I'm a newbie!!! :)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm a newbie!!! :)

Postby scarlet2507 » July 21st, 2008, 2:04 pm

Hi there,
I'm so glad I found this website! I was trying to find something that might be able to "support" me through this journey I have finally decided to embark on!

I ordered the 4-week Medifast for Women on Saturday... just waiting to receive it!! I read all of these success stories, and I can't help but get excited about maybe being able to maintain my weight.

Any pointers that the seasoned medifast users want to offer, I'm all ears!! Even those that just started, too!! I'm going to start a journal, I think... I feel better when writing my feelings, and now that I can't eat my way through feelings any more, writing will help!!

Thanks in advance for helping me through this, and for just being so open and successful in what you are doing!! I hope to grow to become that!! :)

Talk to you soon,
Rosemary
scarlet2507
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » July 21st, 2008, 2:12 pm

Welcome! My first tip would be to come here for support and information, so you've already done that. Second would be to ask any questions you might have. What else?

1) Drink your water.
2) Stick to the program and don't add extras.
3) Weigh regularly, but don't let the scale rule your life.
4) Set mini goals, but try to make them things you can control, not things like losing X number of pounds by X date.
5) Reward yourself for successes, but not with food.
6) Use your time on the program to work on the reasons you gained the weight in the first place (emotional eating, etc.).
7) If you have an all-or-nothing attitude, as most of us do or did, work on getting rid of it. If you screw up and eat something you shouldn't, it's not the end of the world and it doesn't make you a failure. Pick yourself up and get right back on the wagon.
8) Check out the Lean Cuisine section for ways to improve/vary the flavor of your Medifast foods, and for Lean and Green ideas and recipes.
9) Buy a belt. Many folks here have dropped their drawers at unexpected moments.
10) Save something from your biggest size so you can see the changes later. (This is something I wish I had done.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby rodeomom » July 21st, 2008, 3:59 pm

Hi there and welcome!!!

I would like to add a couple of things to DogMa's list...

1) Read your Quick Start Guide, then read it again. Keep it open to the section on lean & green options and put on the counter of your kitchen. Around here we call it our second bible. If a food isn't in the allowed section of the guide then don't eat it.

2) TAKE MEASUREMENTS!!!! This is important, because there will be times when the scale seems to seize up and just won't budge. If you have taken measurements you will find that even though the scale isn't moving, your body is still shrinking.

3) No matter what, DON'T STOP until you reach your goal. So often, people here will say they want to go off plan for a birthday, anniversary, reunion etc... whatever the situation (unless your doctor tells you) your wisest choice would be to stay the course! While some folks are able to get right back on, they are few and far between. Trying to get back on the program has been the toughest thing for me and I was 100% compliant and lost 80 pounds in 4 months before I had to go off for a surgery.

This is not a "diet". I call it a nutrition program, a way of living. You have made a life changing decision. Allow the program to change your life so that you won't gain the weight back. After losing weight, none of us can expect to be able to go back to the eating habits that got us in this situation in the first place.

You are on the right track. Congratulations!!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » July 22nd, 2008, 2:40 am

Stash some bars in the fridge at work, home, wherever. Keep some RTDs in the car. Hide packets in your desk.

Never know when you will be stuck somewhere and need one.

You'll see the recipes sometimes call for using the meals as ingredients. Try that and you will be amazed how much you can do to have an "on the go" meal that you don't have to sit and drink or stop to heat up.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby scarlet2507 » July 22nd, 2008, 6:06 am

Thanks guys for all the great tips!! I just got my shipping confirmation, and let me tell you, I'm psyched!! Who would have thought? I'm so ready to be out of the 300# club!! :)
scarlet2507
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » July 22nd, 2008, 9:01 pm

Those are all fabulous tips... follow that advice and you will do great. Check out the Lean Cuisine section here for ideas on the lean and green and ways to change up some of the Medifast meals.

Good luck.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.