Nova

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Nova » June 28th, 2006, 8:19 am

It's been exactly three months since I started Medifast today, and I've lost 44 pounds. I so, so wanted to be below 200 pounds this morning, but nope. I was right at 200.0 again. I don't mind plateaus, but I really wish I could have plateaued at 199.5. :)

Last night I had another eatmare. I didn't remember it until later this morning, and I don't remember what it was, but I do remember thinking, oh well, I'll just have another (whatever) and I'll start back on Medifast at lunch. Ugh. I don't like that thought. I've been 100% compliant since I started. I may have had a carrot piece that snuck into my mixed veggies, or a half-oz too much of salmon, but I haven't had any junk food, no starches, no sugars, no off-plan foods.

Then I overslept this morning, and I barely made it in for my 9:00 meeting. My program is being audited this afternoon, and I was upset that I didn't have that extra hour or two to prepare this morning, but then the auditor leaves me a message that he can't come at 1 today because he's auditing Kirk. well excuse me, but you made the appointment with me first. Now I have to rearrange my schedule for the rest of the week and worry about this stupid thing for longer. Because I know I'm going to have findings from this audit. :x

Finally, I'm digging into an issue at work, and the more I dig, the more rotten it looks. It's either massive incompetence or fraud, and I really don't want to have to start into that. The contractor is begging me to let him work it out on his end first, but I don't know how long I should give him to fix it before I bring it up to senior management, or worse.

On the plus side, my husband has a second interview today. He's all nervous about it, and it would be a terrible commute for him, but he so wants to work again. He's been out of work since we moved down here and he hates feeling like he's mooching off me. I'm kinda selfish because I like the fact that he does all the housework and errands while I'm at work, but it would make him so much happier to have a job. Bleah. :|
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nova » June 30th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Been pretty busy the last couple days. Found out that I'm on not one, but two source selection boards in the next 6 months. My boss just told me to clear my calender for the next 2-3 months, and that comp time was not a problem. So I'm trying to finish up all my projects in the next week. Fortunately, most of them are short or nearly done.

Lifted tonight. Heavy bench. Did doubles at 125. I felt much more rested this week. Maybe because I didn't lift two days in a row (M,T) or maybe because I got more sleep this week than last week. Averaged 7 hours a night this week.

I'm troubleshooting my ipod shuffle so I have it when I'm in the source board building, but I can't get it to work. It'll load files fine on the computer, but it won't play them through the headphones. I think I'll take it to the Apple store tomorrow and see if they can help. Maybe I'll splurge some of my bonus and buy a new video ipod. :D

Still haven't broken 200. *sigh*
244/171

Nova

Postby Nova » July 1st, 2006, 11:11 am

Just got back from the Apple store at the Galleria. They fixed my shuffle, and I bought a 60GB ipod anyway! :) Now I'm home, but I'm not plugging it in yet. There's a big thunderstorm rumbling through and we've already lost power twice. Don't want to hook up my brand new toy until the weather's cleared up a bit. Soon, soon.

I had another happy thought is that soon I can shop at all those fancy boutique stores in the Galleria. It's one of the fanciest shopping malls in the country, or so they claim. Now I don't have to limit my shopping there to Fossil or the game store or Aveda, although I still love Aveda. Still can't shop in Victoria's Secret though. bleah. Oh well, Frederick's of Hollywood carries better stuff anyway. :)
244/171

Nova

Postby Nova » July 2nd, 2006, 12:46 pm

Great day so far. This morning I weighed 199.5! I haven't weighed below 200 since sometime in undergrad. :woohoo:

Then we went to see Superman Returns. Awesome movie. I urge everyone to go see it. When they started playing the theme song I had this big grin on my face. I hadn't realized how strong and memorable that theme song was. I can't decide if I like Batman Begins or Superman Returns best. They're almost even.
244/171

Nova

Postby Nova » July 3rd, 2006, 10:58 am

Purged my closet again this morning. I'm down to 4 pairs of pants, 3 skirts, a half dozen tanks and another 6 summer blouses. Haven't purged my t-shirt collection yet. I don't care if they're all baggy. I mostly wear them to exercise in anyway. I think I officially have more clothes on the floor of my closet than I do hanging up now

Been raining all night and all morning. Wonder if it'll clear up for fireworks tomorrow. Still playing with my new ipod. Now I have old Dr. Who episodes to watch on it.
Nova

Postby Janae » July 3rd, 2006, 12:15 pm

Nova...

Thanks for journaling...I am just sticking in a little

Hooray for Onederland!!!!!

