I'm officially introducing myself & bearing my soul

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm officially introducing myself & bearing my soul

Postby dlr2424 » February 25th, 2005, 8:17 pm

Hi,
My name is Donna. I am 45 yrs. young...5'3 1/2(that extra 1/2 inch is important..lol) my starting date was Feb. 9th at a shameful and all time high of 177 lbs. There it's out!!! First time ever coming clean with the info. ( I feel like I'm at O.A. overweight anonymous..lol...by the way, I did try one of those meetings once). For me, weight has been a hugh issue my whole life. For some sad reason I grew up thinking people would like you if you were thin. The times I have been 120-125 a size 7 I still felt big. But then there were many times that I was pretty far away from 120..lol. The past 10 years I pretty much stayed between 140 -160. My closet is full of sizes 8 thru 14. Some months I wear one size other months I wear a different size. One big yoyo. I obsess greatly over the scale. It causes me hugh anxiety and is such an ordeal. When I go to the Doctor's I tell the receptionist that the Dr. gave me permission NOT to go on the scale as it causes me depression. Now I've graduated to going on the scale backwards and ask them not to tell me. They just laugh. The energy I have wasted. It's only a number but oh how I have allowed that number to control my mind... shame on me.....lol.... (thank god for the book "sucess in a jar"). I am married...23 years..I met my husband at 16 he was 19...I was his first girlfriend and he my first "real" boyfriend. Dated 6 years...married...and 6 years later... surprise..I was pregnant...How did that happen? ...then 2 yrs. later another surprise...Wow..we never got a chance to try...anyway we were truly blessed with two girls...Katelyn turning 17 next month and Kelley 14 1/2. They are gifts...although sometimes I'd like to take the 17 yr old...wrap her up...tie a bow around her mouth and put her on the shelf for a little while..lol Anothing sensitive & secretive topic ...I have spent many years of my life during various times from 16yrs to 40 yrs old using diet pills whether over the counter or prescription. I thought that magic pill along with my strict diet and much exercise would be the key. Always seeking to be thin as thin would be the only key to happiness. After excellant counseling I think much differently now and am so grateful in finding Medifast. (don't get me wrong being at goal will bring me much happiness..lol..but it's not the only key) I pray for God's strength in this journey and I know I have this forum for support. Sorry to be soooo long but there it is. When I gain a little more courage I will add a picture to my name. Although I don't have many. I avoid them because I don't want to see for real what I look like.lol hahaha..but that's the reason. (if I had or when I have a cute figure I'm sure I'll always be posing...how vain) Thanks for listening....Many Blessings to all of you.......Donna

177/168/120
Doing the full fast and loving it!
48 more lbs. to thinville

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 25th, 2005, 9:27 pm

Hi there dlr..and welcome! I don't think I noticed in your post how long you've been shakin', but you've lost 9 pounds, so you're off to a great start.
I wasn't overweight all of my life, but added weight with each succesive pregnancy (x4), and really packed it on in the last 9 years or so. Divorce, job changes, etc.
You've found a great place for support and advice. Be sure to pop into the forum daily to hear successes and encouragement, as well as setbacks that do happen to all of is (it will make you feel more human if you have a setback or slow down).
This is just a great place overall to help keep you on track, and to meet wonderful new people who are taking this journey with you.

God bless......and happy shakin'
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » February 26th, 2005, 7:31 am

Ok Donna, this is weird because I am Donna too and other than a couple minor changes (I am 36 with 2 children a girl (12) and boy (9)) your story is the EXACT same life as mine! I met my husband in high school. We were first loves and dated 5-6 yrs before getting married after college. 2 years later first child. 3 yrs later second child. I am 5'4" and had a high weight of 190 something after encephlio-menengitis tried to kill me a couple years back. But otherwise I too have hovered in the 160-170 range. After getting married and starving in college I gained wieght to 163. I lost it all on Optifast and kept it off until my first baby 2 yrs later. Since then I have struggled, done diet pills, herbalife, weight watchers, everything. I have never felt FAT (except in the 190's) but will never have my picture taken either as that is when I see how fat I am. I am pretty active and have great muscle tone so I think that's why I never see myself as fat. But I am, and need to face my eating realities. We've recently had a lot of friends in the 30's and 40's dying of cancers and I am scared. I don't want to be them. I want to do whatever I possibly can to prevent that for my children and husband. So, there it is, I have an eating problem and weight problem.

