Public vs. Private Info

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

Public vs. Private Info

Postby Katherine » August 10th, 2004, 5:35 pm

Not only am I new to this forum, but I am also new to the internet in general. Can you please tell me, are the things I post in here private or open to the public? For instance, if I applied for a job, and my perspective employer googled my name, would they find the things I write in here? I have no idea about these things, and did not realize until after I had registered that people don't use their real names. Thanks for your help.
Katherine

Postby Unca_Tim » August 10th, 2004, 6:20 pm

Hi Katherine and welcome to the forum,

You don't necessarily want to put anything on the internet you don't want public. That's just the nature of the net. When you place a webpage or post on a forum it's called "publishing" and becomes public domain. Google does drop by our forum now and then and slurps up a few pages, so eventually whatever you post here could be discovered with a search. If you'd like to re-register with just your first name, or any screen name you'd like, I'll delete your current one.

Enjoy the forum,
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Public vs. Private Info

Postby Katherine » August 11th, 2004, 9:31 am

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes, if you could delete me, or change me to just my first name, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Katherine

Postby Unca_Tim » August 11th, 2004, 10:04 am

You're now known as Katherine....:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Web Room