Congrats to you!!!
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nova » July 3rd, 2006, 9:34 pm

Thanks, Janae! I didn't feel like posting just for that, but it's nice to have someone notice. :D
Nova

Postby Nova » July 4th, 2006, 10:29 pm

We went to the Kemah Boardwalk to watch fireworks tonight. Not bad, although we got there late, so we didn't have the greatest view. Maybe next year we'll make it downtown to see the big fireworks.

As we were watching the fireworks, I realized I'm still homesick for Virginia, and the fireworks at Yorktown, Williamsburg and Fort Monroe. Even now, a year later, I don't really feel like I live in Texas. I feel like I'm just traveling here and sometime I can go back home.

On a happier note, I cleaned out my closet some more. I'm down to 4 pair of pants, 1 pair of jeans and 7 shirts that are suitable for work. I may be reduced to wearing t-shirts to work, but I don't think that would be really acceptable. Guess it's time to go shopping again.

Talked to my mom, and she said my high school class was having their reunion this Labor Day. I thought I'd missed it this spring. I didn't want to go because I didn't want to show up looking so overweight. But now...hmmm. I think I'll have lost another 20 pounds by the end of August. Maybe, just maybe, I'll feel comfortable enough to show up there. I know, it's shallow. But there's only 3 people in my high school class I care enough to see again, and I see them every so often anyway.

Still, it'd be awfully fun to show up looking all svelte and sexy, with my fancy engineering degree working at a prestigious organization. Guess it depends on if my job with the fancy engineering degree will give me the time off to go or not.
244/171

Nova

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 6th, 2006, 9:16 pm

OMG! I can't believe I missed the Onederland! Congrats!!!!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nova » July 6th, 2006, 10:22 pm

Thanks DeDe! :D I'm still hovering around the 200# mark. Yesterday it was 201.5 (grrr) and this morning it was 198.5. That scale is such a tease.

Man, I've been so busy lately. I'm trying to finish up all my projects at work so I'll be free to work on a couple of source boards. I have almost 4 weeks of vacation that I still have to take this year, and I don't know when or if I can take it. I'd like to go visit my in-laws later this summer. They have a house on Oak Island, NC right on the beach. Hubby can't stand visiting them for more than 3 days, but I think 3 days at the beach would be plenty. :) Then we could go spend a couple more days at Myrtle Beach or Wilmington or somewhere. I'm thinking of driving it, strangely enough. Air tickets are sorta pricy, and even with gas at $3/gal, it works out about the same. We'd have to rent a car there versus paying for a hotel room for 2 night, because it'd be a 2 day drive there from Texas. Guess it comes down to road tripping versus getting there quickly. I haven't done a road trip in many years, and I'm getting the urge to go.

Of course, I also want to go to my HS reunion. I think I do, anyway. And it'll be in September. I'm pretty sure my boss will nix me being gone 2 weeks then. I'll be lucky to get 1 week. Although I hear from past veterans of source boards that they tell you it'll be crazy for some time period, but then they postpone the schedule, so you have to plan on a different 2 months being unavailable, then they move it again, so you can lose a half a year waiting for them to get a move on. Senior management has promised there will be no schedule slip, but how many times have we heard that one?

Right now, we're supposed to have a break in December and January, but I found out last week that HQ has scheduled an audit for mid January. That blows because it takes a month to prepare for the audit, a week to actually do it, and 30 days to respond to the findings. We're supposed to start source board activities again at the end of January, so I could conceivably be without any possibility of taking time off from now until next April. That's a long time to go without vacation. At least for a shiftless civil servant like myself.

More ramblings. This Sunday we're going to see the Broadway production of The Lion King here in Houston! I can't wait. Then the weekend after that is Intergem, a huge gem and jewelry show, and that Sunday I start a 3 week wirewrapping class at the HGMS. Plus I'm avidly watching the Tour de France. So July is going to be a very busy month at home as well as at work.

I found another pair of pants in the laundry today. Yay! I'm up to 5 pairs. I desperately need new shirts though. I have 2 that actually fit, and another half dozen that are too big, but don't look too awful yet.

