One Choice at a Time

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

One Choice at a Time

Postby tnanock » June 1st, 2005, 6:23 am

Hey everybody....I introduced myself a few weeks ago but have been busy with the end of the school year (I am a schoolteacher) and haven't been able to come online much nor stay focused on my program. I am back and ready to start on the road to weight loss again using Medifast.

I do get frustrated with myself for not sticking to the program consistently. But I have a new resolve today and am determined to get this weight off. I lost over 20 lbs at the beginning of the year (not using Medifast) and it occurred to me this morning that I had lost sight of my daily motto: "One Choice at a Time". For me, it's not one week at a time or even one day at a time, it is choice by choice. Before I make any decisions regarding food, I must decide if this choice will get me the results I want.

I have the power to choose. If I make the "not-so-good" choice then I must accept the outcome. I have made plenty of those types of choices the last few weeks and even though I have maintained my weight, I am not losing which is the outcome I want. So beginning right this moment, I am resolving to evaluate each of the choices I make today BEFORE I make them to see whether or not they will help me achieve my goals.

I really think that by breaking it down to each choice instead of focusing so much on the long term will help me. I am going to get a picture of me at my goal weight and post it all over the house so I can remember what I am working for. Then before each choice I make, I can look at that picture and decide which road to take.

Thanks so much for listening...hopefully I can be a more active participant on this forum now that school is out.
Kim

"Jesus loves you and God has a plan for your life."

tnanock
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby KLCHRISTIAN » June 1st, 2005, 8:14 am

Kim,

Thanks for sharing your motto. I agree that each choice we make leads to a consequence.

Stay on the boards for great motivation and you will have more willpower to make better choices. Hope to see you on the boards.

Pam
KLCHRISTIAN
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby noexcuse » June 1st, 2005, 8:32 am

Hi Kim,

You must be relieved that school is almost out :D , my mom is a teacher she just retired earlier in the year and I always remember her on the last day of school she was happier then the rest of the students to start the summer break…..congrats and enjoy .
As for me I recently got sidetracked with Medifast and got back on track last week… I really like what you said about one choice at a time, for me I know this thought helped getting back and with each good choice my confidence has grown and Im back on track to thinville :drive: Glad that your doing the same and I look fw to chatting with you :)
Eccl 3:1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. (Now is the time to acheive your goal)

Ali
noexcuse
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.