newbie with questions

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

newbie with questions

Postby auntielingo » July 29th, 2005, 7:16 am

Hello! I just had my first MF shake this morning and am really excited about starting the program and finally losing some weight. I have a few questions.

Does anyone know how this program affects fertility? One of the main reasons I am trying to lose weight is so when I get pregnant again, there will be less risk of certain complications. I know that losing a lot of weight might affect my cycle. How long might I have to wait after I reach goal and end the program before I try getting pregnant again?

I have read a lot of messages on the forum, and they all sound so positive. Does anyone ever fail? I've failed on so many attempts to lose weight, I have a feeling I'm going to need some help getting through this.

Has anyone ever tried mixing the shake mix with hot coffee? I would like to add it to my coffee, but am afraid it will turn into goo.

How often should I weigh in? I'm afraid weighing in every day will be counterproductive (I'll get discouraged if it stays the same), but I don't know if I can wait a whole week to see if I'm making any progress.

Okay, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along. I'm so excited about medifast. I think it's because of all the excitement coming from this forum. I just hope the excitement lasts until I reach goal.

Thanks!
Angie
auntielingo
Regular Member - #10 Club

Re: newbie with questions

Postby kassilou » July 29th, 2005, 9:06 am

auntielingo wrote:
Does anyone know how this program affects fertility?

Be careful! Losing weight releases estrogen and you could very well be more fertile! My weight has affected my cycles forever, and since starting MF I have been regular.

How long might I have to wait after I reach goal and end the program before I try getting pregnant again?

I would suggest you see your doctor.

Does anyone ever fail?

If you follow the program, you will lose weight. Don't follow it, and you will "fail". This forum is a great place for support while on your MF journey. Keep coming here, and if you do go off program at some point, just get back on at your next meal.

Has anyone ever tried mixing the shake mix with hot coffee?

Sorry, can't help ya there.

How often should I weigh in? I'm afraid weighing in every day will be counterproductive (I'll get discouraged if it stays the same), but I don't know if I can wait a whole week to see if I'm making any progress.

Weigh as often as is good for your mental health. Some weigh daily, some weekly, some monthly. Do what is best for you.

I just hope the excitement lasts until I reach goal.

I have been on MF since February. It is great to see the weight come off still, of course, but the "excitement" I felt in the beginning is not the same. Now I look at it as not only losing weight, but gaining health. The weight loss slows down, and has even stalled at times, but I am still increasing my overall health by sticking to the program.

Good luck!!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Newbie with ?'s

Postby Jan » July 29th, 2005, 9:23 am

Hi Angie,
First Welcome to the Program. It is great and very simple. The weight loss is safe and fast. Whoo Hool Now to the questions:
Fertility: WEll losing weight releases estrogen into your system so you can be more fertile during the weight loss period. Also sometimes more" "hormoney" This is a low cal program so it may cause your cycles to be off. I don't know if you have to "wait" after weight loss to get pregnant -- we'll check with Nancy

People can fail at any program. It is really up to the individual person. I know your H.A. will try to do everything possibel to make certain you
succeed. If you are compliant with the program and just keep on going the weight will come off. That's a certainty. It's really a mind set. This program is pretty easy -- you don't have to figure out much.

I like to mix my dutch choc shakes with my coffee. But I personally mix it with cold coffee and then heat it up in the micro. I have made myself some real gooey delights mixing things hot :oops: -- cold works much better. :D

My personal opinion is Stay Off the Old Scale :x I didn't weigh myself after the initial weigh in for 3 weeks . I too was afraid I would get discouraged. Sooooo off the scale for me. I've lost 40 pounds now and don't weigh myself too often. :D

Have faith -- this program works and you'll do fine
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » July 29th, 2005, 9:53 am

Dear Angie and :byebye: welcome to the MakeMeThinner Forum ~

You have a lot of questions and I am glad to know that you have been reading previous posts and using the Forum search feature.

There is more information about weight loss, estrogen and fertility. You may want to use the word ‘fertile’ when you search further.

Re:
Does anyone know how this program affects fertility?

