Nuther Newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hunger?

Postby smilin » May 10th, 2005, 8:20 pm

Hi,

I recently saw a MF commercial, and got excited to give it a try. I'm concerned I'll be too hungry and cave in. If it's just cravings for "real" food, I can probably survive...but hunger , probably not.

Is this for me?
smilin

Postby fatBgone » May 10th, 2005, 8:38 pm

Smilin,
One of the cool things about Medifast is that you're ALWAYS eating...or at least it seems like it!! I actually have a hard time squeezing all 5 supplements in every day plus you can have 1 meal that is a protein and veggie - so basically, you're eating 6 times a day. I never feel hungry and the Medifast food actually tastes good. I had expected it to be kinda yucky but was willing to do it to lose the weight and was pleasantly surprised at how yummy most of it is. You're supposed to eat every 3 hours, which is alot more often than I used to eat - and once you've been doing it for a few days, your cravings will magically disappear! I say, if you're thinking about - then GO FOR IT!! You'll be glad you did!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » May 10th, 2005, 9:02 pm

Because we do eat frequently and the Medifast meals are properly balanced, hunger goes away after the first couple of days.

It is really important to eat on time - when a person goes too long between meals, hunger can return.

If you ever get hungry, have another shake. The soy protein is a natural appetite suppressant - it chases away the hungries, it satisfies, fills you up and it DOES taste good.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby doglover » May 11th, 2005, 4:58 am

I have to chime in that hunger is NOT a problem! IN fact, as time goes on you have to force yourself and remember to eat!

Yesterday I was really hungry at about 11:30 am. Just stomach growling hungry! I could not figure out why as I am not PMS-ing, I was not due for lunch yet, and I have not been hungry in a long time. So when I got home at about 12:15 I found out why - I had left my morning shake on the table! Forgot to drink it! I drank it immediately, but you can forget to eat on this plan if you're not careful!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 11th, 2005, 5:18 am

Ok Donna,
You've definitely got Jamaica on your mind - if you're leaving your shake on the table!! That's too funny!!! :kool: Are you practicing Jamaican behavior before you get there??? :wink: I hope you were wearing dark sunglasses to hide your eyes....hehe!! :hide:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bk » May 11th, 2005, 5:41 am

4 months, no hunger!! you should give it a try. psychologically, you will definitely have some food cravings at first. but they go away too!

i ALWAYS forget my a.m. shakes. but i also carry a packet tucked into my briefcase, a bar in my purse, one in the car, and RTDs at work!

give it a try!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » May 11th, 2005, 6:14 am

Donna ~

I sometimes forget to eat, too...now I take Dutch Chocolate Medifast Plus Memory shakes every three hours. I set the tmer on my PDA to remind me when to slurp!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.