Old habits die hard.

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Old habits die hard.

Postby Seemelose » June 28th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Hi All,
I was just outside walking around the yard. I have a small orchard about 12 trees. Many of them are bearing fruit for the first time this year. One of the cherry trees is just loaded with fruit and a nice ripe red cherry was just within reach I almost picked it and put it in my mouth before I even knew what I was doing. I did catch myself. But what a bummer that I will have all this fruit for the first time and can't eat it. I guess I will have some happy neighbors and friends. But on the upside if I had to weigh being thin against having some fruit well guess which one wins out? By fall when the apples and the pears are ripe I should be well on my way to goal. I don't think it will even phase me to give it all away. Along with boxes of clothes that I hope to never wear again.
Sharon
Seemelose
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby JKSRN » June 28th, 2006, 2:37 pm

So sorry about that tempting fruit starting at you. But, you sure sound like you have the right mindset and are on the right track! That is great!

Funny you should mention giving away clothes. I just returned home from bringing two huge bags of clothing to St. Martha's Church, to give to the migrant workers in the parish. I just wanted to be sure that the clothes would not be sold, but rather given freely to those in need. It sure made my day! ;)
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Forgot to log in » June 28th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Hi Joan,
Congrats I see that you are in the 30# club. I have only been doing this for three weeks but last Sunday I was down 18. I hope to make the 20# club this week. That was a really nice thing to do to give your clothes to the needy. I think I will follow your lead on that. I will be out of town until Sunday.
More Later,
Sharon
Forgot to log in

Return to The Weight Room