It can affect female fertility as estrogen is released into the blood stream. Estrogen is stored in our fat; when we lose the flab, the estrogen is set free to roam our body…thus we MAY become more fertile…

Re:
I know that losing a lot of weight might affect my cycle

Yes, some women have :twisted: killer PMS for a few cycles and later discover that many of their pre-Medifast PMS symptoms disappear after a while. Some women have more frequent cycles, some less frequent and the flow and length of flow may vary – it is as varied as we are.

Re:
How long might I have to wait after I reach goal and end the program before I try getting pregnant again?

I am not a doctor or by profession I am not medically trained and therefore cannot give you advice regarding that, Angie. I would suggest that you talk to your doctor or health care professional about that.

:secret: My personal thoughts, however: I would want to reach a healthy BMI, maintain my weight for a period of time and be in the best state of health if it were me. After losing a considerable amount of weight, it takes some time for the body to readjust to a normal weight and it is needful to gradually increase caloric intake over a period of time. Typically doctors do not restrict calories for pregnant women and recommend eating frequent low fat, well-balanced healthy meals. I lost 135 pounds and I chose to very carefully and slowly increase my calories – over a period of six months or more and to increase my activity. I absolutely had no intention of twanging up and over the flab line I drew for myself. I am much older than you are and I assume less active but again, I must defer and refer you to your physician

Does anyone ever fail?

:tears: Sadly, Yup.

:scratch: Does Medifasting work for everyone? The answer is a resounding “Yes!” :yippee:

:mrgreen: The question can actually best be turned around, Does every one work at Medifasting? The answer is a resounding “No!” :devious:

Medifast does not fail; people fail to follow through.

Cheaters are not losers.

Plan followers succeed.

The program has proven itself for nearly a quarter of a century – I sure wish I had found it 25 years ago!

I have a feeling I'm going to need some help getting through this.

We all do. That’s why we created the MakeMeThinner Forum. That’s exactly why we exist. :hug:

Has anyone ever tried mixing the shake mix with hot coffee? I would like to add it to my coffee, but am afraid it will turn into goo.

Yup.

Use a really big mug so you have room to stir and stir.

Add a small amount of the powder at a time to the coffee, not the hot coffee to the shake mix in the mug. Sounds picky but my experience is that it is best to put the powder into the liquid and not the other way around. My preference to avoid globbage is to stir it into semi-cool coffee and once it is mixed, to reheat my coffee.

There are different web rooms here on the MakeMeThinner Forum, each specializing in different topics. See the “Lean Cuisine” web room for information regarding :chef: recipes and :buddies: mixicology! I think you’ll like it and find it valuable.

Re:

You’re gonna get an array of replies here.

You’re asking a constant scale :shock: watcher here. I weight every time I go wee-wee. Since you stated that you might get discouraged if your weight stays the same, weigh weekly or every 10 days. Put the scale in the garage and keep it there except for your scheduled weigh-in day.

It can make ya :nana: cwazy because our weight fluctuates so much from day to day.

The best plan: measure yourself monthly – it will blow you away!

:shock: Sheesh! Even my neck lost a load of lard!

Happy shaking!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby martha » July 29th, 2005, 7:33 pm

ANGIE----------

Hi and WELCOME--

Every question has been answered but I wanted to say HI to you.. This does work.. I have lost 60# in 3 months and many others have lost more..If you follow the program you WILL lose weight.. everyone loses at different speeds--and yes it does slow down at times but while that is happening you are losing inches :mrgreen: and that is GREAT!! YOU CAN DO THIS :mrgreen: and we will be right here to help..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

thanks!

Postby auntielingo » July 30th, 2005, 5:26 am

Thanks everyone for the great responses! I made it through the first day! Its amazing how many temptations there are in just one day. I'm so glad I have you all for support.

Angie
auntielingo
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » July 30th, 2005, 10:24 am

Angie ~

Ahhh...sweet success!

It does seem as if the :twisted: :twisted: devious temptress of :x killer grub comes out when we begin a weight loss program.

Best wishes to a successfully shakin' third day!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss