Pics to share

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Pics to share

Postby Joan Roman » January 24th, 2005, 5:50 pm

Okay...I'm gonna put some pics up! Yeah and it is a bit scary for me! :dooh:
Let's see...I started with Opti-fast with my doctor who's specialty was treating obesity. When she left private practice to manage the county health department, I switched to medifast on my own. It was available on the web and actually tasted superior. My tip top weight was 296. My before pic is somewhere close to that.

I don't have any pics of that weight because I just didn't do pics then. I had to have a hysterectomy in June of 2000. I was really afraid to have it because of my size but had to do it anyhow. I managed to lose about 20 pounds by cutting my portions down before my surgery. A few weeks after recovery I knew I had to do something drastic! So that is when I began Optifast then continued with Medifast. My lowest weight has been 155 pounds. I took a break from doing just shakes at that weight. I stabilized somewhere around 165-168. I have been pretty much able to stay at that weight for some time. However I have had some flab creepage during this holiday season. Which made me realize that I need to face it!

I need to finally lose the rest of my weight! I have been using Medifast to maintain. I know I can use it to lose the rest of the fat! I really love being able to visit the forum. It helps with the mental part of losing. Anyway everybody...this is ALL OF ME! :oops:
I hope it encourages someone! Even me!
Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » January 24th, 2005, 11:44 pm

Joan ~

You are so beautiful! Wow! You have been on a long journey and we are proud of your accomplishment.

Your hair is lovely and your smile is fetching. We are enjoying your comments and your example to us.

We know that you can those holiday pounds off - the good news is that there are others doing the same thing you are - including me.

We have had a lot of foody events of late and I visited the buffet tables too any times - Because I THOUGHT I could! It's ok, it keeps me humble! Helps me to feel your pain, your desire pain...

You are a doll - so glad you sent your pictures. You lost half of your body weight, like me! But we are TWICE the women we were, right? ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 25th, 2005, 6:56 am

Joan!

Wow! Makes me so wish I wasn't camera shy when I was heavy. I don't have ANY pics of me then, and that was entirely by design.

You look so healthy and radiant! This is a great example of a picture speaks a thousand words - all compliments.

Shine on!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby raederle » January 25th, 2005, 7:02 am

Joan-- You're beautiful! And what a tremendous accomplishment. Thanks so much for posting these pics-- they really are an inspiration to me and I'm sure to many others here, too. You've come such a long way-- and if you're strong enough to have come this far, you're strong enough to get rid of the last few unwanted pounds.

PS-- If you ever cut your hair off, can I have it?!?! Mine is about as fine and thin as it comes-- I'd give an arm for your lovely locks! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Thanks Guys

Postby Joan Roman » January 26th, 2005, 4:33 pm

Thanks very much for the support and kind comments! I appreciate it very much :D And...if you have a THIN arm...I would very much consider trading my hair! I don't know if I will ever get rid of these big arms! I got my scale today. I'm going to set it up. I hope to get on it.
You will know if I post it on Sunday! :lol:

Thanks again!
Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby LongWay2go » February 9th, 2005, 7:02 am

Joan you ole MediFaster you, you look fabulous! All I can say is WOW!!!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Hey Thanks

Postby Joan Roman » February 9th, 2005, 9:22 am

Yep Spidey I've been at this awhile. Maintaining for the last few years...except for those nasty holiday pounds that I let creep on for the first time this year! :oops: That's why I'm back in the weight loss plan again! It's going good though. I'm loving it!

Thanks!
Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby LongWay2go » February 9th, 2005, 9:31 am

Yeah, I definitely remember reading your posts along my journey and wishing I was in the Keys enjoying that beautiful weather you have. We're in for another nor'easter tomorrow with at least a foot of snow. All I can say is, 50 days to St. Croix, and I may not be coming back! (You'll all get tired of that by the time I go!)

~Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Vacation Time

Postby Joan Roman » February 9th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Yippee Vacation Time Huh? Well that is good incentive to shake on! Just the thought of wearing swimwear can make me freak out a bit! :roll: Lucky I have a few months before we will be really hot here again. I'm wearing a sweater today :shock: I'm living for the day I can be one of those people who just walk around in a swimsuit like it's nothing! Go ahead and brag on about your up coming trip! :lol:

And if we gotta hear about it...we wanna see pics too! 8)
Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby LongWay2go » February 9th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Oh there'll be pics alright! It's not a vacation trip, it's a house hunting trip! Good bye snow!

~Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Return to Studio