Anyway, this is longer than I intended, but I thought it was so weird that I read so much of my life in yours! I have not weighed myself since last Mon. but at that time I was down 10 lbs. I too have issues w/ scales, which I am working on too. I promised I wouldn't weigh but once a week. This morning I had a terrible urge but resisted. I am learning lots of things on MF. That is only one!

Welcome and thanks for being so honest. Let's show the group how powerful Donna's can be!!! :-P

Your shakin' buddy - Donna :exercise:
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » February 26th, 2005, 9:03 am

Vicki----Thanks for the welcome and my start date was Feb 9th. So 2 weeks ..9lbs down

Donna...I'm sitting here at first laughing out loud at your reply and then secondly...crying..not sure why...I guess the reality that so many share such sensitive often painful weight issues that can consume our life. Before I found Medifast I use to say my tombstone will read "Finally No More Diets" lol...it is a gift from God to meet wonderful people along our journey. It saddens me to think you had to suffer from menegitis however I'm sure you now look at life differently. My once very healthy husband had a virus, cold, whatever 14 yrs. ago at age 32 that settled in his body & heart leading him to some very challenging side effects as well as a Heart Transplant 6 yrs. ago and now on globs of yucky meds. The funny thing is he never did a drug in his life and now in order to live he can't go a day without taking them. Now can I ask about JAMAICA BOUND as it's one of my favorite islands. We've stayed at 3 of the Sandals Resorts there. Oh and I'm trying real hard to make just Wed and Sunday my weigh days..lol............Much love....Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby Karen » February 26th, 2005, 9:15 am

Hey Donna and welcome. This is a great place to be. My story is also similar in that for years and years NO one, and I mean NO one (not even me, most of the time) knew how much I weighed. Like that would some how make it go away or not be real. By reading on here daily, I have gathered the courage to state my weight and own up to it. It is a bit easier as I see that number coming DOWN! Within a few months, I was even brave enough to post a pic (it's on here somewhere). I am nowhere near the weight I want to be, but I am a WHOLE lot closer than I was three months ago. This is a great and delicious way to lose weight and a great place to meet and make friends. I know that the people on here really care, it is a wonderful feeling. Happy shakin...
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby dlr2424 » February 26th, 2005, 10:45 am

Karen....THAT IS SO AWESOME...51 lbs gone FOREVER!!!!! :lol: I'll be cheering you on your way to slenderville.

Donna

dlr2424

Postby doglover » February 26th, 2005, 3:37 pm

Donna (and anyone else who cares!): My husband and I are on our way to Couples Negril Jamaica on May 20. This will be our first visit to the Island but we've been to the Carribean several times and love it there. We travel several times a year. May=Jamaica; Aug=Outerbanks; November=Mexico! So I decided to get this weight off for good before we go! That, and my new shakin' buddies on this forum, keeps me motivated every day!

Have a great day. "Talk" to you tomorrow on the weigh in day!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby dlr2424 » February 26th, 2005, 5:25 pm

Donna...COUPLES NEGRIL.....AWESOME. We too love to travel and are scheduled to be in the carribean week of May 13th via a cruise. However I'm really not into it yet .. For some reason would rather pass this time around (maybe not feeling strong enough to be around all that food as my eyes are bigger than my ...well actually no they are not it's just a saying)...talk to you tomorrow...rooting for a great weight loss for us all. God knows I have been 110% compliant..lol
Donna

dlr2424

Postby doglover » February 27th, 2005, 6:45 am

Donna, is the cruise May 13 or March 13? If it's May you have a lot of time to work on weight loss before you have to think about the food tempations! My biggest concern w/ Jamaica is the alcohol tempations! I just love those carribean sweet drinks - dirty bananas, bushwackers.... ;)
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby dlr2424 » February 27th, 2005, 10:04 am

Donna......it is May 13...however when I'm in Jamaica...at Sandals...they have the BEST DRINKS...Rob was never a big drinker and since his illness 14 yrs ago does not consume any alchol..and for me...If I have 1 wine a year it's something...HOWEVER I LOVE THE FRUITTY TROPICAL DRINKS THAT TASTE LIKE DESSERT...but always resisted due to the guilt of high calories...I do engage in the non-alcholic ones when I'm on vacation...But on an ALL-INCLUSIVE when they are free...Don't know if I could control myself. Those frozen ones...such a temptation
Have a great day.......Donna

dlr2424

Return to Come on in.