Bad habits and fighting your body......

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Bad habits and fighting your body......

Postby Finally_Losing » July 15th, 2006, 3:40 am

Let me start by saying I haven't cheated, even weighing my l&g religiously. My bad habit is weighing myself, daily and sometimes more than once a day. I know, I know, that's bad but it's like a compulsion I can't seem to stop. I put the scale in the top of the closet but it calls to me......Anyone else have that problem?

My other issue is fighting with my body. I like this program more than any other I've ever been on. There's no hours of preparation every week and asking hubby to slave over a grill to cook my food for the week. It's portable, I've yet to have a problem taking it anywhere or drinking/eating on the run. But with every program I've ever been on, when I get close to 300 lbs the struggle begins. Me wanting to lose weight and my body trying to keep every last bit it can. Yesterday, I weighed 298.1 (YEAH ME) today 302! WTH???? How did I gain 4 lbs and no cheating. The only explanation I can come up with is I put some seasoning in my broth last night that had parmesean cheese in it and lots of sodium...So you can guess I won't be doing that again. It's ok, I"m not upset, it's kindof funny in a way. We make mistakes, we learn and we move on......I'm determined to beat the 300 mark (again) and will be successful. The people on this board are awesome. When I have cravings I come here. When I'm discouraged (which isn't often) I come here. Thank you all.

On another note, this weekend is my birthday and I've given strict instructions NO BIRTHDAY CAKE FOR ME!!!! lol

Thanks for reading....

Amy
Finally_Losing
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Aerie » July 15th, 2006, 6:53 am

I weigh daily also and sometimes I'll see this 2-3 pound jump upwards even if I haven't cheated. So yesterday I filled up my water bottle and weighed it: 2.25 pounds! Now I'm not so worried...I know it's just water and fat loss is still going on. Hope this helps you a little with your battle with the scale.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JKSRN » July 15th, 2006, 7:29 am

:D :D :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMY, this weekend!!! :D :D :D

And, remember, we are all here for you to help you. Call on us all to help you when you need it!
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 15th, 2006, 7:37 am

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elke » July 15th, 2006, 8:48 am

I also weigh everyday, I don't find it a problem cause I refuse to let what the scale says decide how I will feel for the day. The onlt weigh in that really "counts" is my wednesday weigh in.
Seems like your doing real good! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Finally_Losing » July 15th, 2006, 9:40 am

Thank you guys.....I've had a great weekend so far. :)

Elke, I do that too, I only count Monday morning but weigh everyday the rest of the week...I can't help it. It doesn't really determine my mood but seeing the scale go down does lift me up a bit :) I'm not upset about this morning, actually, I know I haven't cheated so I'm just laughing it off. If I had cheated, that would be a different story.

Amy
Finally_Losing
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » July 15th, 2006, 7:04 pm

I do the exact same thing. I finally told my husband to take it away and just bring it to me on Wednesday. Problem is he needs to hide it in a better place then the (jeep) we do not use that car that much but when i am just going to the store my son likes to ride in it. :lol:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Weight Loss