Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby albee414 » November 22nd, 2004, 1:21 pm

Hello all,

I am a newbie to medifast. I think im going to like it given the fact that i can eat 6 times a day plus i dont really have to worry about picking out what to eat since its already there....i need to lose about 120 lbs....soo i hope this works well for me...

anybody have any pointers ?

Thanks,
Al
albee414

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » November 22nd, 2004, 4:00 pm

Hi Al,
Welcome!
I have only been on MF 5 weeks,but would recommend making sure to eat
all your meals,spaced no further than 3 hours apart and drink LOTS of water.
There are some excellent tips all over this board to make this the last diet
you are ever on.
Don't plan on exercising for the first few weeks until your system gets used to the lower caloric intake.
I started exercising again on the 3rd week and it has helped me to lose inches as well as pounds,but do so in moderation.
Follow the plan and don't cheat at all and you will see results!
There are some awe inspiring people here who have lost as much or more than you want to, and they keep me motivated along with my great results, so come in often and read posts and reply.
I want to lose a great deal of weight and am 30 pounds into my goal with another 114 more to go.
We CAN DO IT!!!
Best of luck
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » November 22nd, 2004, 6:03 pm

Good evening, Albee ~

Welcome to the LAST time you have to go on a weight loss program! This will amaze you how quickly you lose the lard. I love Medifast and what it has done for my husbad and me. Together we have lost nearly 200 pounds - amazing!

Cheaters never prosper. Stick to your program, you'll be a loser, too!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby albee414 » November 22nd, 2004, 8:18 pm

i have to stick to it...i have no choice anymore....I was thinking of starting off with the 5+1 modified plan seeing how it goes for two weeks then i want to try the fast...to lose as much as possible..what do you think?
albee414

Postby Nancy » November 22nd, 2004, 8:36 pm

You haven't told us very much about yourself, just that you need to lose 120 pounds.

Follow the guidelines of your Health Advisor.

Not everyone that posts on the MakeMeThinner Forum is one of my personal clients. There is a network of independent Health Advisors with Take Shape for Life across the country. We feature Medifast products. Terry and I are National Directors, we've personally lost nearly 200 pounds between the two of us, continue to use Medifast products for weight maintenance and disease control and have been certified Health Advisors for over two years.

With that being said, I hesitate to tell you what to do for your weight loss program. Your HA should be able to help you to know what would be advisable in your situation.

If you are seeing a physician, I would go for the complete fast - no food choices that way, you'll get into the fat-burning state right away and it is very simple to do - convenient and easy.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LongWay2go » November 23rd, 2004, 6:19 am

Al,

I'll tell you that I did a plan similar to MediFast before (Optifast) on a modified plan and found that having to plan meals of any sort only caused me to think about food all day and I failed, well not failed, (I did lose 50 pounds on it) but it was complete torture thinking about food all day. I've found that the full fast does it for me. I don't have to think about food at all. My meal "planning" consists of trying to figure out which flavor of shake to drink. Not everyone can do a full fast. That depends on your health and the conditions you have, but I think it's safe to say that at almost 500 pounds when I started MediFast and confined to a wheelchair with explosive hypertension, I was about as far gone as you can get and still be living. Fortunately my cholesterol has always been in the normal range and diabetes has not been an issue, but hypertension was a big problem and with my mother and father both dying in their mid 50's from complications of hypertension - that's a big concern for me. I'm 45 and my doctor had been telling me for 5 years that I would not live to see 50. I've lost 80 pounds as of this past Sunday on MediFast, 130 pounds from my "high" weight and plan to outlive that jerk! ;)

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby albee414 » November 23rd, 2004, 8:00 am

Nancy,

where can i find a health advisor?
albee414

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 23rd, 2004, 11:21 am

Welcome albee414! :wave:

You're just like me when I started. I had no clue what this MF company was about. I just wanted to lose the weight. I originally got assigned a MF health advisor because I googled MF and found a health advisor's site in Hawaii and ordered my first order from him. I then found this forum and asked Nancy how I could change my health advisor to her. She informed me and I switched. I highly recommend requesting Nancy as your health advisor. I felt it was the least I could do in return for her and her husband Terry providing this forum which is of such a great help to me.

I did the complete fast to lose my weight because I wanted it off as quickly as possible. And man o man did it come off fast!!! Very easy too not having to plan and purchase other foods as you would have to do on the modified plan.

Let us know when you start!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby shineface » November 28th, 2004, 2:18 pm

Hi Al---

Welcome to the best place on earth - support, info and care!

I do the 5/1 and it works for me --- others swear by the full fast... the decision is what you and your health advisor think is best for you.

My advice is keep shakin', postin', and drink, drink, drink your water - it is critical as I found out from the very beginning!!!!

WE WILL DO IT TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby albee414 » November 29th, 2004, 7:33 am

thanks for all your advice everyone...today is day numero uno!!...

All the best,
Al
albee414

Postby LongWay2go » November 29th, 2004, 7:36 am

Good luck buddy! Keep us "posted"!!!

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » November 29th, 2004, 11:48 am

Hey, Folks ~

Al is going to be shrinking very soon! Won't this be fun? :boing:

We have another guy on the Forum now!

We know that there are many male lurkers so Al, we will :heart: love to watch your numbers decline and you will show those guys what serious weight loss is all about!
Mike has already done what you need to do, Gerald is well into his plan and moving in on the 100 pound club now (woo hoo! :thumbup: ) and you are just beginning.

You will reach your goal and become an even more awesome hunk in record time! :yippee:

:cheers: Shake on and drink up! :water:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby MomJackieLee » November 29th, 2004, 8:54 pm

Welcome, Al!!!

Great luck to you. You have a great product and a wonderful supportive group here. :mrgreen:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.