'nother newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

'nother newbie

Postby kassilou » February 1st, 2005, 9:55 pm

Just found Medifast last week, and received my starter package today. So far, so good! :lol: These boards, which I found a couple days ago, seem to be a marvelous support. I am so very glad I found them.

My story is familiar. I've been fat my whole life aside from the couple times I dieted down. I lost 65# with WW in high school, 20 years ago. Gained it back, plus some more. Lost 60# with Diet Center a few years later, gained it back, plus lots more. Tried other diets off and on, never really lost much. Tried OA and recognized myself as being a compulsive eater. Sad, happy, angry, upset, bored...good time to eat!!

It's been 14-15 years since I seriously did this. I've started off well, then something happens and I just never get back on it. With WW I did it all on my own, no meetings, and with DC I had to get weighed daily, so I'm hoping that by having some accountability here I can still do it on my own.

I have a loooooooong way to go. My health has been good, fortunately. I've just allowed this weight to rule me. It's now ruling me to the tune of at least 160# to lose. Holy moley!! So at the minimum I will be doing this program for 8 months. I am planning on a year, so anything less than 12 months would be fantastic. I hope to learn a lot from y'all in the meantime so that I'll be ready for transition and maintenance when those times come.

Thanks so much, Terry and Nancy, for having these forums.
Thanks to all you posters out there, sharing your stories. Being a part of a community that really *gets* this will be wonderful. I look forward to sharing this ride with you.

~kassilou
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby HD » February 1st, 2005, 11:33 pm

Kassilou,
Welcome and congrats on making a great decision to join the medifast team. We are all happy to have you aboard. Yes a familar story but know that there is hope here. You spoke of being held accountable, tell you what....if you'll sign in and post your loss on the roll call on sundays, so will I. I have to get back in the swing of things here and I figure the best way to get started is to start posting!
There's so much support in this forum and I have learned that if I even think I'm hungry....I run for the comp to read postings, It's great! Keep it shakin friend and hope to see you at roll call.
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Roll Call

Postby kassilou » February 2nd, 2005, 7:00 am

Jackie,
Let's be accountable! I tend to get a might obsessive with the scale, so I was only going to get weighed once a month. But, the Sunday roll call sounds like a good way to stay on track, so I'll do it.

Thanks for the welcome!
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby cplantho » February 2nd, 2005, 10:25 am

Hi kassilou! I myself am looking at 6-8 months in the weight loss phase. I refuse to think about it that way. Just keep in mind, one shake, one day, one week at a time. Those months will just fly by! Best of luck to you!
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » February 2nd, 2005, 12:20 pm

Welcome kassilou! :wave:

cplantho is right. The time flies! I committed to however long it took to get to goal. Everyone is different but one thing is for sure: MF works if you follow it. Not cheating not even once helped me get there as fast as possible. One of the most attractive features of this diet to me was the very fast rate of loss. I did all shakes the first month, then added other supplements the rest of my weight loss phase staying on the complete program (not the 5 and 1). Are you doing the complete or 5 and 1? Glad you found this forum and MF!

Patience and strength to you,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Program

Postby kassilou » February 2nd, 2005, 3:36 pm

Camille,
I am planning on doing the complete program, at least most of the time. When necessary, either due to hunger or being around others, I plan to do a "lean and green" meal. I'm only on my second day, tho, so we'll see how that goes. :lol:

I am hopeful about doing this program. I am trying to remind myself to take it one day at a time. On other diets I've dreamed about eating food, and woke up wondering if I had actually eaten. Last night I dreamed that I had gone somewhere and they had Valentine cookies, but I just walked past them. Then I sat a table and pushed the food away from me so I wouldn't be tempted. I like that my subconscious seems to be in the right place. This makes me sooo hopeful! I'm so thankful I found this. :yippee:

~kassilou
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby raederle » February 2nd, 2005, 6:39 pm

Hi Kassilou, and welcome! Your post really made me chuckle-- if you are dreaming about snubbing sugary foods, nothing can stand in your way this time! :mrgreen:

I love this board-- I do what Jackie does and read/post when I start to get hungry or (worse!) bored/angry/upset/frustrated, which also triggers me to eat! I think you'll love it, too, and we are definitely here for you if you need someone to be accountable to, someone to encourage you, someone to yell at you, or someone to just listen and nod...

Wishing you the best!

Rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 2nd, 2005, 7:42 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Kassilou ~

You and I have had similar weight loss experiences and I am excited for you as you begin to get a grip on your heath and reach an optimal weight.

You have been blessed to have reasonably good health and it is nice to know that reaching a healthier BMI will have such good results for the quality of your life both now and in the years to come.

I smiled about your eatmare and the positive things you did in your dream - pushing away from the table is an excellent form of exercise! Way to go, Kassilou! We'll look forward to seeing you disappear.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Nancy » February 3rd, 2005, 7:59 pm

Hey there, Kassilou ~

A warm welcome and howdy hand is extended to you. So glad ya found us. We hope that you find all the ideas you need to get your started and dig around as there are lots of answers here to help you with your program.

What a lovely way to begin the month of February - this is National Women's Heart Health month and you are going to be helping your heart to get healthy with every soy shake you slurp!

Shake it up and shake it off!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.