PJinCali

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby kmr » September 23rd, 2006, 8:18 am

What great NSV's!!! :bravo:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby PJinCali » September 23rd, 2006, 12:15 pm

Thanks KMR :lol: Honestly (this is going to make me sound like a big old baby) it almost make me cry! It was so stunning :bricks:

Thanks for the support! You are doing great & I love reading your positive posts. :cleader:

PJ
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » September 23rd, 2006, 4:19 pm

That's so awesome, PJ. I'm glad you're doing so well. Sorry about the shopping, though. The size thing is SO frustrating. (And yes, I have some gauchos, too, now. Used to hate them, now I like 'em. No ponchos, though. And no "shrugs," even though I see them everywhere.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Thanks Everyone!!

Postby PJinCali » September 26th, 2006, 10:25 pm

September 26, 2006 – Great day today. My daughter Angela and I went to the Governors Conference On Women & Families today and it was FABULOUS! My favorite speaker was the Dali Lama but I really enjoyed Tim Russert and Katherine Quinlin very much too. Maria Shriver (First Lady of California) was the main moderator and she is the organizer of the conference. I really admire her mother, Eunice Shriver, and she was there with Maria this morning.

The really great thing was being with my daughter all day at an event that was focused on women and the needs and goals of women. I told her that I recently realized that I had stopped doing so many things because of my weight. If I had not lost as much weight as I have, I would not have been able to go to the conference. I would not have been able to walk around the exhibits or climb all the stairs at the Long Beach Convention Center. I probably would have just made some lame excuse about why I could not go with her. She knew that was why I had stopped doing so many things and is so relieved that I am getting healthy again and getting out and doing so many things. I even walk the dogs (or maybe they walk me) twice a day. I would never have been able to do any of this 4 months ago.

I am so thankful for this program and the supportive information I find on this forum. When I have an issue I usually find that someone else has been there done that and wrote a thread about it. I am also thankful for all the women & men that have contributed their experiences, positive and negative, to this forum. I would not have come this far without everyone’s help.

Thanks Everyone! :lol:
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Postby PJinCali » October 1st, 2006, 11:26 am

October 1, 2006 – Another great week & still sticking with the program. I am really starting to see the weight lose because of my clothing. Putting together a wardrobe suitable for work is very difficult. My daughter and I (daughter acts as fashion consultant) have gone through all my clothes and donated all the items that are too big. She also made me ditch items that are no longer in style. Needless to say my closet is pretty bare. On the positive side, this gives me an opportunity to paint, reorganize and add new cabinets and shelving. I feel like Bob Villa lately with all my home improvements. Keeping busy with my “to do” list keeps me from obsessing about the program and helps me stay compliant. It seems like the closer I get to going back to work, the more urgent all those “to do” items are.

I feel so much better now that I have lost this weight I can’t even explain it. I know that everyone on the forum going through this journey can relate but most other people can’t. I love the energy I have now. I love being able to clean my house without getting winded every 10 minutes. I love being able to walk the dogs twice a day. I love that my offspring are not worried about my health because they see me taking care of myself. I love not feeling as self conscious when I go out in public. I love being able to RUN up and down the stairs without feeling like my heart is going to burst out of my chest. I love the look on my frenemies faces when they see I have lost weight (haters!) I love it when someone wants to start the medifast program because they see the results on someone they know. I love fitting into theater seats and booths in restaurants and airplane seats again. I am so happy I found the program and this forum. I really believe I can reach my weight loss goal with this program as long as I stick with it and stay strong.

More later..
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Postby Nova » October 1st, 2006, 7:21 pm

That's a wonderful list you've got. Make sure to keep coming back to read that when you feel a little blue or need some encouragement. In fact, I'll come back and read it for myself, because I see so many things in there that I'm noticing, and that I love doing.

Keep up the great work!
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby PJinCali » October 1st, 2006, 8:24 pm

Thanks Nova,

I went back to the '10 things I am looking forward to' list and I have already done 5 of them. I remember back in May I was so discouraged that I had over 150 pounds to lose. It just seemed so impossible back then. Now that I have lost over 70 pounds I know that my goal is attainable. I also know that I am successful because of all the hope and inspiration from everyone on the forum. You are one of the members I am inspired by. Everyone has had trouble (sometimes a little & sometimes a lot) but with encouragement and determination they get through it. I need a push almost every day and I get it from someone else’s post here on the forum.

Have a great week :lol:

PJ
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Postby PJinCali » October 4th, 2006, 4:50 pm

October 4, 2006 – I can’t believe it is October already. It seems like we just celebrated July 4th and suddenly everyone is talking about Halloween parties! The older I get the faster time seems to fly by.

I am sticking to the program but have noticed the weight is coming off more slowly. I know this is partially because I don’t have as much to lose (although I still have a long way to go). I figure as long as I keep losing all is well. Even if it is only one pound a week, I’ll take it.

The exercise is getting easier and more routine so I am adding some variety to my week to keep it interesting. I am noticing a difference in my arms with the light weight work I have been doing. I have a feeling I should start saving for the body lift I am going to need at the end of this journey. It seems that age and weight have really taken their toll and getting all this stretched out skin to look decent is just not happening. I am going to try to get as much accomplished with exercise as possible but I think this old body is going to need some help.
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Postby PJinCali » October 9th, 2006, 8:44 am

Monday October 9, 2006 – There are certain times of the month that make me hate being a female!!! Yes, I am cranky today and have been for the last 3-4 days. I am craving pancakes, blueberry pancakes. I love my offspring more than Anthony but I am about ready to trade on of them for some Blueberry pancakes. I know this will pass in about 7-10 days but JEZZZ!!! I hate this time of the month. Actually blueberry pancakes make me think about Cracker Barrel (the best breakfast place on earth!) and that got me thinking about their cheese & potato casserole. OH MAN! Cheese & potato casserole with the blueberry pancakes and their thick sliced bacon (makes my mouth water). It is a really good thing there is no Cracker Barrel near me (I think the closet one is just outside Phoenix) because I would be there getting my grub on today.

I may have to lock myself in my bedroom for a few days until this passes.
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Postby kmr » October 9th, 2006, 9:37 am

PJ,
I love reading your journal. It is so inspiring to me! You basically have reached my "total goal" and in less than 6 months! That's awesome! I hope I do as well. I read back in your journal that you heard the Dali Lama speak at a conference. That must have been wonderful! I love the term you used in one of your posts...."frenemies." I got a kick out of that term. I've never heard it before. Keep up the great job. Once again you're not only very inspiring but also seem to be a truly good person. All the best to you. :D
kmr
Preferred member

Postby PJinCali » October 9th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Thanks KMR,

You are doing so great and your photos are so inspiring! I wish I had been able to recognize my weight problem early enough to start MF at the weight you started at. I don't dwell on that now I just keep plugging along with the program. I have a chart that I forecast my weight loss with so I know I am really making progress toward my ultimate goal.

The women's conference where my daughter and I listened to the Dali Lama, was FABULOUSE!! Maria Shriver hosts it every year and sharing it with my daughter is so special I just can't even stand to talk about it right now (I am so hormonal this week because of my stupid period).

I am getting nervous about the upcoming holidays. How about you? I always have Thanksgiving and Christmas for the family and cook crazy great meals and desserts.

Thanks again for your support,

PJ
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Postby kmr » October 10th, 2006, 6:23 am

PJ,
The entire family always comes to our house on the major holidays so I'm making all the usual Thanksgiving fixins, but for me, I'm going to allow myself to "go over" on the veggies. So I'll have my allowable turkey with smashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes, green beans and salad with my diet soda. I should be very full with all that. Plus I'll be so busy cooking and socializing so that will help too. The only thing I'll have to be careful of is the Italian pastries my mother in law brings for one of the desserts. I make the pies. She brings chocolate rum balls with whole cherries in them, cannoli, chocolate and vanilla lace cookies, etc. (you get the picture). May the M.F. force be with me! :chef: :lightsword:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby PJinCali » October 15th, 2006, 5:58 pm

October 15, 2006 – Sunday – I am having trouble sticking to the program lately. I still have almost 100 pounds to lose and I really want to lose it. Most days I do really well all day but as my dinner time gets closer I nibble on things I should not eat. Last week I was craving chocolate and I ate chocolate. I bought some really great 73% cocoa dark chocolate and ate it. Unlike others who have eaten “forbidden foods”, that was the best tasting thing I have had in months!! I also went to California Pizza Kitchen with my daughter and ate salad and pizza. My favorite, pear and gorgonzola, 3 slices!! I know I am the only one that can fix my state of mind and I know I am able to do it. I am going back to work in a week or so and I think that may have something to do with it. I wish I felt as bad about myself as I did when I started in April because then there would not be such a struggle. That just sounds crazy!! I don’t ever want to feel that way again but I need to get back on the straight and narrow!! I am taking it one day at a time.

PJ
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Day 3 & back to work I go

Postby PJinCali » October 18th, 2006, 9:38 am

October 18, 2006 – Wednesday – Today will be day 3 of 100% compliance. I finally started my stupid period yesterday and the scale is showing it. I have increased the amount of water because I think it will help with the bloating (well that and Pamprin Max!) I made some of the oatmeal cookies to get over my craving for baked goods and they were fantastic. I added some pumpkin pie spice for a change of pace.

I am supposed to start working again next week and the trouble going to sleep is starting again. I start thinking about what I need to do at home before I go back and my brain will not shut down. I am so ready to go back. It was great taking six months off but now I am bored!! I need to get back with a strong team and contribute to a great project. It is exciting too because almost no one has seen me since I left six months ago. I know some have heard rumors that I have lost weight but it should be very interesting to see some of their reactions.

The project I am going back to manage is going to be really interesting and challenging. I have my eating and exercise plan all set and will review it with a couple of my good friends so they can help me stay on track. My offspring are more than a little worried that I will go back to my old habits (putting myself last, working too many hours, sleeping too little hours, eating too late at night, not eating during the day, not drinking enough water and consuming WAY too much caffeine). I will have to focus on staying away from these bad habits and keep my stress level down. My daughter and I talked about it last night and she wants to come and review my plan with me tonight. She wants access to it so I can stay accountable and out of trouble. I have no problem with having her monitor me because I know she is doing it out of pure love. Also she is great about telling me like it is in a way I will accept. My best friend said I should schedule a couple of exercise classes in the evening so I am forced to leave the office at a reasonable time. Since I don’t have little kids to get home to I tend to stay at the office so I can “finish one more thing before I go” This is always a mistake because it leads to another and another and before I know it it’s eleven o’clock at night and I am still there! I am looking for either exercise classes or maybe a language class so I will be forced to leave.

Ok, time to go organize the garage. It is getting close to being the rainy season and I want to put the mustang in the garage. Now that my offspring have taken their junk out of there I have the space I just need to make it all pretty : )
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Another new dog : )

Postby PJinCali » October 18th, 2006, 10:58 pm

October 18, 2006 – Wednesday – Oh Boy we have another dog! My son Anthony brought a dog to my house because it was at the pound and this was his last day on earth unless he was adopted. He can not have any pets at his place so he brought it over here. Now I have 3 dogs!! This is just insane. First of all the other 2 dogs are females (one is fixed but the other is too young and will not be sterilized until after Christmas). This dog is a sterilized male, 6 months old and is a Black Lab /Bull Terrier mix. His body looks like a lab but his face looks like a bull terrier. He is BIG, at least 45 pounds and is a ball of energy. My older female is a little dog but she is fearless. The Germen Shepard/boxer mix 2 month old puppy is very scared of the new dog. Roscoe (the older female) is very protective of Ginger (the 2 month old). She gets right in the face of this huge new dog (still nameless) It is hilarious to watch them together. Roscoe is queen of the dog world at my house. She is ruling the yard and the house. I hope everyone can get a long because I really want the new dog to be able to stay. I will post a photo soon. Oh! The other crazy thing is the dog keeps wanting to drink out of the pool. We bought him a HUGE water bowl but he just keeps going to the pool for water. Silly dog!

Today was day 3 of staying completely compliant. I have horrible cramps because it is that time of the month again! Also, I am sure my weight is up because I am retaining water like crazy. I hope that by Sunday it will be over and I reach my goal of joining the 80 pound club this weekend.

I am getting lots of projects completed around the house in anticipation of my return to work next week. It is funny now that I am nearing the end of my self imposed leave all these projects seen very urgent. I really want them done so I won’t have to think about them. We have a ton of donations to take to the Goodwill on Friday and that is our finish line for all projects. When done everything my offspring had been “temporarily storing” at my house will be GONE! I am doing the happy dance about that one.

Tomorrow should be another great day and I am taking it one day at a time

:dance:
PJ
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali