Anyone have any Orange Pineapple shake Recipes? :)

Add your favorite recipes.

Anyone have any Orange Pineapple shake Recipes? :)

Postby Philamae » March 28th, 2005, 9:31 am

I started shaking a couple of days ago! Im really excited about the program and have not strayed yet, but I have a bit of an unexpected problem!

When I ordered my shakes I thought the flavors I would most enjoy would be Orange Pineapple and Vanilla- So I made my order all Vanilla and Orange Pineapple save for one box of Banana and one box of strawberry creme.

Now I LOVE the Vanilla, its great and so versatile! The Banana was awsome too.. going to have to order more of that next month :D!
But the Orange Pineapple.... just made me want to throw up, I tried some Crystal light in it, and some Diet V8 splash tropical blend, but neither seemed to help :( . I can't afford to buy new shakes so Im stuck with these for the time being!

I am very unimaginative when it comes to food (probably why I used to order pizza 4 times a week!) and all of you are so creative, maybe you can help out a picky eater! :mrgreen:
Philamae

Postby tumbleweed » March 28th, 2005, 11:21 am

What about some coconut flavoring make it a little tropical? or how about a splash of vanilla flavor? I like the vanilla shakes too especially with huckleberry sugar free davinci syrup yummm, good in the chocolate too. Hope you find something to make them yummier!
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » March 28th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Philamae ~

re:
Diet V8 splash tropical blend

I haven't tried that before - is it 0 Carbs, 0 Calories? :shock: Gulp! If not, don’t have it again…. :oops:

I really like the Orange Pineapple shakes made in the blender - 8 ounces of cold water, add a packet of Orange Pineapple shake mix, whirl it up for a minute or so until it is creamy and thick then I add a couple of ice cubes and blend some more to make it icy.

I do like the flavor a bit more intense so sometimes I add some Crystal Light - I prefer the Raspberry Ice. I add about 1/8th of a teaspoon of it to the Orange Pineapple. That might be enough of a flavor boost to at least help you to finish off the boxes that you have and then next time you'll be able to place a new order with shake flaves that you just LOVE! :lol:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Philamae » March 28th, 2005, 10:00 pm

oops! I didnt notice the V8 had carbs!
10 calories, 3g of carbs, I had about a tablespoon

I was just trying to keep the shake down at that point and I grabbed something :x

Oh well, my first mistake, at least it wasnt a major one!

I think Im just going to try to pile them with blue sugars and crystal light..
Im going to take a trip to TJ maxx and hope they have some syrops in stock hehe
Philamae

Postby Dean0408 » March 28th, 2005, 11:03 pm

Was the orange-pineapple taste too strong? If so, do an experiment mixing the orange-pineapple with the vanilla. Try mixing half a pack of vanilla with half a pack of orange-pineapple. Maybe the combined tastes will be pretty good. Sort of like a Creamsickle with pineapple added. If this turns out to taste good.........then just mix a double batch using one pack vanilla to one pack orange-pineapple and double the water to make two shakes at once. Drink half now and the second half in three hours.

My wife likes mixing the chocolate shake with the swiss mocha shake.
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » March 28th, 2005, 11:37 pm

Yup, good idea, Dean.

I cannot stomach the :puke: Vaniller packets UNLESS mixed with a Dutch Choc shake or a Diet Root Beer. Blechy... :huh:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » March 28th, 2005, 11:40 pm

P.S. I call those "Now 'n Laters" You mix the double, ya drink half of it NOW; the other half ya slurp LATER or ya share it with a flabby buddy. :buddies:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LaureenV828 » March 29th, 2005, 2:45 pm

I am the same way with the vanilla it was good at first but then I was getting sick of it and now I dont like , I love the Dutch Chocolate its awesome !!! I think of it as a glass of choclate milk I blend it and shake it with 4 ice cubes -and some times I add Raspberry Ice Crystal Light to it -tastes like a candy bar !!!

:nutz:

Take Care !!

Laureen
LaureenV828
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine