officially joined

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

officially joined

Postby fatfree » July 13th, 2005, 5:57 pm

Well Hi everybody! I have been secretly reading your posts for about a month now, and have been doing medifast for 23 days now and I finally registered on this fabulous forum! I am really excited about this way of life...absolutely nothing I have ever tried has been this easy or worked so well for me. I will tell you a little bit about my self. My name is Shelley,
I am 38 years old , I was always very thin until I had my daughter 18 years ago and lets just say that was the beginning of the end of the skinny me! I gained about 85 pounds when pregnant with her!!! Yikes!
well anyways I started Medifast June 20 2005 , weighing 260lbs , I have lost 23 pounds so far...Yippeee!....and my goal is to lose down to maybe 135 or so. I dont want to talk your heads off so I will keep this short, I just wanted to so what so many of you have already said and that is this Forum has been a fantastic blessing for me, whenever I feel down and want to eat to feel good I just come here and read the posts and feel uplifted and supported and energized to continue this journey to get my life back! Thank you so much! I hope to talk with you all a lot in the future. By the way I would like to be added into the 20 pound weight loss club, how do I do that? :?:
fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Sablebaby » July 13th, 2005, 7:08 pm

Welcome! :bouncieball: Shelley!

So glad you signed up and posting! More the merrier! :hug: :toast: You have done so well in 23 days! :bravo: :yourock:
What is your secret? Are you doing the 5/1 or full fast? Way to go!
:goteam:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby mytime » July 13th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Shelley - Welcome ! You have done so very well :D We have close to the same weight to lose, so I am really glad you decided to post. Look forward to hearing more from you and watching your continued success.

Sablebaby - I know you are close to your next weigh in and wanted you to know I am thinking of you and really looking forward to your post ! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sablebaby » July 13th, 2005, 8:01 pm

Thanks, Mytime! :D

I can't wait to weigh myself, except that I don't want to become scale obsessed! I think after my one month weigh in I will start weighing every two weeks. I'm trying not to have any expectations and will except whatever the scale says. :shock: 5 more days.............. :roll:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 13th, 2005, 8:02 pm

SHELLY--

WELCOME!!!!!!! High-five :hi5: on the 23# off in 23 days.. that is so awesome :kool: you started on my anniversary.. what a great day it is for both of us now :mrgreen: CONGRATULATIONS on the 20#club.. we have about the same goal and start weights. can't wait to see less of you each week :D --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Emma » July 14th, 2005, 5:01 am

Welcome Shelly!!

Great job on the 23lbs. :yay: Isn't MF the most amazing program? I sure wish I'd discovered it a long time ago. And the community on this forum is so fantastic, you can't help wanting to post and read. Keep up the good work!

emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 14th, 2005, 5:13 am

Welcome out of lurkdom and into the family! Glad you decided to join us. 23 lbs gone is FANTASTIC!!! Keep on shakin and you will get where ever you need to be!!!

Look forward to hearing more from you.
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Alisha » July 14th, 2005, 9:08 am

Hi Fatfree and welcome to the forum! I started at exactly 260 too so I'm in the same bracket as you are as well! How amazing - 23# in 23 days. Wow.. I hope I'll do that well. :) I'm sticking to the diet like glue so I'll have to accept my fate, whatever that may be. You take care and I'm glad you decided to joint us!!

The best of luck and success to everyone!

Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 14th, 2005, 9:55 am

23lbs! HOORAY~!!! Nice to have you here. I am only in my second week (2 week weigh day tomorrow- yikes) But you are doing great!!! Keep it up!
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Guest » July 14th, 2005, 11:30 am

Thank You all so much for the warm welcome, It has made me feel great!!
I am doing mostly the full fast but sometimes on the weekend I will do a lean and green meal. I am amazed at the success that I have seen people on this forum acheive and know that we can all get the same results if we just keep at it! I have so much hope that this will help me get back my life, I have just missed out on so many things because of my size and my embarrasement of my size. I live in a very warm state but I always wear baggy long sleeve shirts and pants, wont it be great to wear summer clothes for once and not scare away everyone in a 10 mile radius?! I look forward to going swimming with my daughter and doing physical activities with her, something I cant do because my legs hurt too much with my weight. Anyways I am sure looking forward to being thin, and healthy most importantly. I am starting to see the bad health effects of this weight and I think that is what really made me stop and think is eating whatever I want whenever I want it worth killing myself over? That answer is definetely NO! Thank You all agian so much for listening and caring... your the best!! Good luck to everone :lol:

Postby fatfree » July 14th, 2005, 11:33 am

sorry guys the last message was from me... I havent got the hang of this yet!!
fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby LeeannNH » July 14th, 2005, 2:29 pm

hey fatfree!

congrats on the weight loss---23# is AMAZING! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

im glad to see you joined--i love this site
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.