I found a list I made at the very start of my diet. It's a list of all the things I want to do when I lose weight. So far, I've accomplished the following:
Fit into a size 14
Wear high heels
Fit comfortably into a plane seat
Be happy to have my picture taken

And today, I accomplished another one on my list:
Be able to shop at Coldwater Creek!
I've always loved their clothes, but every time I went in, I could only find stuff in a 14 or smaller. I went in today just to see and I shamelessly took advantage of the very nice clerks in the store. I tried on 2 pairs of 14 jeans with fancy embroidery on them and a couple of pretty shirts. Then I found a gorgeous denim jacket with lovely embroidery on it. But I could only find it in an XL. So I tried it on, and it was too big. Yay. The saleslady brought back a Petite L, but it was too small across the shoulders. She finally found a regular L in the back, and it fit great! I was so happy to be wearing 'normal' clothes without a single X anywhere to be found on any of the tags. I didn't buy anything, because I could'nt see the point in paying $80 for a pair of jeans I'd only wear for 4-6 weeks. I think I ticked her off a little bit because of that, but I'm sure I'll be back in the future.

But I can finally shop in the mall stores!
244/171

Nova

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 6th, 2006, 11:59 pm

You're just crossing things off your list like crazy! Isn't clothes shopping a horrible side-effect of this program?

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Hi

Postby Nova » July 7th, 2006, 7:22 am

dede4wd wrote:You're just crossing things off your list like crazy! Isn't clothes shopping a horrible side-effect of this program?

DeDe

Yes. I love it because it makes me feel so good, but at the same time, my credit card is complaining. So I'm trying on clothes in the fancy stores, but I'm buying stuff at Good will and Target.
Nova

Postby Nova » July 7th, 2006, 6:22 pm

I'm having trouble timing my meals optimally. On workdays, I eat oatmeal muffins right when I got up, usually around 7 am. I try to eat at 10, but a lot of times, I don't make it until 10:30 or 11. This morning, I didn't manage lunch until 11:30 and I was starving. Then I get the mid-afternoon meal in about on time, but that means I'm eating my 4th meal right about the time I go home. I usually try to time it so I have a bar and can eat it on the way home. Otherwise, it seems like I have to wait 3.5-4 hours to eat my 4th meal, and then my last 2 meals of the night are squished just 2 hours apart. Maybe I need to switch to more oatmeal muffins and RTDs so that I don't have to worry about microwaving soup or shaking up a shake.

I lifted tonight and I couldn't wait to eat my L&G tonight. That chicken and broccoli is barely keeping me sated, and I'm eagerly waiting for 9 pm, so I can have another shake. Did a lot of body building type exercises tonight for the upper body.
244/171

Nova

Postby Nova » July 8th, 2006, 9:18 pm

My dogs are barkin' tonight, and I'm not talking about the hairy smelly ones, and if you say my feet are hairy and smelly, we're havin' words. ;P Spent the day shopping. Explored a bunch of little shops in League City that I had been meaning to go to. Stopped at a used book store and bought theTao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet. Then did a bunch of clothes shopping looking for another pair of pants and some shirts.

I've discovered this truism about shopping. no matter what size you are, that's the size they don't have. I swear I tried on 15 pair of slacks, all a size 14, and only 1 fit well enough to buy. There were some other I could have bought, but they made my muffin tops look like a pool ring. No thanks.

Kittens! We have a litter of kittens hiding in our side yard. We put out some food for them last night, and this morning we checked on getting a live trap so we could get them and take them to be adopted and neutered. They're so damn cute! Won't be able to get a live trap until Monday though. I've offered to pay for some of the costs, but I don't think I can afford to have all of them fixed. There's somewhere between 4 and 6, plus the momma cat if I can catch her. I got a few pics of three of the babies today. Awww.
244/171

Nova

Postby Karakuri » July 8th, 2006, 9:48 pm

heyya!

figured i'd poke you and say hello.

when you mentioned hairy and feet i thought of hobbits. go figure.

i've never read the Te of Piglet, but i have read the Tao of Pooh. i'm not sure WHY i've not bought the other book though.

and you are very right about the clothing sizes. granted, i haven't dropped any sizes yet... actually i THINK i was a larger size, but i was just trying to squeeze into everything. it's amazing how my body looks different after dropping 10 lbs. i feel like a slimmer Jabba the Hutt.

kittens and cats are just wonderful creatures. you should see if you can get the vet to discount the cost for speutering them. kinda like a group discount and what have you. i know vets, around here, will do that. especially when they know they're strays. you could also see if people would donate. i'm sure some fellow goons would be willing to pitch in a bit.

at any rate, i just wanted to say hello and to keep up the awesome work thus far! losing takes a lot of motivation. reading what you've gone through does give me that extra kick to keep on going. you rock!
start date: June 12, 2006
start weight: 260
new start date: May 14, 2008
current weight: 260
goal weight: 160
height: 5'7"
back on medifast, again, and ready to kick it into gear!
Karakuri
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal