I just had to share this.....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I just had to share this.....

Postby DonicaB » April 23rd, 2005, 7:28 am

Yesterday, my husband calls me on his way home from work and asks me if I want to go the St. Louis Cardinal game. A friend of his was going to give him 2 tickets, if we wanted them. Of course, I said :yes: (I love baseball)

Anyway, when he gets home he hands me a card. I was a little confused and almost upset at first because my Bday is Monday. (I thought maybe he didn't know what day it was)

I'm gonna tear up now. :tears: Here is what the card said: on the front it says.........BELIEVE IN YOURSELF..........and on the inside it says.........AND YOU CAN DO UNBELIEVABLE THINGS. And then my husband writes........(more tears :tears: ) I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE PROUD OF YOU. KEEP UP THE UNBELIEVABLE MEDIFAST WAYS.

I think I will keep him. :stroll: That little gesture on his part made me feel like a queen. And.......I even stayed on plan at the game and didn't eat my usual nachos.

DonicaB :heart:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby kassilou » April 23rd, 2005, 7:51 am

Awww, that's wonderful! He sounds so supportive! (and great job resisting the ball park food!)

Happy Birthday! :candle:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 23rd, 2005, 8:25 am

Donica.....thank you for sharing that....... :rose: ....it's amazing what a few words can do to us........how deeply it touches us......whether it be negative or positive......words can have such an impact..........That one small sentence is PRICELESS..... :heart: ....it was free.......didn't cost a cent...... :no: ....but holds so much value & treasure....... :thumbup: ......makes the journey so worth it.........may you always be uplifting to each other ..... :stroll:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Principessa » April 23rd, 2005, 9:40 am

Awwww.... That's so sweet!
Mary

31yo. 4'11"
Start Date 4/4/05
BMI: 36.4/32.4/23.2
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 23rd, 2005, 12:55 pm

That is so kind and thoughful of him! And staying away from ballpark nachos is something all health concerned individuals should do! What do they put in that cheese to make it neon orange??? :-P
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ljm498 » April 23rd, 2005, 2:59 pm

Awwwwww!!! What a sweetie! Definitely a keeper :D With your determination and support like that, you can't go wrong!!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

awwwww

Postby LilMsTexas » April 23rd, 2005, 4:40 pm

There is nothing more touching than an unsolicited card/note from someone who loves us. And when that card is out of love and support and encouragement.........well........TOTAL BLESSING! You go give your man a big ole' hug from me and tell him I said HE is a winner too!!

Congratulations on having a wonderful man to share your life with!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LongWay2go » April 24th, 2005, 8:12 am

Donica,

Can you throw that man in a copier and send out a copy to everyone here??? My goodness, he's a keeper!!!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DonicaB » April 24th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Spidey~ It is so good to meet you. I have read a lot about you. Boy, you have had it rough! I hope you don't mind, I have been praying for you.

About copying my husband.......well.........I......am a little.......on the selfish side. I think I will keep him to myself....... It took me too long to whip :whip: him into shape. :D

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Baseball Fan-I have the book for you!!

Postby hhyta » April 24th, 2005, 8:44 pm

Donica, How great that must have felt to have just that little nudge to help keep you going! Your husband sounds like a great guy! Since you like baseball, I want to recommend a book my husband and read the week prior to starting MF. It is written by a doctor from CA who weighed 400 plus pounds, and decided to take a year "radical sabbatical" while he was losing weight--he went to baseball parks around the country for one full year. It talks about his weight loss journey in a very informative, simple way. It really motivated us to start over spring break. Great book--I highly recommend it to anyome. It's called "My Big Fat Greek Diet" Check it out on the internet! Congratulations! Heidi
hhyta

Heidi

Postby Heidi » April 24th, 2005, 8:46 pm

That was me-Heidi, not a guest anymore! Read the book-it's excellent! I told you I'm not good with computers!
Heidi
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 25th, 2005, 7:47 am

Thanks Heidi, I will definitely look for that book. I love to read, I just don't have a lot of time to do it. As soon as school gets out, which is May 20, I hope to have more time to read.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room