Package just arrived!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Package just arrived!

Postby luna » November 2nd, 2004, 12:06 pm

My boxes arrived today! I'm planning to start the program this Thursday or Friday.

So I'm unpacking all the boxes of shakes and soups and my primary feeling is ... fear.

Has anyone else experienced this?

To clarify, I think the feeling (maybe more accurately uneasiness) is rooted in the fear that this won't work either. That I won't have the willpower to stay on the program through the first few days or that I'll hate the taste and won't be able to continue.

I just want and need this to work so badly.
luna

Postby Sylvia » November 2nd, 2004, 12:38 pm

I can't say I ever felt fear. If you do, beat it with determination. You need to be completely committed and decide that you will stick to this no matter what. It WILL work if you stick with it.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

I'll be starting, too...

Postby gr8views » November 2nd, 2004, 12:46 pm

Luna, looks like we'll be starting about the same time. I have 100#s (or more) to lose as well. Maybe we can support each other through the first few (tough) days.

I know you've been reading the forum, as I have. I've been looking at this as exciting, although there is some trepidation, mostly because I can't blame anyone but myself if this doesn't work. I really believe it will work. It has for all of these other folks, so it should work for me!

What I like about MF? Tried and True... Easy so I won't need to think, measure, cook, etc... Doctor approved... This forum will really help!... Fast so that we see results quickly!!!

We can do this... What do you say?

Diane
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Alicia40 » November 2nd, 2004, 4:03 pm

Hi there

I am hoping the mail man will have delivered my Medifast 55 by the time I get home tonight. I want to start right away. I have a lot to lose. I am going to start tomorrow if its there. I can't wait to start feeling better. I have been feeling so bad lately from all this weight and my poor food choices. I hope to keep in touch with my progress and hear about yours especially. I know that if we stick together here we will all be a great success.
Peace & Blessings,
Alicia

Start: 11/05/04
Alicia40

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 2nd, 2004, 5:48 pm

Hi Luna,

And a late welcome - I've been busy the past few days. I know exactly how you feel because I too felt like this was the last chance for me, and if it didn't work like ALL the rest I had tried, then I was truly doomed to stay overweight. Actually I had already resigned myself to being bigger than I wanted to be, and gave away all my small clothes. THEN I heard about MF, and it gave me a glimmer of hope and somehow, I gave myself one last chance to succeed. THANK GOD I did. That was 5 months and 66 pounds ago. It WILL work if you just follow it. It's that simple. Not easy but simple. If I can do it anyone can!

Ola g8views!

Also a late welcome to you from a native New Mexican (born Silver City raised where they exploded the A bomb :shock: in Ranching territory). Santa Fe is pretty but too cold for me - it's very artsy. Miss the sunsets and Mexican food. O'Fair New Mexico, we love we love you so.... Anyway great to see someone here from the Land of Enchantment. You're gonna feel pretty enchanting when you reach your goal. I'm almost proof (4 pounds away) that it is possible. You can bet once I've properly transitioned into regular food, the first meal I'll make will be red enchiladas! If you're splurging before starting the program, have a tamale for me?

See ya'll around the forum,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Nancy » November 2nd, 2004, 6:00 pm

Making changes can be scary but it can also be very exciting!

Change your direction – :uhuh: no looking back – :shades: look forward now - towards your new beginning! :yay:

After reading the Forum the last few days, surely you know that Medifast has proven to work for so many of us. :yes:

May you rejoice with us, accept our optimistic belief in YOUR success, too and hop on board the Medifast train to Thinsville!

:coach: All aboard! :burnout:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: I'll be starting, too...

Postby luna » November 4th, 2004, 10:58 pm

gr8views wrote:Luna, looks like we'll be starting about the same time. I have 100#s (or more) to lose as well. Maybe we can support each other through the first few (tough) days.

Sorry! I meant to answer you before now. I'd love share the load with you. Feel free to PM me :)
luna

Postby fedup » November 5th, 2004, 9:13 am

Welcome aboard guys! You can't help but lose with MF. If you follow the program, it WILL work! Soon you'll be posting your losses too!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » November 5th, 2004, 9:42 am

The day you decided to order your Medifast products, you decided to do the very best thing for yourself: to get healthier.

What a special day - your FIRST day to a NEW and Healthier YOU.

Enjoy each day of the journey.

Keep your focus.

Happy shaking!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Carrie » November 5th, 2004, 10:36 am

Welcome Newcomers!

I think you'll find that some of us have felt everything you could possibly feel with regards to the weight issues. There's always someone here who knows what you're talking about.

I felt fear, but I also felt anger that I had to do this. I still do feel that once in a while. For many of us our emotions dictated how out of control we were with eating. Part of success is learning (for most of us through trial and error) how to have the emotions without eating our way through them. Not pretty or easy work, but definitely worth it.

Stick around, post often. I can tell you 100% that I wouldn't have made it this far without the forum gang!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Return to Come on in.