PIZZA piled high, Lean & Green!!!

Add your favorite recipes.

PIZZA piled high, Lean & Green!!!

Postby bzlife1967 » March 15th, 2006, 8:06 pm

Now keep in mind I am no chef so maybe some of you more crafty chefie types can tweek this a bit but I thought it was amazing. I invented it tonight.
:flip:

Crust:
Took 1 package of snack crackers, ground them up mainy just smooshing them added some water (sorry I didn't measure the water) some italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder and let it sit about 15 min so the crackers could soak up the water, added 1/8 tsp of baking powder, mooshed it up some more and spread it thin on a cookie sheet sprayed with pam and cooked in a preheated 350 oven for 10 -15 minutes. It was about 6inches in diameter but shrunk some in cooking. (Maybe more baking powder or baking soda will make the crust a lil more fluffy, I have to play with this some more, any bakers with idea's please let me know)

Filling:
I used my green portion of canned diced tomato's, green peppers, and onions and my lean portion of 6 oz of shredded chicken breast and simmered on the stove with about 1 tblspn of low cal, low fat italian dressing, When my "crust" was finished piled this high on the "crust" then topped with 1 oz of lowfat mozzarella and broiled until the cheese was nice and melty.

MMMM it was yummy

-Geri ;)
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby mmob » March 16th, 2006, 8:43 am

Mmmmm that sounds good. Is cheese allowed though?? Geeze I might have to try that. I have been dying for someting pizza-ish!

I have to say - I am not a chef extrordinaire at all - especially because I am so on the go constantly - but I am really looking for some new ideas - I love this one!! Even if you had it without the cheese and maybe used beef and peppers etc....so many things you can top that with!!

Thanks!!

Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 16th, 2006, 8:54 am

Quick start book states if your a vegatarian you can supplement low fat cheese for your protein, so I skimped on my chicken portion and sprinkled it with cheese. The crust was kind of like those low carb tortillas, so Im really hoping someone has an idea of how to make it more bread like. Im definatly gonna play with it some more!

-Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967

Postby aphrael » March 16th, 2006, 11:40 am

Maybe try some oatmeal as the crust? If you use strong enough flavors to top the pizza than it might overpower the sweet flavor of the oatmeal.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 17th, 2006, 8:23 am

Aprael. I thought of the oatmeal but the problem with that is... then you would be eating a MF meal with your L&G meal, so that is while I am experiementing with the crackers cuz their just a snack!!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967

YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Postby RID » April 1st, 2006, 2:45 pm

:o WOW BZLIFE...

This sounds wonderful...can't WAIT to try it... :woohoo:

I am also gonna try to find out if the crust can be "tweeked" a little for more fluff!

Will post as soon as I find out!!!

:dance:
RID

Postby montana1963 » April 2nd, 2006, 9:20 am

wow what a great idea.. did you use canned chicken? or just regular cut up chicken breast...?
CURVY VIXEN ON A MISSION!
montana1963

Return to Lean Cuisine