Have No Choice But To Stop Medifast

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Have No Choice But To Stop Medifast

Postby bomoni727 » June 20th, 2005, 12:14 pm

Hello to all of you faithful medifast losers. I'm sorry to say that due to the expense of the product I will need to stop medifast. I was doing okay while it lasted. I still have at least 50 pounds to lose. Guess I'll have to find something else. I would like to wish you all the best of life and blessings in your quest to be thin. Thanks for your support. I really enjoyed reading the posts. This is a great website and even though I won't be doing medifast, I will still read the posts here and rejoice with you.
~I will have a chance because I will give myself a chance.~

bomoni727

Postby Mommy2girls » June 20th, 2005, 3:13 pm

Bomoni... I am sorry you are having to quit. I agree this is expen$ive, and for our family right now it is especially expensive because on June 6th, my husband decided to join me in this quest to LOSE weight, so now it is 2 of us on the plan. I just placed a one month order for BOTH of us and it was around $550. ONE MONTH!!!

But I'm going to say this and be done with it. I would rather pay $10 a day for this program than pay later in big ways. IF I were to keep gaining weight instead of losing it someday I might end up paying that much in a month in co-pays and medication to control blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, you-name-it. Right now I'm thankful that I have NONE of those problems and I figure MF is helping me STAY that way.

Only you know what your financial situation is, but if it were me personally, I would continue until you get to goal. Being compliant on the program is one way to be done sooner, and doing the all liquid (dr. supervised) program is another way to lose it quickly.

I guess all I'm saying is I simply cannot compare the cost of the program to my health, because my health has NO PRICE, and nothing is more valuable to me than my health.

Good luck on your quest, and please check back when you can and give us an update.
Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 20th, 2005, 4:37 pm

Sheila..........what an awesome response.............. :star: :star: :star: .....quite an eye opener............ :glasses:
donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

$$problems

Postby Jan » June 20th, 2005, 10:41 pm

Sheila,
I agree that was a wonderful response. We have to count the cost as far as the long term goes. Weight is a major cause of all kind of health problems which are very expensive to deal with -- and we will deal with them soon or later!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby LuzInIt » June 21st, 2005, 3:35 am

Sheila, you are right on the money. I'm one who has been there with health and financial issues. I have it all: congestive heart failure (controlled), diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hypothyroid, chronic inflamatory disease... I have had two eye surgeries related to diabetes. And last year, an infected cyst put me in the hospital in critical condition (nearly overnight). My family is self-employed, meaning healthcare costs are out of pocket. At one point, I was paying $1000 a month for basic coverage (with a $2000 deductible, meaning nearly all hospital and medical expenses were paid by me) and with no drug coverage. My various perscriptions were running over $800 a month. I am also "rated" because of obesity for my life insurance (which we have to carry in sufficient amount to cover our business debts, so it is a big expensive policy), and I'm "rated" on health insurance - putting us in a cost category you don't want to be in if you're paying for your own. Thank goodness, I was eventually able to get a full coverage policy at $1200 a month with drug benefit (co-pays @ $15-40/mo). And my drug use is constantly being lowered or discontinued since beginning Medifast. My slippery slope into poor health began when I was 40 and continued until this year (at 55). Medifast has given me such resolve! The slip stops now!
I know when money isn't available, it just isn't there. I probably wouldn't have thought it possible to pay for the program 15 years ago when I was raising my children and we were living on one income, but I also couldn't have foreseen what my obesity would cost my family. I hope this is a stern warning (and also an encouragement) for any of you out there struggling with thoughts of giving up before you reach goal and good health. DON'T!
And Bomoni, Medifast has given you a great jump on your weight loss. If you absolutely can't stay on plan right now, find a way to continue to eat to maintain what you've done and continue to lose. Then come back when you are able (afterall, this IS the easiest way ever to lose weight!) Sorry to be so longwinded, but Sheila inspired me to speak the truth about what the future might have held for all you youngsters if you hadn't, like me, stumbled into the land of "Shakedom".
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to The Weight Room