question about lean and green

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

question about lean and green

Postby Kathy » February 25th, 2006, 9:12 pm

Hope someone can help me with trying to figure out how much of a vegetarian protein I can eat in place of the meat. I did see that you could have one boca burger but I am wondering about other products. I have always used the vegetarian "chicken and beef" like strips. I also like many other types of vegetarian products so would like to know the calorie and carb limits for the meats so I can check those with other meat substitutes. Thanks
Kathy
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » February 25th, 2006, 11:47 pm

Hi, Kathy ~

I am not a vegetarian but we do have a great nutritionist available that can help you if you get stuck. You can PM me and I can hook you up with her, if needed.

When preparing the Lean and Green meal it should be between 300 and 350 calories. The total carbs for the entire daily meal plan, including the 5 Medifast meal packets is 80-85.

The approved vegetables are listed on page 5 of the Quick Start Booklet.

We may have one and a half cups of cooked vegetables from the list below.

Alfalfa Sprouts
Asparagus
Beans - Italian, Green and waxed
Broccoli
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Celery
Cucumber
Eggplant
Greens (collard, turnip)
Kale
Lettuce - Romaine, iceberg, bib
Mushrooms - use in moderation on top of salad
Onions/Peppers (green) (use in moderation on top of salad)
Radishes
Spinach
Summer Squash
Tomato
Turnips
Zucchini

FYI: They are also listed in many posts here on the MMT Forum, you can use the search feature located at the top of each of our web pages. Example: type in the following five words: approved and vegetable and list. Author: nancy
Three posts appear that you may then read to get the possible information you seek.

The vegetables on our lists are all low carbohydrate (low glycemic) vegetables and are to be eaten with the protein portion to make it a nutritionally balanced meal and to avoid wide swings in the blood sugars.

If a person does not want to have cooked vegetables, then we are to have a small green salad.

Use 2 cups of salad greens with up to ½ cup chopped green vegetables from the above list.

We may use 1-2 tablespoons low fat/low cal salad dressing and I always recommend that people read the labels carefully. There are many dressings and condiments marked ‘low fat’ or ‘fat free’ and they actually fairly high in calories and carbs as they contain corn syrup or sugar for a thickener.

Vegetarians use the following protein portions

1 c low fat cheese - . Select low fat cheeses such as mozzarella or Swiss. Cabot brand has low-fat cheese. Be sure to watch the calorie, carb & fat levels here
2 eggs (not more than 2-3 times per week)
½ - 1 c egg substitute
½ - 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 Boca Burger
1 Morning Star Burger
1/4 block of firm tofu
2" x 1" single piece of soft tofu
1 Tablespoon Peanut butter

During the weight loss phase, we are to avoid legumes, lima beans, potatoes, squash, corn, sugar snap peas or vegetables with higher carb counts.

Hope that helps ya!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.