Bad Habits Come to Light (Film at 11)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Bad Habits Come to Light (Film at 11)

Postby Dayna » January 19th, 2006, 10:52 am

I knew I had a grazing-out-of-boredom problem, but now I know how really bad it was. I got up this morning, weighed myself, walked into the kitchen thinking how pleased I was with the scale, and the program, and life in general, and wondering which shake I was going to have for breakfast, and suddenly I realize I'm standing there staring blankly into the fridge. :shock: There wasn't even anything in there I wanted! I wasn't even aware of the opening of the door! It must be such a subconcious thing - I'm in the kitchen, hmm, how about a little something to eat? Like Winnie the Pooh. Only worse. :dohdoh: After the initial "Oh crud, WHAT AM I DOING??!!!" I actually got a good chuckle out of it. And finally, I'm on a program that is helping me become aware of those dangerous behaviors, and is training me out of them. Hurrah for Medifast!

Oh, and by the by, I must say that I have been very pleasantly surprised with the taste of the food! I've tried the different shakes during my at-home meals, because that way if they were terrible, it would be easy to make something else (no one would ever call me and adventurous taster). But so far, so good! The only thing I'm a little nervous about is the chili, because I've never been a big bean person. But I'm going to try it, and see what happens. My husband may end up getting those for snacks at work. :lol:

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 19th, 2006, 11:04 am

Dayna...if you end up not liking the chili...you'd probably have luck getting someone here on the forum to trade with you. Give it a try, if you don't like it, post on "Swap & Shop" at the bottom of the main forum. Maybe you could trade it for something you like better, but someone else doesn't care for :)

I totally relate to the boredom eating and the mindless eating...I found out that I wasn't only making POOR food choices....I WASN'T THINKING about what I was eating at all!!! You're right...this program really helps one learn new and healthy behaviors!!!

Keep up the good work!!!! :D
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dayna » January 19th, 2006, 11:56 am

Thanks for all the tips! My problem isn't this particular chili, it's chili in general. Actually, my problem isn't even chili, because if it's beanless chili (which some people, my husband for instance, think is almost sacreligious), I like it just fine. It's the whole issue of beans. I can force them down with more success now than I could as a kid, but beans have always seemed like concentrated evil. Something about the beany texture. Blech. But I will try it, and see if the beans go down, and if they don't, you'll see me in the ol' swap and shop before long!

- Dayna

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby falisamarie » January 19th, 2006, 12:13 pm

Dayna-

Just a little hint on the chili :-P my health advisor advised me to premix it and let it soak in water for a few hours before heating to allow the beans to get soft otherwise I hear you can break a tooth on them :x I also put a beef bullion cube in it with some garlic and onion powder and 2 tbsps of salsa and I loved :heart: it.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby stelar » January 19th, 2006, 1:32 pm

:lol: Holy Cow! This was too funny. I'm sitting here eating the chili thinking "wow, this isn't very good" and then I come across this message. I will definately check out the Lean Cuisine to doctor up the chili.

Thx!
Stela
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Dayna » January 19th, 2006, 2:03 pm

I'm still not sure that all the doctoring in the world can change the fact that the chili is filled with BEANS. :lol: And I can't just pick them out, like I normally do when faced with beany chili, because that would affect the calorie count, the carb/protien balance, all of that good stuff. But when I do try it, I will be sure to soak it first. Thanks for that tip . . . I'm always happy to avoid a trip to the dentist! ;)

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby cydj21 » January 19th, 2006, 2:08 pm

It's the whole issue of beans. I can force them down with more success now than I could as a kid, but beans have always seemed like concentrated evil. Something about the beany texture. Blech.

:roflmao: Dayna, may I just say....I needed a good laugh thank you. :bouncie:

I personally, also hate beans. I could not have said it better myself. In fact, the whole reason I designed my own menu instead of buying the starter pack was the avoid the chili and the banana pudding (I actually love bananas. I just hate banana flavored things. Artifical banana flavor = evil). Yuck! :puke: ....concentrated evil. Perfect. lol :angel:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to Come on in.