Pickle Question!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Pickle Question!

Postby ascicles » March 6th, 2006, 11:43 am

I was looking through the booklet and it claims that you can have two pickles as a snack. What constitutes a "pickle". Is this a full size dill pickle (like you would find in a large jar), or a spear pickle (like you find in smaller jars). Also, are any types of pickles available? I like kosher dills, which seems fairly standard.
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Dayna » March 6th, 2006, 1:42 pm

I don't know what the official answer on this is, but I've periodically had two kosher dills as a snack - not the gihugeous ones, not the baby ones, just somewhere in the middle. It got me through cravings and satisfied my need to crunch, and hasn't seemed to impact my rate of loss. I don't have them every day, probably 2 or 3 times a week. I also found Tabasco pickles (can't remember who made them); they were cut in spears, so I counted each spear as a pickle. I guess, basically, I take two items out of the pickle jar, whether it's a spear or a whole pickle, and call that the snack.

How's that for vague and less helpful than I meant to be??!! :mrgreen:

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » March 6th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Two normal-size ones is right. Not the ginormous kind that come packaged individually (or that they fish out of those big pickle barrels), but not the little gherkins, either.

I like half-sour pickles, personally, but they can be hard to find depending on where you live. There's also a company called Mount Olive that makes Splenda-sweetened sweet (and maybe bread and butter) pickles, if you like that sort of thing (I don't, but I know other folks love 'em).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » March 7th, 2006, 8:40 pm

I did not find them appealing, but I saw the tabasco pickles today. I think they were the company with that little stork guy on it--Vlasic I think. Whatever the name, it is the stork!! :lol:

I use plain old dill pickles adn I love pickles, but this seems to be sufficient. You have to remember the tastes that you are eating will change your palate and you may not like so much salt at one shot. Then again, it could up the water intake.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby ascicles » March 8th, 2006, 7:59 am

Yesterday I ate 3-4 dill spears. I assumed that this would be the size of one full pickle (maybe a little more). I hope that is ok.
ascicles

Postby FORMOMMY » March 8th, 2006, 8:38 am

That's what I've eaten before as well. I actually held them together and figured it was 1-2 pickles. I usually counted it as 2 to be on the safe side so I wouldn't have any more during the day but that.

Guess if it is wrong, someone will tell us:)
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss