New - Just got my package

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New - Just got my package

Postby Kido » February 12th, 2006, 7:36 am

Hello Everyone. I just got my box yesterday, and I plan on starting everything tomorrow. I am really looking forward to this. I have done Atkins more than once with success, however, with a few added years it doesn't seem to generate the same results as it once did.

I have looked over this board, and am really impressed with the support. I know I will be needing some in the days to come.
Kido
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 12th, 2006, 8:32 am

Kido

Welcome to the Medifast family :goteam: I know you will enjoy the program and will be losing before you know it. Congrats on finding Medifast and I look forward to hearing from you on your progress.

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby lauradr » February 12th, 2006, 8:41 am

kIDO, WELCOME :wave:
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Welcome

Postby Jan » February 12th, 2006, 8:46 am

Hi there Kido,
You've found the right program and the right place. The forum members will help you right along as you part with the pounds. Be sure and read the Quick Start Booklet and follow it exactly. Drink your water!!
You'll do great and soon you'll be parting with the pounds. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Motivation matters!

Postby Thinwithin » February 12th, 2006, 10:23 am

Good for you! I mean, us! I started today. Have had one shake so far. Am only going to do the shakes, I want to minimize my focus on food. Helps with the attitude.

The fact that you've been able to stay on other diets, Atkins, tells me that you can do THIS. We can do anything for a matter of time! Go to it! You will succeed! Here's to our thinner future!
I can do all things through Christ....
Thinwithin

Postby cydj21 » February 12th, 2006, 2:35 pm

Welcome, Kido! :D

Isn't getting your first box terribly exciting? It felt like Christmas for me that day, and every weigh-in day since then has felt like my birthday. :D You have come to the right place and made a great first step in improving your health and happiness.

As one former Atkins user to another...I find MF much easier to follow, much more fulfilling, and the results are unparalelled. Prepare to be amazed at the end of week one!

:goodluck:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » February 12th, 2006, 3:27 pm

I'm a former Atkid, too. I miss the unlimited food - and I miss bacon sometimes, too - but like you, I found it just didn't work very well for me anymore. You'll be happy with the results here; I thought nothing could work for me anymore. I lose slowly, but I lose.

Welcome!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » February 12th, 2006, 5:18 pm

Well, Kido, I am with you on the Atkins thing. I wanted some simplicity and this has worked wonders. If you think about it, this isn't that much off of what a typical day would be for many people anyhow. I realize you are doing only shakes now, but in time you may move on to all o fthe other great meals, too.

For example:

BReakfast- oatmeal
Lunch- Chicken noodle soup
Dinner- Salmon and steamed vegetables

Now, most people are cool with that and find it absolutley normal. The only diffference is that we can now have all that plus add in a bar, a shake, and pudding. On top of that, you can have some jello and chicken broth with crackers. Now does that seem like a depriving diet? You will feel it in the beginning, but you will be great at this in no time. Good luck
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Kido » February 12th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome.

It was exciting to get the new package. I have had all day to get ready for tomorrow and a thinner me.
Kido
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Marseilles » February 13th, 2006, 6:33 am

Welcome, Kido! Best of success to you on medifast, you sound like you are ready to roll this morning! Looking forward to hearing all about your journey along the way!

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Guest » February 13th, 2006, 8:22 am

Got off to a good start this morning. Or so I thought. Decided to have a cappucino because I usually have coffee in the morning. Got everything around, warmed up the water, and well let's say makes note to self *self, don't put the warm water in the shaker again, it doesn't look good on the wall* :lol:

It is now 10:22 and I am doing good. Not hungry yet.

welcome

Postby bokkie » February 13th, 2006, 9:28 am

Hello and Welcome!!!!
I have also made the mistake of putting hot water into the shaker jar!!! Artef a good laugh, It was a tough mess to cleanup. Glad to have you here!!

Alicia
bokkie

Postby JustLynda » February 13th, 2006, 10:13 am

So, if you're not supposed to put warm liquids in the shaker jar--how do you prepare the warm drinks? Just stir in a cup? I'm still waiting on my first shipment, so forgive me if I've missed something obvious.
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hot Water Victim

Postby Jan » February 13th, 2006, 10:47 am

Oh My Goodness !!!
Another Hot Water Victim :mrgreen: I've done that too. When you try to shake it -- it explodes and then you get your exercise for the day -- cleaning up the mess :mrgreen: I think the best way to do the Cappucinno, Chai and Hot Chocolate is to put about an inch or so of cold water in the bottom of the cup -- stir in the product, then add hot water. It makes it nice and creamy. I always add the Davinci S/F syrups too. The S/F toasted marshmellow is especially good in the hot chocolate. Dogma (Robin) got me started on that. Yummmmmy!!!! :mrgreen: Oh and while I'm thinking about it -- I'm sure you wouldn't try this -- but I was half asleep one morning -- decided to have an orange shake -- put in Diet Orange soda -- added the shake and shook :x That one explodes even more. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy Shaking
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby suzyq » February 13th, 2006, 10:54 am

I prefer to mix the cappucino in a blender (makes it frothy like a real cappucino) and warm it on the stove on low. You could also mix it with warm water in the blender...

Keep shakin'
Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.