My first shake and....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

My first shake and....

Postby suzkabooz » April 17th, 2004, 9:16 am

How can I make them taste better? I had a strawberry one and I have to say that it was not as good as I wanted it to be. Are the others better? What can I do to make it taste better? Help anyone?

Suz :help:
suzkabooz

shakes

Postby marge » April 17th, 2004, 10:51 am

Suz I like the dutch chocolate the best for me because I like chocolate and I put mine in the blender with ice so it is really think :lol: I am sure there are some people on this board who has many more ideas to make them taste better.....

happy shaking :roll:
marge
Preferred member

Postby TamiL » April 17th, 2004, 5:01 pm

Suz
if you go to the lean cuisine on the bottom of the topic/forum page...you will see a whole bunch of recieps for shakes and other supplements to spice up your shakes and soups...etc!!

goodluck...there are many recipes! if you can get yourself some divinchi sugar free syrups or even atkins sugar free syrups...and do your shakes up with those and ice...or extracts and some splenda to sweeten them up...they taste great!!

hope that helps you!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby kimay » April 17th, 2004, 6:44 pm

Suz,
I, for one, love the orange-pineapple shakes. They taste and smell just like Juicy Fruit gum. Yummmm! And that is all I drink, I am so satisfied. I don't like the dutch chocolate because it doesn't taste that great to me either and it kind of scratches my throat a little bit...real wierd!
Kim
kimay

Postby Starloser63 » April 19th, 2004, 7:36 am

Suz,

I like the dutch chocolate and I don't even care for chocolate, but it tastes best to me. I got use to the French Vanilla and I am still having trouble with the strawberry. I just pour mine in the shaker, shake, drink and rinse the shaker jar out. Oh I do pour into a glass before I drink it. I just need it to be as easy as possible. I tried the blender thing and decided it was to much work.

Wishing you the best on your journey. Keep reading and posting.

Hugs,
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby TypingTrish » April 19th, 2004, 8:26 am

Was just wondering if you all are just mixing your MF with water alone or do you use diet soft drinks? I have found the best taste for me is French Vanilla mixed with Diet Rite Peach soda. Yummy! Unfortunately though, I am having trouble finding the Peach in our local stores now and I may have to resort to another flavor. :cry: I have e-mailed Diet-Riet this weekend and hope they can direct me to a store to stock up! It sort of takes like cake batter! I also like the Strawberry with Diet 7-Up.

I never mix my MF with just water and I was just curious if this is a hinderance to the effects any? I don't think I could just handle mixing them with water either! :tongue:

On day #2 and doing good, other than needing an indwelling catheter! :water:

Hope everyone has a Medifastic Monday!

:puter: Trish
TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

diet peach soda

Postby kimay » April 19th, 2004, 12:24 pm

Trish!
Wow! Never even heard of diet Rite peach soda. Sounds wonderful. Let me know what you find out and where. I live in Calif. so maybe it's unheard of here, but just the same please let me know, would love it, I just know it!! Thanks so much!
I always just use about 6 oz. good water, add 3 ice cubes, to shaker jar, shake, shake shake and drink my pineapple-orange and I find it very cold and tasty. Never tried mixing w/soda or blending, cuz I'm satisfied with it that way. But peach soda, now that sounds too good to be true!
Kim
kimay

Re: diet peach soda

Postby TypingTrish » April 20th, 2004, 11:51 am

kimay wrote:Wow! Never even heard of diet Rite peach soda. Sounds wonderful. Let me know what you find out and where. Kim

Well I heard back from Diet-Rite. They gave me the local number to contact our local distributor. I'm going to give them a call and see if they can help me out. I gotta get some more...I'm almost out! :tears:

Try going to the web site and E-mailing them. they were pretty quick about getting back with me with the distributor's phone number. Good luck finding it...it' s yummy! :guzzle:

TypingTrish

Postby Starloser63 » April 20th, 2004, 12:10 pm

Howdy all, just went to the Diet Rite website and they have black cherry and tangerine also. They give you an 800 number to call in their FAQ section. I didn't even know they had so many different flavors. Thanks for the information Trish.

Hugs,
Susan F
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63

Postby TypingTrish » April 20th, 2004, 6:40 pm

Starloser63 wrote:Howdy all, just went to the Diet Rite website and they have black cherry and tangerine also. They give you an 800 number to call in their FAQ section. I didn't even know they had so many different flavors. Thanks for the information Trish.

Hugs,
Susan F

Hey Susan (& Everyone else) Guess what??? I found my Diet Rite Peach tonight!! Yup....Good ole Wal-Mart had it in stock!! I am so relieved to have finally found some cause I was starting to worry what I would do tomorrow when I ran out of it! My 14-year old just tasted one of my shakes and she said "yummy!" I don't know if you have "Sno-Biz" crushed ice places where you are or not, but they have a milkshake they call Wedding Cake Shake. I think Medifast with Diet Rite Peach tastes exactly like that!

Hope you can find some too! :yippee:

TypingTrish

Better Shakes

Postby trish » April 20th, 2004, 7:28 pm

The only shake I like is the chocolate or dutch chocolate. I put 1 1/4 cups ice cold water in a glass with the mix and use a hand blender to mix it well. Then I put it in the freezer for 15 minutes until it starts to get ice around the edge. This makes it a lot better.

trish
trish

Re: My first shake and....

Postby ladyblue » April 20th, 2004, 7:58 pm

suzkabooz wrote:How can I make them taste better? I had a strawberry one and I have to say that it was not as good as I wanted it to be. Are the others better? What can I do to make it taste better? Help anyone?

Suz :help:

Hi there. I thought I really only liked the vanilla shake and then I tried the chocolate made in a blender with ice and a few drops of almond extract. Oh my gosh can we say chocolate/almond frozen shake YUM!
Good Luck finding the ones that suit your taste buds best. :)
~Blue
~Today is the first day of the rest of my life~
76#'s to goal ~ Medifast began 4/16/04
70#'s to goal ~ 4/20/04
ladyblue

Postby Starloser63 » April 21st, 2004, 5:53 am

Can you believe that Diet Rite doesn't have all flavors of their soda everywhere? Certain flavors are in certain areas this is not fair! I have to call my local bottler to see what I can get here. I hope they put more out.

Trish, I am so glad you found your soda. My 15 year old likes my shakes also and the diabetic peanut butter crunch bars.

Have shaking day!

Hugs,
Susan F
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63

Postby shineface » April 23rd, 2004, 4:56 pm

WELCOME!!!!!!!

I've become a big believer in just do it -- also a little splenda and sf syrup certainly don't hurt the cause and improves the taste... I've come to like mine straight - result of losing weight I guess!!!!!

Believe me when I tell you that you are in the right place!!!

I am always on this board – however, I am an Innkeeper and the primary Innkeepers are on vacation so I am holding down the fort while they are gone --- loving it …but running the whole business. Staff, books, baking, greeting, advertising, booking, etc, etc.

I can’t imagine doing what I am doing before I started Medifast --- look at my numbers and you will know what I mean --- this program works and I’ll tell you that this forum is the BEST!!!!! I MISS EVERYONE --- but by the first of May I’ll have my usual time to devote to reading and posting --- can’t wait!!!

Come here often and keep reading and posting and shaking and slurping and drink – drink- drink the water!!!!!!!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.