only a 3 pound lost for week three

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

only a 3 pound lost for week three

Postby krandle » May 8th, 2005, 6:40 am

Good morning and Happy Mothers Day
This moring i weighed in i lost a total of 3 pounds. I have to be honest with you all, i was LIVID :x I have to be honest with myself too, I know not drinking water will affect your weight loss. I had 4 glass of water total last week. I had coffee, diet soda, diet kool aide, but 4 glasses of water. So this week i will force myself to drink 64 ounces of water a day this week. But i can't have this kind of disappointment next week.
Good luck every one
krandle
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 8th, 2005, 6:51 am

Wow........I'm sorry that you feel so bad about a 3lb loss :oops: I would normally be congratulating you and celebrating with you. 3lbs in a week is normal and healthy and exciting for most. But I realize sometimes we have expectations and when they aren't met we are really aggravated. I've never lost more than 4lbs in 1 week and most weeks I lose 2 or 3 and I'm excited. This week was only 1lb for me and I'm still feeling good about myself today.

I hope you will do better on your water this week and see a BIGGER loss by next Sunday. Just think though......that is one more lb you aren't carrying around........and sometimes just the flux in water retention will be a bummer on the scales. But give yourself permission to have GREAT weeks and AVERAGE weeks so you can stay motivated through it all.

I'll be excited to see your changes coming up. Have a great week!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bk » May 8th, 2005, 7:27 am

3 lbs is awesome. You can't really expect your first week's results to be repeated week after week. YES, you should drink your water, but 3 lbs for the week is excellent progress. Your body can only take off the fat *so* fast!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ljm498 » May 8th, 2005, 8:40 am

Yup, the fat only goes so fast, and I'd say that it's leaving you pretty quickly. 3 lbs is a great loss! Our bodies are going to do different things from week to week so some weeks will be less than what we would like. But again, 3 is great!

Keep up the great work and yes, get that water in!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby krandle » May 8th, 2005, 8:49 am

I have calmed down some this morning and when i think about it that does make a total of 22 pounds in three weeks. But i still hope it is at least 4 pounds this week. That will put me in the 90 pound club. I am still disappointed. But i know what a got to do this week.
good luck everyone :?
krandle

Postby fatBgone » May 8th, 2005, 9:18 am

Hi Krandle,
Don't feel too bad....3 pounds in a week is totally within range of the expected weight loss on Medifast. I have been steadily losing just about every week - except for this past one. I am actually .5 lb higher than last Sunday - so I'm totally bummed!! :cry:

Thanks Christi for pointing out that we'll have some great weeks and some average weeks! (and some not so good weeks...) I do have to take some responsibility for my disappointment though....this is the first week that I actually went "off plan". I did it twice - once on Wednesday when I went out for lunch...my friend & I went to my FAVORITE restaurant which I have been avoiding like the plague for fear of cheating! I actually didn't do TOO bad because I ordered a shredded beef soft taco and only ate the beef & not the tortilla, but I did indulge in some chips/salsa. That same evening I got right back on plan and was pleased that the next morning I didn't show a gain. Then the 2nd time this week I went off plan was last night....YUCK....I hate to even admit what I did....I went to the movies with my mom for an early mother's day thing & I ordered....yes...you're right....POPCORN.....I ate about 1/2 the bag and was so mad for compromising myself. I actually told myself that 25 pounds was a good point to have a "cheat" and if I didn't lose this week then it would be ok. So, now I have to deal with the consequences...but this morning I've had my shake and have full intentions of completing this week PERFECTLY so that next Sunday, I'll have a loss again.

Krandle, I was wondering how did you lose the first chunk of weight if you just started on Medifast 3 weeks ago?? I noticed you're nearing the 90 # club, so I just wondered how you dropped the othe 60-70 pounds....you're doing great!!! How much more do you want to lose? Maybe you're getting to the end & I've heard/read everywhere that those "last" pounds are the most stubborn :devious: ones to get rid of...
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby krandle » May 8th, 2005, 10:47 am

Oh i lost 65 pounds or so just eating right and exercising and incorporating shakes and meal replacements in my diet whenever. But not everyday. If i wanted some pancakes i had a bite of my daughters. But for the most part i stayed away from sugar and fried foods. WHen i started medifast three weeks ago. I did not stop exercising. I would exercise twice a week three hours each session. And now i will do more seeing how i am in week four. I like doing this. Because i can have baked chicken breast. My favorite meat in the whole world. But i DO NOT LIKE TO DRINK WATER @ ALL. This will be the hardest thing for me during this journey.
krandle

Postby Tk » May 8th, 2005, 11:16 am

I will take 3 lbs anyday!! Congrats!! I finished my 1st week on mf and lost 1/2 lb. So bummed.....
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby krandle » May 8th, 2005, 2:51 pm

thank you. You guys have a great week. :D
krandle

Postby fatBgone » May 8th, 2005, 5:17 pm

Hi Krandle...
I was not a water drinker either (at all) before I started Medifast. I drank diet coke all day and that was my only liquid. Now, I can't even hardly stand how diet coke tastes (it's sooo sugary & syrupy) and I drink water all day. I'll tell you my secret...ssshhh :secret: but feel free to share it with any & all!! I started drinking these flavored waters (not the carbonated kind..yuk) and I actually dilute them 1/2 spring water & 1/2 flavored water. They are made by Nestle and the flavors are rasberry, strawberry, lemon splash & citrus. All of them are good. There are some other brands available too (Fruit2O & Aquafina that I know of...probably more too though), but I have found the Nestle brand to be the best and it also has the least amount of sodium (only 10mg). So, try them and maybe your goal of drinking more water will be easier for you!! It has helped me tremendously!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby krandle » May 9th, 2005, 10:43 am

thank you. I will try that today. As a matter of fact i will try that right now. I am desperate. Thanks for the advice
krandle

Postby Tk » May 9th, 2005, 11:37 am

I've been drinking the Sam's Club carbonated water. Can that slow down your weight loss?
Tk

Postby Unca_Tim » May 9th, 2005, 11:44 am

Can you post the ingredients here TK?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tk » May 9th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Yes, Unka I will. I did'nt bring one with me to work today, but when I get home I will post the ingrediants.

Thanks for your help.
Tk

Postby Tk » May 9th, 2005, 7:33 pm

Unca Tim;

The carbonated flavored water is called Sams Choice Clear American. There are diffrent flavors. Its caffine free, calorie free and sodium free.

ingrediants:
Cabronated water
Citric Acid
Natural Flavors
Aspertame
Potassium Benzoate
Potassium citrate

phenylketonurics:
contains Phenylalanine
Tk

Next