Pity Pot

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Pity Pot

Postby Mickey » April 12th, 2006, 7:03 am

I've given up.

Ever since the pizza, I've cheated. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, but at least once a day. I'm doomed to be this weight forever because I have no self-discipline.

Like the first weekend when I didn't give in to temptation and felt empowered by the success that transcended every facet of my life, so does my lack of self-control.
Mickey
5'3"

Mickey

Postby Arklahoma » April 12th, 2006, 7:20 am

Mickey, Mickey, Mickey,

Whatever you do, just don't give up! You can do this and we are all a testament to the fact that it's very do-able. Maybe you just haven't found the right motivation yet or maybe you're just not in the MF groove. Do you understand the plan okay? Do you have questions? Please let me know what we can do to help.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Pashta » April 12th, 2006, 7:25 am

Don't you remember how GREAT that felt? Being in control, and succeeding? You obviously have it in you cause you have done it! Don't go giving up, you can do it!!

Personally I will NOT stop no matter what and I will NOT cheat because I made a decision to do this, and invested quite a bit of money in it as well. I just don't see why you would want to have all this time, effort and cash go to waste. Just do it! :D
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mom23 » April 12th, 2006, 7:34 am

:cry: Oh Mickey, I am so sorry you are feeling like this... SNAP OUT OF IT!!! You know you can do it! You felt so good about your loss and about your weekend of compliance -- remember how that feels? :kool: Just keep thinking of that wonderful feeling of accomplishment and success and whenever you are tempted -- :stickwack: WALK AWAY from that temptation and talk to yourself -- tell yourself that you are worth it, that you CAN do it and that you WILL do it!! :clap:

We have PM'ed before, we can continue if you want or I can give you my email address and we can walk through this TOGETHER!!! :stroll: I know you can do it -- you can't give up! :hugblue:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » April 12th, 2006, 8:31 am

Mickey, are you sure about your goal? You're already at a healthy weight for a large frame and just a few pounds over the healthy weight for a medium frame. Have you spoken to your doctor about Medifast and your goals? We've had a couple of people here in similar situations who were advised to just cut back a little and exercise more, since they had so little to lose.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Pashta » April 12th, 2006, 9:51 am

Oh just noticed that. :oops: LOL! Well actually she is considered healthy but still is not near the "ideal" zone yet.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mickey » April 12th, 2006, 11:32 am

I've spoken with my doctor. He is the one who recommended MF. I have a petite frame and carry my weight around the middle. I am hypoglaucemic and at risk for diabetes. I also have unhealthy cholestoral; 199.

I know what you all are saying is true. I have to do this for my health. I DON'T want diabetes. My dad has it and I've seen how miserable it makes him when he doesn't take care of himself. Thanks y'all. I appreciate you.
Mickey
5'3"

Mickey

Postby Jan » April 12th, 2006, 11:48 am

Ok Mickey,
I'm afraid all I can say to you is -- yes it's not easy parting with the pounds. We all want to eat what we want to eat and not gain weight or even lose some pounds. But it's not going to happen unless you change your eating patterns. :( You are going to have to look inside yourself and decide what is most important to you. You know your personal risks for diabetes -- your Dr. has laid it out for you -- now you have to decide if you want to risk it or not. None of us can do it for you. Remember diabetics have quite restricted eating patterns and it's a lifetime commitment to that restricted eating pattern. We can part with fat -- but diabetes doesn't go away. Pizza is not a great option for diabetics or for those parting with the pounds. I guess it comes down to this: do you love yourself, your family, and those others who love you more than you love food?? Each of us has to make a decision as to what we will allow to rule our lives. And remember it's a struggle for us all. If it were easy -- we wouldn't be where we are or were --- many have done it and I know you can too. It's just a matter of choice, determination and compliance. Don't give yourself any other option.
I'll be watching for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » April 12th, 2006, 12:22 pm

Jan's 100 percent right, Mickey. You can do this, but ONLY you can do this. It gets easier after the first few days, and even easier after that, but first you have to commit to the program and just MAKE yourself do it for a few days. Take it day by day - or hour by hour, if you have to - but just DO it. You'll be so proud of yourself for sticking it out, and before you know it you'll be feeling great physically, too.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

You can do it!

Postby Nicole81 » April 12th, 2006, 1:28 pm

Oh don't give up now! :( You are already doing so well. Just keep telling yourself you can do it. If you have all the negative thoughts in your head saying you can't do it that WILL be your failure. You just have to put your mind and your heart into it! You know you WANT to do this and you don't have much more to lose. Just stick with it and you will be there in no time at all and you will be so proud of yourself and the happiest you have ever been!
-NICOLE
243 highest weight in 10/05
238 BEFORE MEDIFAST 1/06
STARTED MF 3/6/06 @ 230
230/190/130

Going to restart soon. Now 229 had my baby boy 7/14/07. Ready to get Shakin'
Nicole81
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 12th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Mickey :hugblue: You sound like you are going through a really tough time and my guess would be that it is not just the program. If you feel out of control in other areas than take advantage of the one thing you can control and that is what goes into your mouth! Come here and read and post often and we will help you through this but having said that remember we can only help it is up to you to just do it!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2006, 7:11 pm

:byebye: Hi, Mickey ~

I hope that you are crawling outta the pity pot this evening. So, the pizza happened. It's over. It's SO over.

You are down 9.5 pounds - that's awesome! :sheepjump:

A new day lies before you.

Like you, I was very :shock: afraid of diabetes (and just because I lost a load of lardgae does not mean that I am 'safe' either) - I watched my Uncle Jake lose his toes, his foot and then his lower leg due to complications from the diabetes. :no:

I :heart: love my toes. The thought of having them lopped off :whattha: scared the :twisted: pizza and :popcorn: popcorn outta me.

You'll be fine. You went to the pity party. It's over. Now go home to the healthy place that you discovered over the weekend.

You are w-o-m-a-n. :dance:

You are stronger than pizza.

You can do it! We can all do it together! :bouncieball:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 12th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Hi Honey,

I know you've had so much trouble, My heart has been breaking for you. My story is simple. I did MF over a year ago. I lost 34lbs in 6 weeks. I started cheating because I was plain pissed off that people I knew could have this or than and I couldn't. The inner child inside me was screaming "I want it now!" I realized I wasn't ready to make any sacrifices. It wasn't important to me.

It took me nearly a year to get to the point where I said, "that's it, I've had it! No more." It was then that I made the commitment to stick to the plan 100% for one month. Know what I got for it? 26lbs lighter! I didn't have to make a deal with me the 2nd month! I wasn't ready last year. This year, I am now!

Now, I am kicking myself. I could've been AT MY GOAL well before now if I had just stuck to it. I now decided that I was more important, my health was more important, my life was more important. No food is worth the way I feel now! You're close to where you need to be, you just need to look at your relationship with food.

Sorry about the novel, I'm just rooting really hard for you to be where you want to be in ALL aspects of your life!

DeDe
Last edited by dede4wd on April 14th, 2006, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lizabette » April 13th, 2006, 7:36 am

OH, I just love the help and support everybody is giving you, MICKEY. If I were even thinking about giving up, which I'm not, this would turn me completely around!

MICKEY, you are loved! :heart: :heart: We do care for you and so want you to succeed.

Remember, what you do will effect us one way or the other. It will either lift us up :lol: or let us down. :cry:

But more importantly, it will do the same for you. :you:

We're here for you, Miss Mickey!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.