Our dear friends at Walden Farms have done it again!

Add your favorite recipes.

Just start again...

Postby gr8views » November 13th, 2004, 8:09 am

Purple, sorry to hear about your learning experience last night... Ahhh, the joys of learning a new lifestyle can be challenging!

Today is a new day. Enjoy your shakes!

(It's snowing in New Mexico today! Woo Hoo!)

Di
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » November 13th, 2004, 9:04 am

PurpPanz ~

NEVER leave home without it. NEVER. If you are hungry fix and slurp another shake. If you end up having 6 shakes, 2 soups and an oatmeal, so be it - that is MUCH better than inhaling Ritz crackers!! The first month of the program is CRITICAL to your success. Do not give yourself permission to go off program. It takes three days to build the fat-burning stage...

:shock: Folks, I NEVER saw this thread...must have shown up while I was snorkeling...

I, too :heart: the Spidster's Avatar. It is a total hoot! Of course, Leopard Woman IS highly jealous. It makes me cwazy to see him smilin' and dancin' over there when I am reading! I wanna get up and boogey, too!

Gerald, you ARE NOT the Dorkster, Man - you ARE Spidey!! You are looking mighty slender and very HOT in those tights, by the way...

Mike, before Guido comes out and :whip: whips me...PLEASE know that YOU are very HOT, very awesome, :shades: very cool and LW is cwazy for your flaming shirts!!
:angel:

:scratchhead: Hmm...maybe our dear blue-eyed Master of the Web can come up with a movin' and groovin' on-the-prowl Leopardy Avatar...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 4th, 2005, 11:25 am

Are you guys just satisfied with the Walden Farms dressing because of the 0/0/0, or do they truly have good flavor? I have tried some of these types of things and have a hard time getting over the strange taste. I just wanted to check before I buy some. I definitely don't like the MF dressings, and it sounds like most don't use it and if you do, its not for salad!

Anyway, just let me know if they have flavor or are blah, but we use them cause their 0/0/0......

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 4th, 2005, 12:00 pm

I hope they are yummy, Maura, because based on this thread I just went to the website and ordered six assorted bottles of dressing and four assorted bottles of barbecue sauce! (My chicken needs something.) I'll let you know what my opinions are when they get here.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby bk » February 4th, 2005, 12:19 pm

i tried some walden farms - it tastes much better actually ON a salad, then tasting the dressing plain. otherwise it just tastes like vinegar! i think it's something you just need to try for yourself. in the grand scheme of things, it's only three or four bucks for a bottle, and if you don't like it, no big deal. i tried the caesar dressing.
bk

Postby TamiL » February 4th, 2005, 12:35 pm

Hey Gals...
THe walden farms dressing is okay..the bacon ranch and thousand island is my favorite...I get the individual packets and have them everywhere incase I do a lean green with a salad.that is my dressing and there are no worries..I used to care what people thought as I took a packet of dressing out of my purse at dinner..and used that..but now I dont care at all!!! its zero everything...so you cant expect it to taste outrageously great...but its okay....GUILT FREE is the best part!!
:D
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 5th, 2005, 1:36 am

Maura,

I have never tried the Walden Farm dressings myself. I used to eat nothing but Bleu Cheese or Roquefort dressing before Medifast - very large servings of high fat/high calorie dressings and it was a major adjustment for me to let those dressings go.

Since I do like high-contrast flavors, including various vinegars and spices, I enjoy the MF salad dressings. I think they are best with the addition of a packet or two of Splenda and I have also experimented with some lemon or lime juice rather than vinegar.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 7th, 2005, 1:02 pm

I'll try playing with them some more. I only bought the ranch and honey dijon.

I bought the bacon ranch Walden Farms....it was horrible. I guess I can't get over the "awkward" taste of the diet dressings.

I'm with you Nancy, blue cheese dressing and alot of it....mmmmm.

I found a Kraft Caesar dressing that is fat free, and has only a couple of carbs, and that is the best I have found so far. I guess I stick with what I know....

Maura
itsgonnaworkthistime

Postby Nancy » February 7th, 2005, 1:41 pm

It does take some adjusting to the low cal life...Foodies typically like the fat-laden stuff. I really like salad without dressing - just a hefty splash of vinegar often satisfies me.

I just visualize the trans fats and lipids clogging my arteries and it makes it easier to avoid those foods.

I had some deep fried fish yesterday and a few French fries - rarely do I have it and my mouth felt all gunky and it was not that satisfying...Maura, it takes a while to get to that point. You will!

You are doing great and while you have a ways to go, you are learning during the weight loss phase how to do it and this will help you when you are ready for maintenance.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sylvia » February 7th, 2005, 2:54 pm

A kind of funny story about WF dressings. After trying a number of flavors, I settled on Ranch as my favorite. This made me happy b/c ranch was available locally and I no longer needed to order on the WF web site. It was good both for my salads and ultimately also as a veggie dip. Since it was 0/0/0 I didn't need to be too vigilent about serving sizes, etc. I used it almost every day (my lean and green was typically salad with chicken) for severl months and have continued using it for maintenance almost daily as a veggie dip.

So a few weeks ago I glanced at the nutritional information on the bottle and it had 35 cals in a 2T serving. I was appalled - I must have accidentally bought the wrong kind. Except when I looked for the 0/0/0 kind in all of my regular stores, it wasn't there. In its place was this fat laden kind.

I was on vacation last week and we were staying in a condo. I bought some veggies for snacks and much to my delight found the 0/0/0 version of ranch which I promptly bought. I took it back to the condo, opened it, tried it and YUCK. It was absolutely horrible - inedible even. Of course this caused me to realize that I had been eating the lowfat version rather than the zero cal version all this time. I guess it's all water under the bridge now...
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 7th, 2005, 3:20 pm

Sylvia,

That is a great story. And it appears not to have affected you at all. Nice to know I'm not the only one that thinks its icky!!!

I'm going to stick with the normal brands and their lowfat/fat free versions.

Maura
itsgonnaworkthistime

Postby smartiegrrl » February 7th, 2005, 9:53 pm

itsgonnaworkthistime wrote:Sylvia,

That is a great story. And it appears not to have affected you at all. Nice to know I'm not the only one that thinks its icky!!!

I'm going to stick with the normal brands and their lowfat/fat free versions.

Maura

I dunno - whats in this stuff if its 0/0/0? I can't find their ingredient list online.

I like just plain high quality balsamic vinegar with some pepper on my salad. I've never been much of a dressing lover. I can't stand mayo and most sauces. I do like this World Art Foods Balsamic Ginger Splash. Oil is one of the last ingredients and its 25 cal in 2T. I put 1t on my salad and toss.
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » February 7th, 2005, 10:11 pm

Smartiegrrl ~

If you're not a mayo lover, you'll never understand! I used to have so much mayo on my burgers or sandwiches, it squished out. My salads were drowning in dressing...I was shocked when I had my first 'dry' salad - lettuce and spinach actually have flavor!

Your balsamic vinegar suggestion sounds good and legal! Thanks, Little Darlin' ~ you're doing great, BTW.
Last edited by Nancy on February 21st, 2005, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby MamaD » February 21st, 2005, 5:46 am

Hey Gerald....
Do you know what is in the "calorie free sauces" like the Bar b Q from walden farm??? Do they have other meanies in them?? Was just wondering if you had tried them
MamaD
Trusted Member

Previous

Return to Lean Cuisine