..

Postby Longhorn » May 12th, 2006, 9:47 am

I have a question about what I am cooking for my 1 meal. My worry is that I may be using stuff that is counter productive That is what I am cooking.

As for te food, I found the fish I wanted. Ended up with Mahi Mahi Tuna steaks. I try to get them to 6 oz but I think they are about 8 oz or so. Total purchase was for 1.1 pounds and I can use that for 2 days. I think that once they are cooked they will come down to about 6-7. So please let me know if any of the folloing is bad.

I put the fish in a zip lock with about a teaspoon of pepper and teaspoon of salt. I also put 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in there (no carbs in oil, only calories) and shake it around and let it sit for 10 min. The cook on a skillet. Once done, put about a teaspoon of 100% pure lemon jucie on it and thats it. As for the veggies, I will do about 1 cup of baby spinich with 1-2 tablespoons of blue cheese vinagerette dressing. (once again, very low carbs..2 carbs per 2 tablespoons) Mix that aroud and thats the salad. I will also cook up about 5 med spears of asparagus and cook in the left over oil from the fish and add a pinch of salt. The rest of the day I am stick with the medifast. I try to get all 5 in but sometimes only get 4 in. I am just not hungry. I am worried that the cooking part maybe too much but like I said before, I am 6'4 and around 300. I am transitioning from 4000 calorie diet to maybe 1000-1200. Any advice with the above would be great. I could eat fish and salad everday...its just what I like.

Thanks in advance

Brian
Longhorn

Postby falisamarie » May 12th, 2006, 11:26 am

Brian~

It sounds fine you can have 7oz of cooked seafood so you are good there. I know that some do use olive oil but how many calories are we talking in 2TBL spoons. I use the cooking spray which might work for you also. It sounds like you are doing great on program but you need to get all 5 meals in plus your L&G even if you are not feeling hungry. I would suggest maybe ordering some of the fruit drinks or teas as they are less filling. Let us know how it is going.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 12th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Yep, I avoid oil in my cooking. The cooking sprays work great and you can even get olive oil Pam if you want that flavor.

It's very important to get all of your meals in. If you don't, your body can go into starvation mode and hold on to the weight.....I know it sounds strange, but it can slow things down!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Return to Come on in.