Operation Shake Down Has Begun

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Operation Shake Down Has Begun

Postby lorriehartley » March 30th, 2004, 9:31 pm

I tell ya what, I never knew a pickle could taste sooooo good. First I sucked the juice out of it, I was very surprised and delighted to know how much juice one pickle could hold; then I sucked the seeds off of it, there were lots of seeds just for my enjoyment then I ate the peel of it -- quite enjoyable I might add then I actually ate the pickle---what was left. It was a total of 5 -8 minutes of pure dill enjoyment.

I was feeling kinda (okay really extremely) vulnerable when I came home from work ( :shock: Stress city -- I was hoping for easy street) and thought poor Lorrie you have had a rotten day you deserve to have a pizza (only half of coarse) and watch some T.V. and take a stroll down Couch Potato Lane and have a big ole cup of pity :oops: . I said to self, Self, you have stuck on this for seven days, don't waste what you have already achieved. Don't go back where you came from, it was not all it was cracked up to be. I decided, Self- you can either be pitiful or powerful you can't be both. I choose POWERFUL.

Today a piece of me died, and a new part has come alive. Operation Kick A has begun.

When my kids come home from piano lessons I said kids get your swimsuits on we are going to the pool. I read a book and drank a soda, but I was out of the house and out of my old mind set.

Operation Shake Down is at hand, I am plotting my new strategy. Any help, hints or tips, are encouraged.

Thanks for being part of the Operation Shake Down Team. I need you! ;)
God's mercies are renewed everyday.

Lorrie
178/173.5/120
lorriehartley

Postby TamiL » March 31st, 2004, 12:09 am

Lorrie
I laughed out loud when I read your post about the pickle!! I think I posted about that same thing a while back!! isnt it amazing how satisfying a little pickle can be?? lol!! god...its great to laugh out loud on this forum at 2 a.m!! :-P :-P :-P ;)

Operation shake down seems as if its gotten off to a good start already..I like that saying!! you seem to have the right mind set...break the old habits and start new ones...after all, this new beginning on medifast has to be a lifestyle change, and no better way to make a change than to just create new habits and new ways of thinking!!

keep up the great work....and enjoy the pickles!! ;)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jims Chick » March 31st, 2004, 8:58 am

Can you imagine doing the "how do you eat a Reses PNB cup" commercial with Lorrie's pickle.......
how do you eat a dill pickle

[First I sucked the juice out of it, I was very surprised and delighted to know how much juice one pickle could hold; then I sucked the seeds off of it, there were lots of seeds just for my enjoyment then I ate the peel of it -- quite enjoyable I might add then I actually ate the pickle---what was left. It was a total of 5 -8 minutes of pure dill enjoyment. ][/quote]
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby elle4nelly » March 31st, 2004, 11:26 am

Lorie you made me chuckle!!

Your are the commender of the Kick A operation!!! I'm scurrred of you Commender Lorie!
:D

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby loriehartley » March 31st, 2004, 12:46 pm

You are so funny, :shock: scurred!
loriehartley

Postby pinkgeek » March 31st, 2004, 1:26 pm

*Shakes her booty at the Commander* I could use some A kickin' myself!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby shineface » March 31st, 2004, 3:00 pm

Lorrie --

You crack me up with your "Ode to the Pickle" -----------

Glad to hear you are doing so well --- I have remained pickle-free since I started --- but you make it sound tempting - do we have to stick to Dill?

WE Will do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » April 3rd, 2004, 6:39 am

Your description of eating that pickle stirred up a memory from over 50 years ago. . .

When I was a kid, my mom would get my sister and I out from under foot while she was putting away groceries by hiding two little packages of M&Ms. We would have to find them to eat them. Well, my M&Ms would last just long enough for me to rip the envelope open and pour half of them into my mouth followed very shortly by the other half of the contents. I would then watch my sister, the princess, who would take each and every little individual M&M and nibble, nibble, nibble the candy coating off of the chocolate, first from around the edges, and then from the top and bottom. She would then let the chocolate just slowly melt on her tongue. It drove me nuts! That little package of M&Ms would last her over an hour! But, in hindsight, SHE never had a weight problem.

Can anyone else see the early development of life-long bad eating habits here?!?

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lorriehartley » April 3rd, 2004, 12:16 pm

I never remember a time in my childhood my mom did not have me on a diet -- I was never thin enough. It kinda of warps you after awhile. My dad thought (thinks) that fat people of well YUCK! I remember when I was about 11 and this news lady would come that was over weight and he would always say -- that F@!#ing Lisa --- so I got the idea that thin was in. In seventh grade my dad had an affair with my moms sister, I remeber stopping at a restuarant (my mom and dad were meeting to try and work things out) and I didn't want to eat, I was pretty devastated over the whole thing, and my dad said if you don't eat I am going to leave. I started eating and gained 40lbs. In eigth grade I became anerexic -- and got down to 98lbs everyone including my parents thought I looked faboulous. I couldn't maintain that weight so in 9th grade I started scarfing and barfing (binge and purge) and I maintained a size 3 through 11th grade. In 12th grade I gained 20 lbs and wore a size 7. I almost lost my first baby because of bulima, I started hemorrahging and didn't stop. I was delivered from bulima on Jan. 2003, I say delivered because it was a God thing. I went up for mental healing and God met me at my moment of despair. You know, I don't even think about binging and purging any more. Total deliverance.

I puked my first promise ring from my husband down toilet. He bought me another one.

You probably got more than you bargained for when you asked that quesiton.

Love and blessings, Lorrie ;)

Lorrie
178/173.5/120
lorriehartley

Postby Landylue » April 3rd, 2004, 1:41 pm

I hear you, Lorrie, and I totally understand. My first trip to a doctor for diet pills was in the 4th grade! My dad also was disgusted by fat women, not men, mind you, but fat women, and God forbid, a fat daughter. My two brothers still feel the same way about women (and sisters). Daddy thought the more names he called me (tub-of-lard, fatty, fat-so, etc.) the more I would be motivated to lose weight. It, of course, had just the opposite affect. God, I wouldn’t go through my childhood again for a million dollars!

I went back to diet pill quacks again in the 7th grade, (they were on every corner in Dallas) and I took amphetamines on and off until my early twenties. As long as I was on the pills, I could keep the weight off, the minute I stopped, it started piling back on. My parent’s best friends had a daughter who must have weighed over 400 lbs, and I was constantly told, “You don’t want to be another Freddie Mae do you!?!” I think my parents were horrified at the thought of having the shame of an ‘old maid’ daughter who was too fat to marry off. I remember confiding in my mom that I didn’t think I loved the guy I was engaged to like you were supposed love a husband. She waved it off and told me that I would learn to love him, that because of my weight, she was afraid no one else would ask me in my lifetime. Horrendous advice that I so wish I hadn’t followed.

You’d think that they might have connected the way our family cooked our food to the weight gain. Mama was the best cook in the world. She would get out her black cast iron skillet, toss a huge spoonful of Crisco into it, and then ask Daddy what he wanted for dinner. Whatever it was, it was going to be fried. Nobody thought anything of it back then. All her wonderful vegetables were seasoned with bacon fat, or had huge hunks of fatback floating in them! And the desserts were every night occurrences. She kept two big ‘goodie drawers’ stocked with chips, cookies, candy, you name it.

Anyway, to bottom line this epistle, I guess what we make of our lives from this day forward is totally up to us. The past is the past, Lorrie, let's leave this awful baggage there. It is far too heavy to carry for the rest of our lives.

The best of luck to you--to both of us--to all of us.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lorriehartley » April 3rd, 2004, 2:36 pm

I agree about leaving the past in the past. You know everyone seemed to operate better before some Quack came up with the word 'dsyfunctional family", I haven't met a family yet that is not quote unquote dsyfunctional. I have forgiven my parents through God's Grace. My definition of Gods Grace - is our ability to operate levels above our formal training.

I am getting ready to go see home on the range, my girls our very excited. We really enjoy movies. We saw Missing last night, it is a must see, in my opinion.

Be blessed today.

Lorrie
178/173.5/120
lorriehartley

Return to The Weight Room