Our dear friends at Walden Farms have done it again!

Add your favorite recipes.

Our dear friends at Walden Farms have done it again!

Postby LongWay2go » September 10th, 2004, 6:47 am

Remember a while back I posted about Walden Farms salad dressings? 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs and 0 sugar. Well they have done it again! They just made available travel sized pouches of dressings that you can slip in your purse (or pocket if you're one of "the guys" and don't happen to carry a purse!). Their general web store for all products is available at http://www.waldenfarms.com/store.htm and the page specific for the new pouch-size dressings is at http://www.waldenfarms.com/dressingpackets.htm

-Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Sylvia » September 10th, 2004, 8:16 am

Thanks Gerald!

After your initial post I ordered a bunch of bottles from WF and also some of the travel pouches. They were wonderful while I was on vacation. So far I especially like the thousand island and russian dressings. Really tastes like I'm eating something i shouldn't be!

S
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 10th, 2004, 9:43 am

Hi Sylvia,

Yes, I like both of those flavors. I think my favorite is the Honey Dijon. I just placed a new order today to try some of the newer flavors that I haven't ordered previously. This was the first time I'd seen the new pouches. They will be awesome for me to slip in a pocket when we're meeting friends for dinner. Many of the restaurants around us are Italian specialty restaurants, and all they have are Italian, Caesar and Oil and Vinegar. To put it in the words of one fine rapper, "can't touch this!".

LOL

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby sudaoning » September 10th, 2004, 11:19 am

Gerald
No dressing for me, thanks :)

I just wanted to tell ya that I get such a kick out of Spidey every time I see him! :lol:

I did try a really good thing with the chicken rice soup. I've been missin' chicken tortilla soup, so here's my solution:

Chicken n wild rice soup.
Bit of bouillion
2 C water
garlic or garlic powder
bits of chopped green onion, celery, pepper
salsa
dash of cumin and /or chili powder
powdered chipoltle peppers to taste (or your favorite)

serve with crackers and lots of chopped cilantro and a little squirt of lime juice

YUM
Am I legal Mike??

Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby explorthis » September 10th, 2004, 11:28 am

bouillion/garlic/garlic powder/green onion/celery/pepper/salsa/cumin/chili powder/chipoltle/peppers/cilantro/lime juice

Donna, absolutely you’re legal. You forgot one ingredient: a roll of Terlet Paper - uh, after reading this fire and brimstone menu, made my eyes water just thinking about it!!! Keep the path to the LU clear!!!

I love hot stuff, sounds wonderful!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 10th, 2004, 11:28 am

Sounds delish, Donna! I'll have to print that one out!

-Gerald

PS - Everytime I see the spidey thing, I email Mike to remind him what a "dork" I am. LOL Can't help it, it makes me laugh!
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby explorthis » September 10th, 2004, 11:35 am

Funny thing, everytime you post (and I love the Avatar) first place your eyes are drawn to is Spidey - even though we are semi-used to it, your eyes are still drawn to the left of the screen for the Spidey-Dance....

And no Gerald, it's not dorkey at all...

Just keep asking yourself, what exactly is Normal? Beat to your own drummer ALWAYS.

-Mike (king of the dorks)
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby LongWay2go » September 10th, 2004, 11:38 am

Well for the past 20 years or so, "normal" has meant FAT for me, and that, I am changing! Thus the spidey - one of my way's of breaking the mold and growing into something better!

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Gerald I wanted to say Thanks for.........

Postby JeweloftheNile » September 21st, 2004, 10:09 am

posting about the Walden Farms Salad Dressings!

I read about it in your post and found some at the BX. (military exchange)

I have the Caesars and it is really good! Central Market doesnt carry it, but I put a request in as I wont be eligible for the BX much longer. I will have to stock up!

I also like the Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Caesar Fat Free Salad Dressing. I bought this when I was having trouble finding the WF brand. This one has 10 calories and 3 carbs per 2 T.

Do you measure out the WF and do you use it liberally since it is 0/0/0? I have been but wanted to get others experience.

Thanks
JOTN
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 22nd, 2004, 7:44 am

Hi Jewel,

I don't measure the amount at all, but it sure doesn't take much, does it? I recently finally tried the Ranch flavor for the first time. It was surprisingly good! So far the only flavor I don't like is the Oriental, but that may have been because I used too much of it.

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby Sylvia » September 22nd, 2004, 2:11 pm

I've been hesitating to try the ranch worried that it would taste like glue. Maybe I'll give it a shot tonight. The only one I haven't liked so far is the French - it had a very strange almost bitter taste. All in all, considering they have ZERO calories and ZERO carbs, I can't complain!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby purplepansy » November 12th, 2004, 6:57 am

you go spidey, amazing results in such a short time.! :cool:
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 12th, 2004, 7:30 am

Thanks Purple!

Sylvia, my most recent batch of French has a bitterness about it too. It didn't before. I wonder if they changed the formula, or if there was just a bad batch of it...

~Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby purplepansy » November 13th, 2004, 7:33 am

Another pansy lover!! :heart: Thank you for the grand welcome. I already feel I am part of the board! :hug:
I am very nervous about the holidays coming up. :turkey: I love to cook and prepare all the holidays with gusto. :chef: and find that time of year very soothing for me. I'm thinking I can stay busy making non food item like wreaths and enjoy decorating whle staying out of the kitchen. But I still have to cook thanksgiving :turkey: and christmas ( and the eve) :christmasbar:
I'm hoping by then I will be on the program long enough that I will not want to do any tasty-spoony licks. :flip:
My plan is to make stuff with coconuts in them!! Purple hates coconuts LOL
purple~
205/195/128

purplepansy

Postby purplepansy » November 13th, 2004, 7:43 am

I am very very new at this. So I can only offer my newbie advice. Theres a girl scout motto I'll never forget. 'BE PREPARED'. I overate yesterday. I was caught out with friends ( we play cards monthly). I did great and ate my soup and shakes before I left. During the game I drank ice water and mingled in conversation instead of filling my plate with yummies.
By midnight ( my last shake was 630p) I was fammished!!! :eat: I was so hungry I was dreaming about ritz crackers and cream cheese that was calling my name at home. I came home at 1am and ate every single cracker on the box and felt ill, disgusted :bricks: This is day two!! how can I scew up? How? Because I was not prepared. I should have brought my shake with me. If only, If only.
This is a learning process, with alot of ups and downs along the way. Like everything in life we aren't perfect. We can always stand to improve.
Lesson learned- Be Prepared. Never leave home without medifast. Start anew and give yourself a hug
purple~
205/195/128

purplepansy

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine