pregnancy question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

pregnancy question

Postby lalamode26 » January 22nd, 2005, 6:26 pm

I'm not pregnant but I wanted to ask would MF effect my ovulation or periods? I'm 28, and one day wants kids. I know from reading the pamphlet the supply came with says to be off it when pregnant, but is that because I would need more caloric food & nutrients for the baby, or is the mixture of ingredients aren't good for a baby?

My hubby and I don't have any kids, but seeing that MF has changed my life, I don't ever see it leaving my side....so how do I maintain that one day without MF?

Just a thoguht that crossed my path!

Thanks again!

lala :lol:
lalamode26
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Sylvia » January 22nd, 2005, 9:15 pm

Hi lala,

There is nothing in MF that would be harmful, it is just that being on such a low calorie plan would not be appropriate for someone who is pregnant. Even Weight Watchers doesn't allow you to join if you're pregnant.

You should definitely talk to your OB/GYN but I can't see any reason why MF products couldn't be part of your eating plan while pregnant.

S
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 23rd, 2005, 3:52 pm

Women who are preggers or who are lactating ought not to restrict their calories. The Complete Program and the 5 and 1 Program of Medifast is a low calorie diet and therefore are not compatible for such conditions.

Sylvia is absolutely correct - there is nothing in Medifast that is harmful to the baby - little children may eat the soy protein shakes, soy protein bars and soy protein soups and soy based oatmeal & puddings because Medifast has no harmful herbs and no harmful ingredients. It is just good food.

We have several clients, including our daughter who use Medifast during pregnancy for good nutrition and they eat two lean and green meals and have additional servings of veggies and protein. Healthy meals, appropriate sized servings, plenty of water, exercise = the things we are learning on our weight loss sojourn help us to maintain our weight for life and while we are carrying life, too.

Women can become more fertile while on a weight loss program. Estrogen is stored in our fat and as we lose flabbage, that means the estrogen is running around having a party in our bloodstream. If you do not plan on becoming preggers, then take precautions. Leopard Woman warned ya!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.