Orange Shake

Add your favorite recipes.

Orange Shake

Postby Miami » February 13th, 2006, 1:11 pm

Does anyone have ideas for the orange shake? I've tried Sprite zero and even added some extra orange extract, but it's not doing a thing for me. I've read somewhere about an orange pineapple shake. Can't seem to find it. I can't find pineapple extract in the grocery store either. I've tried several. I'm looking for a more orangy or fruity taste. Less milky tasting.
Thanks in advance for all suggestions. :)

start date: 2/13/06
Miami

Postby Miami » February 13th, 2006, 1:15 pm

I just read a post where the orange pineapple shake was discontinued. Should have done a search before posting. I don't think I'll order the orange anymore. Not the worst thing that I've had, it's just not fun to drink.

Miami

Postby Marseilles » February 13th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Hi Miami...

Ah, the orange pineapple shake. :nonono:

I miss that one so much, it was my very favorite. It was one that medifast used to make but discontinued. Have you considered a splash of lemon or lime juice in the current orange ones?

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Miami » February 13th, 2006, 2:08 pm

After reading the older posts, I was looking forward to ordering pineapple orange and freezing as some of the others had done. It seemed to be a favorite, wonder why they discontinued it? Oh well. Marseilles I haven't thought of the lemon or lime juice. I'm going to try it. Thanks for that idea!

Miami

Postby Marseilles » February 13th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Miami, like you I crave something more fruity or tangy tasting and less sweet. the splash of lemon or lime does that for me. Another one I really like is the vanilla shake with a splash of key lime juice added, it reminds me a lot of key lime pie...mmmmm!

Let me know what you think of them after you try that?
-M
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby FORMOMMY » February 14th, 2006, 7:30 am

Funny you should mention this. Last night I mixed an orange shake with the french vanilla shake to make 16 ounces. I had half of it last night and the rest this morning. What I do is put it in the freezer just until it starts to get slushy. It TOTALLY tastes like a creamsicle!!! I love it!

Hope this helps.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Drama Queen » February 14th, 2006, 10:15 am

The Orange Shakes are one of my very favs but I like things a little tangy too. Here's what I do....16 oz of cold water, one (1) packet Orange Delight Shake, one (1) packet Crystal Light On The Go Lemonade, Shake. Ummmm, very tasty. I also do this with the Strawberry Shake. Cuts the sweetness. You could also add ice and put it in the blender or Magic Bullet.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

ORANGE SHAKE

Postby BettinaV » September 5th, 2006, 8:23 pm

I don't love the orange shakes that much. But I put diet orange soda instead of water and blended with ice and it was good. I also added some strawberry, banana, orange crystal light and it helped a lot. Enjoy!
BettinaV

Return to Lean Cuisine