Price Adjustments on the Horizon...BeSlim Club Implications

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Price Adjustments on the Horizon...BeSlim Club Implications

Postby Nancy » June 18th, 2008, 11:11 pm

:puter: Dear MakeMeThinner Clients ~

I have several important topics to share with you.

We just received notice in a TSFL corporate meeting that since there is enormous pressure on commodity food supplies worldwide, and raw materials prices are rising significantly, Medifast is feeling the effects of this pressure as well.

:shock: Therefore, so Medifast can continue to provide the quality products and services we all desire; they have found it necessary to make an upward price adjustment.

It is a very fine balancing act to accommodate the needs of the company with the individual needs of each client. When costs increase, adjustments must be made.

The Company does not want to burden us or keep us from participating in our life-changing Take Shape for Life programs using the meal replacement products because our health - and the health of the nation - is too important to put at risk but it is necessary to adjust the prices effective July 1st, 2008.

Individual product increases are in the range of $1 (about 6-7%) for the most popular items, such as the meal replacement bars and the powdered meal replacements. The Powdered Meal replacements will increase from $14.50 to $15.50 per box of 7 meals; the bars are increasing from $15.25 to $16.25 per box

The increases are in line with other increases we see at the grocery store.

The increase for the Ready-To-Drinks and the snack products required a more significant adjustment.

The RTDs are priced at $3.25 each or $69.95 per case of 24 drinks

Super Omega-3’s will be $27.50 per bottle of 60 capsules.

The Medifast snack Crackers and Soy Crisps are each adjusted upwards $1 per box of 7 packets.

:no: Please don’t toss :tomato: tuh-maters at me, Folks; our Medigrub Pantry will also be affected; we pay the same price as our clients for our Medigrub. The BeSlim Club discount is a way to help off-set the price increase.

We have found that we spend less per meal with our meal replacements than what we’d spend at the grocery store or restaurants and we appreciate having our orders arrive automatically to our door.

BeSlim Club

There will be an impact of the Price Increase on BeSlim Club Orders...

The new prices will apply automatically beginning July 1st, so those of you who are in the BeSlim Club should expect to see the amount of your credit card charge increase as a result.

• How BeSlim Club Discounts Are Applied:

For those of you who make the changes to your BeSlim Club orders online, you may have noticed that there is a discrepancy regarding the stated discount at the top of your screen and the discount applied ‘on the bottom line of the screen.’

We have had a number of questions lately about how BeSlim discounts are applied.

The current software does not accurately display the true BeSlim discount that you receive so until the new IT system is implemented, hopefully I can clear things up a bit.

When you log in to the BeSlim Settings, it shows your earned discount at the top of the page and yet the current software does not show your actual accrued discount when you are ready to checkout.

Due to the flawed software, all orders reflect a default 5% discount ‘on the screen’ regardless of whether you are at the 5%, 8% or 12% discount level.

Once the order is actually batched (charged and paid for), the confirmation page shows the appropriate discount. :yay:

I know it makes some people :shock: nervous about their BeSlim order because it appears they will not receive the accrued discount to which they are entitled but it has consistently proven to apply the appropriate discount once the order batches. :roll:

The software is being changed to reflect the true discount before the order ‘batches’ but until the programmers complete the task, please know that the appropriate discounts have been applied on the batch date.

:secret: Please keep in mind orders over $200 after the actual BeSlim discount is applied receive free shipping so until the software is changed, to avoid paying shipping fees, be sure you calculate your order at your true discount level. The revisions are being tested now, and TSFL will release them as quickly as possible.

Batch Dates

There are a large number of BeSlim orders clustered to batch on the 28th of each month; so far the Distribution Center has done an outstanding job of getting the orders out on time.

If at all possible, please consider scheduling your BeSlim Club order for a date other than the 28th of the month to help the Distribution Center manage a smoother workload and to help hold down shipping costs.

:help: Yikes! At this time, there are about four times as many orders coming out on the 28th of the month as the other days and I thank you if you are able to select a date for shipment other than the 28th. Thank you, thank you! :bow:

:aarggh: Just six years ago, I was desperately looking for a way to resolve my diet dilemma.

After years of :boing: yo-yo dieting and repeated weight loss :hammerhead: failures, I was at my :bricks: lowest point and felt I was destined to be forever porky.

Diets had not worked for me in the past, and after bariatric consultations, the research regarding post-surgical results :uhuh: disturbed me, and gastric by-pass surgery was no longer a viable option for me.

My husband and I :angel: prayed about how we could work it out for me to begin the program using the Medifast meal replacements that our friend Scott had told us about. It was a sacrifice for us financially to begin; we borrowed $ from our daughter and placed our first order.

After a few days, I knew I was on to something great – I felt so different; I felt so :bouncie: good – better than I had for a long time.

It :shock: dawned on me that I had been committing suicide by grease and unless I made permanent changes to the way I viewed (and :eat: scarfed) food and permanently changed the way I lived, my life expectancy would be curtailed.

I was wa-a-a-y beyond living fluffy forever after; I was miserably morbidly obese. :oops:

My obesity cost me – my health took a big hit: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, pre-diabetic, fatty liver, auto-immune disorder, joint damage, self-esteem in the dumper; I was a mess! :pet:

As mentioned, it was a sacrifice financially when we started the Take Shape For Life program – we were used to doling out the dollars for our junk food habit on a daily basis (ok, I’ll come clean – on a two or three hour habit when I’d hit the vending machine and the fast-food :drive: drive-up windows!) so when we pre-paid for my Medifast meals for the month, it meant we had to cut out some other things.

:scratchhead: Was it worth it? :huh:

Uh, yeah! :yes:

Because it was a sacrifice, I was gonna follow the program exactly as it was written.

The day I started the program, there was no looking back –

I went from...

hopeless to hopeful...

from helpless to helpful and

from flabby to fabulously healthful! :cateye:

It is worth it all.

I hope you'll think so, too!
Last edited by Nancy on September 8th, 2008, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mike » June 19th, 2008, 7:57 am

And the variety packages are staying the same right?

Also, is there any word on whether there will be packages with the new Antioxidant line? I'm loving the blueberry and cherry pomegranate with a splash of SF English Toffee blended with ice.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » June 19th, 2008, 9:25 am

Hi ya,

I have not yet received an official order form but based on what I have, these are the new prices for the various products and packages effective July 1st, 2008:

4-week Medifast 55 Core Variety package $299.95

4-week Medifast 70 Core Variety package $299.95

4-week Diabetic Core variety package $299.95

The basic powdered meal replacement products that comprise the 5 & 1 Program such as the various 55/70 Shakes, Oatmeal, Drinks, Scrambled Eggs, Soups, Pudding & Specialty Shakes, packed with 7 meal replacement packets/box $15.50 per box

Meal Replacement Bars $16.25 per box

Momentum Meals & Mo Flavor Infusers $16.95

AntiOxidant Shakes $18.95
AntiOxidant Flavor Infusers $21.95

Super Omega-3 (60 softgels/bottle) $27.50

Snack Crackers $4.50

Soy Crisp Snacks $6.75

Ready-to-Drink (each) $3.25

Ready-to-Drink (case/24) $69.95

The Enhanced Variety Packages are all priced at $327.95
(The 4-week Medifast 55 Enhanced Variety Package or Medifast 70 Enhanced Variety package or 4-week Diabetic Enhanced Variety Package are a 4-week Core Variety Pkg with the addition of 1 bottle of Omega-3's)

Momentum Weight Loss Package $353.95
Momentum Maintenance Package $169.95

I'm sure we'll soon have the new order forms and the Shopping Cart will be updated on July 1st. I'm going to add a few more RTDs to this month's BeSlim order; they are so handy.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mike » June 19th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Hi Nancy,

I was just wondering if there was a date on when others will know. Thanks.

;)
Last edited by Mike on June 19th, 2008, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby SharonR » June 19th, 2008, 10:22 pm

Wow those are some big jumps. I'm so glad I saw this before it was to late.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » June 20th, 2008, 6:58 pm

Hey, Mike ~

I should expect an announcement any time; with the launch of the new AntiOxidant line and preparation for the TSFL Summer Convention, the Corp office is a hummin'.

We are all cost-conscious and certainly we knew it was just a matter of time when it would be time for our beloved Medigrub to experience an upward trend, too.

I feel pleased that the company has done their best to keep prices within our reach; we know the quality of the products is superb, they use premium ingredients, and I love the fact that they are safe and healthy.

Our toddler grandsons love having a ‘pink or blue-y drink’ (the Cherry-Pom or Blueberry shake), the Apple Cinnie oatmeal is a strong favorite, they like sharing a S’more bar and they beg for Puddin’ – how cool is that? :lol:

The products are safe for everyone – even very sick people such as those with diabetes, heart disease, etc.

The research behind the products also contributes to the success of our program.

I know it means that we may have to tighten our belts a skoshy in some other area but we are talkin’ about putting healthy you food into us.

I just had a medical check up today and my BP is 90/58 - not bad – before I got started on The Program, it was in the range of 147/95 on a good day…when I drink a shake and guzzle a bottle of water, I think to myself, “I’m gonna flush that flab right outta my arteries!” Hah! :yay:

:secret: Keep on shakin’, Peeps – you are becoming healthier and thinnier Peeps with every packet you peel open.
:cheermed:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mike » June 20th, 2008, 7:59 pm

I love sharing the products with others. I explain to them its not "diet" food as its got an equal number of carbs and protein pretty much. Those who try it tend to like it.

I love the new fruity Antioxidant shakes. They are quickly becoming my new favorite (over the chocolate RTD... now that is something).

I've been wondering myself with the high price of milk and rice and other things, when we would see an increase here. Now we know, but in reality, its still the best deal around.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Return to A Message from your Hosts