Newbie - Well Sort Of

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie - Well Sort Of

Postby fatBgone » April 30th, 2005, 4:20 pm

Hey Everyone!

I've been on Medifast for about 6 weeks now (and proud to say that I've lost 24 pounds) but I'm new to your group. I just stumbled on you guys last night and have been reading several of your posts. You all seem so funny, encouraging & motivating that I just couldn't resist joining in! :D

I love your "Lean Cuisine" section! YUM!! :bib: I read so many different ideas that I'm anxious to try them out. This group just seems to be full of so much information - and I love all the emoticons.

Well, anyway, I have about 50 more pounds to lose, so I figure I'll be around for awhile longer. I'm hoping to get to my goal by August or September...and then the real trick begin - learning to keep it off!!

I had done Medifast a LOOOONG time ago when it was only shakes & I only had 30 pounds to lose and it worked great then. (about 16 years ago). Now, after having 3 kids and a husband who loves to eat out, my weight has been creeping, creeping until I could stand it no more! I'm glad I have made the decision to get rid of it - and start living a happier, healthier life. I've felt sorry for my kids for so many years for having a "fat" mom - I used to swear (when I was young & skinny) that I would NEVER allow myself to get like "that" when I would see overweight women. I guess that it was my pay-back!! :?

I'm really enjoying the whole plan this time and love all the varieties. I made it through Easter dinner without even wanting to cheat - and I hope I can keep this determination and motivation strong - to get me to my goal!! I'll be 41 in August - and the new "thin me" is going to be my birthday gift to myself!! :cleader:

Ok, then - I guess that's my intro...I'm still trying to figure out how to read the board exactly. Is there some way that posts the new messages daily - or do you just go into the topic first and then look for new posts?

Thanks!!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby dlr2424 » April 30th, 2005, 4:30 pm

FatBGone..............WELCOME!!!!!!!!......I am so glad you have joined us..... :yes: ......and WEIGH TO GO on the 24 lb loss...... :yay: ....This forum will be a true asset to your weight loss journey........ :D .......full of support.... :hug: ....and laughter......... :roflmao: .....looking forward to sharing your success with you..... :thumbup: .......we all love to cheer our fellow LOSERS on to victory............ :cheerleader: .....anything you need feel free to ask..... :?: .....keep on shakin and don't forget roll call...........you'll love it....... :yeah: ........
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » April 30th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Hi Lisa!

You can register on this site by clicking on this link. (Apologies to scrabbler for stealing her shtick. :mrgreen: )

Once you are registered, you will be able to see people's signature lines and profiles, and to send and receive Private Messages and, where it is enabled, email. Also, once you are registered, you will find that if you have cookies enabled on your computer you will have on the main forum page a link on the right hand side that says "View posts since last visit." Clicking that link will bring up a list of all the threads that have new posts, or new threads, since the last time you were here.

Good luck to you, and welcome!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby kassilou » April 30th, 2005, 5:43 pm

Welcome, Lisa! Glad to hear you are doing so well on MF. I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum---I think it's great! :kool:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby DonicaB » April 30th, 2005, 6:47 pm

Hi Lisa. Well you have been doing MF longer than and I'm excited about the results you have had. :yes: I love this forum. I, like you, just happened to stumble across it when I was doing a Google search for MF shake recipes. I have been addicted to it ever since. Every day I come to this forum (sometimes 10 times a day :shock: ) and everyday I get encouragement to stick with it. I feel like I have such a huge group of new friends, all who know the struggles of trying to lose weight. It is so good to talk with people who are feeling the same things you are.

We are so glad you decided to join us. :goteam: I look forward in sharing this journey with you.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby fatBgone » April 30th, 2005, 11:33 pm

Hi Donna, 24K, Kassilou & Donica -
Thanks for all your replies and info!! So, now I've joined - rather than a guest - and I love the little ticker thing-a-ma-jigs you all have! So, how do you get one of them? I want one too!!

I can't believe how much there is to read on here. I've been home for about an hour and the whole time I've just been reading stuff here and then there and then back here, etc. I feel like I'm hopping all over the place - but each thread I read is so interesting - I can't stop. It's approaching 2 am though and I really need to go to sleep so I won't be dozing in church tomorrow morning.

I actually was reading stuff about Spidey and went to a link that he put in one of his messages about that flesh eating disease and then read several of the Survivor Stories on that website. That is the scariest thing I've ever read about. How is he doing now??? I'm going to add him and all the other people I read about affected by that in my prayer list. It's just awful - to be healthy one day and then nearly dying 4 days later. I can't even imagine....

I've been weighing on Thursdays - just because I started on a Thursday, but I want to start on the Roll Call thing....so I'll switch to Sundays - so I'll be checking in tomorrow. I basically just wanted to jump on before I went to bed and thank you guys for your warm welcoming words!!
Good night!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby fatBgone » April 30th, 2005, 11:50 pm

I think I figured out the ticker thingie...just trying it out....if it works, then it was so easy...and fun!! Yeah...I hit preview - and it's there!! Cool beans!!
Lisa
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » May 1st, 2005, 5:53 am

Welcome Lisa! I hope you didn't doze off in church after being up so late! This forum is quite addicting. My hubby's best friend is dying of colon cancer so my hubby went onto a forum of people dying or have friends/family dying. He agrees that these support forums are just the best. He never posts in his but gets a lot of comfort in reading w/ others.

Anyway, glad you found us and congrats on your great success so far! Looking forward to sharing this journey w/ you!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.