Proper # of shakes a day?!?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Proper # of shakes a day?!?

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 4th, 2007, 11:10 am

I thought I read somewhere - - and OF COURSE I can't find it now :x - - that you should have three shakes a day....

Is that right?

I ask because my first shipment just arrived and I got the pre-packaged for a month foods - - and there are not enough shakes to have 3 a day....

.....so I would assume its not a requirement but I still thought I read it some place....is it a benefit?

Also, while I'm here, I know I should only have one bar a day - - I may not have them at all, frankly, as i am scared they will be a trigger for me - - but other than that, can I have 5 of any of the MF foods I want? Is there a 'best case' way to put it all together?

TIA!

Kym
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

hmm

Postby Ginabobina1969 » October 4th, 2007, 12:59 pm

Kym,
I think that was an "older" rule..but since I am not positive I will defer to someone with more knowledge. I personally try to have at least 1 shake a day but generally have 2.

My personal understanding is that aside from the bars(not be eaten as a first or last meal and only one per day) everything else(supplements) are interchangeable.

The first go-around I had with mf I used the bars everyday without a problem..so I thought :lol: ..I think tho, that they were a trigger for me..I thought about them all the time. This time I have not had any bars and for me, it has seemed easier ..then again I am doing the 6-0 most days now. Less choices, less chance for me to stray. :)

Hope this helps and really hope someone else can clarify..lol :lol:

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jan » October 4th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Hi There
The protocal has been changed. The old program was three shakes a day ... one bar (if desired) and one other product. Now you can choose whichever 5 products you wish ( just one bar though).
That said some people lose the fastest using the three shakes. Others seem to part with the pounds using whichever MF products they like. If you are not losing then switch to the three shakes .. no bar.. and
the lower glycemic products ( avoid higher glycemic products such as the chicken and rice soup, the chai, most likely the cappuccino and the Hot Cocoa)
jan
Last edited by Jan on October 4th, 2007, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 4th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Thanks, Ladies!

For now I have put all of the bars away and left the boxs unopened. I think I will try to stay away from them if I can.

Thanks again!

Kym ;)
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Serendipity » October 4th, 2007, 1:55 pm

Now that you have them put away, I'll give you one more thing to think about.

I ate a bar every day while on program and I lost the weight fast enough. My biggest trigger food is sweet stuff, but for some reason the bars don't make me want more.....Don't know why, they just satisfy me.

Another thing.....I really think they helped me stay on program because I had them to look forward to in the afternoon. At around 4 each day, I make a nice big cup of hot tea and have my bar. The afternoon was always a problem (hungries at work and at home), so I decided to have my bars then, just in case I would be tempted to eat off program.

If you restrict too much, you may have more trouble staying on program.....Just MHO, of course.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 4th, 2007, 6:58 pm

I like what she ^ said about restricting. I have found that the more I tell myself I can't have something the more I want it. The bars are a "legal" reward for myself and something for me to look forward to. I usually have mine the last meal before my lean and green which we have for supper at our house most of the time. Since that is the time of day I have the most problem with getting through.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby Lizabette » October 4th, 2007, 8:45 pm

KYM,
My usual MO was to have the bar as my afternoon snack (about 2:30 p.m.) with my coffee and just relax before my L&G at about 5 p.m.
I looked forward to it so much and it seemed to keep me on track.
I still (on maintenance) have a similar snack about that time. Force of habit.
I never split my L&G 'cause I didn't know that was permitted, but I sure enjoyed all that good protein and veggies for my one big meal of the day!
Don't make this too hard on yourself---eat all your meals, drink all your water, and take advantage of all the resources of MF.
Glad you're here...we're here to help.
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 5th, 2007, 5:37 am

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. I'm scared of the bars - - lol. I may give them a try if I start to struggle.....I have a ton that came in my variety pack so I guess I need to do something with them!

Thanks again!

Kym
Out*With*The*Old

Bars

Postby xcarbonmadex » October 5th, 2007, 12:48 pm

Hi Kym,

I used the bars the first time I did Medifast and didn't really have a problem with them. In fact, I may not have been able to do it the first time without them. As I was nearing the goal though, I feel they slowed me down and that I thought about them a little too often..and not enjoying the program if I had forgotten to take a bar with me.

This time around (despite my recent tumble), I have decided to NOT use the bars. I feel like I am losing a little faster than I did. I also tended to reward myself with food (legal or not, and that can be a slippery slope), and it's helping me learn to control myself and enjoy more by not having any food item to reward myself with this time. I am actually more content without them. Just my thoughts.

Nico
xcarbonmadex

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 5th, 2007, 1:20 pm

Thanks, Nico. So far I am fine without them - - but its only day 2, lol. I think I'll see how I feel in a few weeks and then I'll see if I can return them. Dunno if I can or not since they came in my variety back - - but I sure have a ton of them. I just know on past diet the bars have been way too heavenly - lol. I'm not sure I really want to enjoy my food THAT much durng this process.
Out*With*The*Old

Bars and snacks too

Postby siglamb962 » October 7th, 2007, 8:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been on for less than 2 weeks, and I am not an expert, but I do the following:

Shake or eggs (medifast) for breakfast
shake at next meal
green next
shake or soup next
lean next
pudding
bar

I have one to three snacks a day as my body is still getting used to stuff. There have been a few days that I have been really hungry and had two bars. But, not often. I also feel alot more full if I eat a bar. My doc says this is okay (he is a TSFL physician). I have not cheated off the diet, and have lost 17 pounds. I think I will eventually go down to NO snacks a day and a bar every other day, but for now whatever keeps me on it.
siglamb962
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » October 7th, 2007, 10:28 pm

Hi there Sig,

I am surprised that your Doc said that having the green as one meal and the lean as another was okay.
Although it is fine to split the L&G, the recommendation is to split them both and have part of each together.
If it works though, and your Dr. agrees, stick with that, its just not what is suggested by most folks (as far as what we are told by TSFL).

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby siglamb962 » October 8th, 2007, 7:04 am

Maybe because I am using oil on my salad? That way there is more calorie to it? Also, from 7 to 3 I eat every two hours and this helps me still have enough food when I get home. Sometimes I will mix in a tiny bit (2 ounces) of chicken breast too.

Becki
siglamb962
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.