Question about diet soda

Add your favorite recipes.

Question about diet soda

Postby Aerie » May 29th, 2006, 7:08 am

I think I've read here that some are adding flavored diet soda to their drink mixes. How does this work, doesn't it explode with the fizzies or do you let it go flat first. How much do you add? Please advise. Thanks so much.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jan » May 29th, 2006, 7:44 am

Hi there,
Well lots of us have been "victims" of this recipe. But it does work quite well. Just don't put it in your shaker jar and shake....... :mrgreen: I don't even know how in the world I even happened to do this.... autopilot.. I think. :oops:
I personally feel the best way to do this is to put a can of diet soda in your big blender, ... then add a packet of whatever and carefully whirl it a bit. If you wish you can then add ice and whirl a bit more. Keep a good watch on it. The cranberry mango drink is great with diet 7-up or the vanilla shake is good with most any diet soda.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Thanks

Postby Aerie » May 29th, 2006, 7:54 am

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Definitely didn't want any explosions on my first day. I bought some A&W diet root beer and thought it might go well with the vanilla so that's what I'll be trying first.

I think the recipes are going to really help me stick to this plan.
Aerie

Postby TooManyBooks » May 29th, 2006, 8:39 am

Diet Sprite or cream soda is good with the orange shakes, and orange soda in the vanilla shakes.

Tara =^..^=
Start date 4/6/06
TooManyBooks
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Ketann » May 29th, 2006, 9:11 am

When I was travelling with hubby I put diet 7 up and mango together in shaker...and shook...hubby now calls me a bomb maker. :oops:

Keturah
Ketann

Postby supermom » May 29th, 2006, 9:12 am

I tried something new yesterday. I used two cups of water, a LOT of ice, one vanilla shake packet and one crystal lite lemonadesingle serve packet. Blend it up really good. It tasted like the filling of lemonade icebox pie. I have wondered about making pie crust out of the oatmeal and filling it with this, then freezing. It would be really good, I think, but I am not really sure how to calculate out the serving sizes, as the oatmeal is one meal and the shake is one meal. I guess if I made it in a small pie plate (because the oatmeal doesn't make a whole lot), the serving would be 1/2 of the pie??
supermom

Postby Aerie » May 29th, 2006, 11:28 am

Supemom: Good gosh that sounds delicious.

Thanks for the tips everyone.
Aerie

Postby lan » May 29th, 2006, 12:36 pm

Hi,

What I do is mix up my shake with slightly less water--you don't even need to use too much less. Then I mix it with my can of soda; you can give a light stir if you need to. To me, it is the next best thing to a root beer float! I also like to use Diet Dr. Pepper (even in some of the new flavors) and/or any combination that suits you.
During the winter, I do this also with coffee. I can use about 1/2 of the shake in each cup of coffee adding some Splenda or some DaVinci syrup. Boy, that is great, and I am ready to start the day.

Good luck to you on this journey.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby SharonR » June 17th, 2006, 8:13 pm

:roflmao: Ketann, I was laughing so hard when I read that about your husband calling you the Bomb maker...oh what a visual of the two of you in the car! Thanks for the laugh!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » June 17th, 2006, 9:30 pm

supermom wrote:I guess if I made it in a small pie plate (because the oatmeal doesn't make a whole lot), the serving would be 1/2 of the pie??

Hey Supermom, I was thinking what if you made the oatmeal into like.. oatmeal crunchies then took half the drink and sprinkled half the crunchies on top. Then if you want you can do it like it's a mix-in.

--S
Sarya

Return to Lean Cuisine