Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Jady » July 11th, 2004, 7:24 am

Hi, Just thought I would introduce myself...I made the decision to take off my 50-60 lbs by using MF. I am excited about the program but my family and friends are not very supportive. My sis lost weight years ago on Optifast only to regain the weight plus more. Her story scares me somewhat...although I know there are tons of success stories as well. I would appreciate any advice or helpful hints y'all could provide. I would love to totally empty the whole house of food and then lock myself up armed with my shakes until I'm skinny...but....since that is totally unrealistic : ;) I need to find a way to keep my little one fed (he hates to eat) with out joining him. Is the secret to just keep your hands full of water bottles???? :D Thanks!
Jady

Postby Marseilles » July 11th, 2004, 9:45 am

Welcome Jady!!

The secret to medifast and its success...hmmm...

I would say in large part it is this forum and the continued support you are able to receive anytime you may need a little boost. Also, the ease of the program..there is comfort in knowing that ALL that is required is a commitment to the program and its rigidity. Having said so, it can also be a royal pain in the derriere..as with anything, you will face trials and tribulations. BUT, stay true to medifast and there is not a single person here that will tell you anything but how well medifast can work for you. It will show you astounding results and have you feeling wonderful in a week. You will have energy to spare and will be truly motivated by the gratification of the pounds literally falling off.

Water WILL be your best friend, if you can commit to drinking it. A general rule of thumb is your weight/2= How many ounces you should be drinking a day. Seem like a lot? After a few days you will crave it if you have anything less. I LOVE my water now..never used to touch the stuff. I found it would get right in my mouth..YUCK! :-P

Im kind of rambling I spose...mostly, welcome. Its good to have you aboard. I challenge you..commit to medifast even when your family seems down on you about it. Your life will never be the same again...it will be SOO much better.

Cheers!
-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby lantana » July 11th, 2004, 10:19 am

Hi, I am beginning my second time using Medifast. The first time I lost 50 lbs. I never went long enough to reach my desired weight. It is true I felt so much better when I used Medifast. I am excited about doing it now. The excitement comes from encouragement from people who have been successful. Nancy's article in the newsletter hit the truth, their is another woman whom I am allowing to destroy my life.
lantana

Postby Nancy » July 11th, 2004, 3:17 pm

Hi and Welcome Jady and Lantana ~

You have made the best choice ever.

I am currently emailing with a former Medifast user.

I have gone back and forth with her for over a year and half. She is now up in weight, on 40 mg of Lipitor a day plus diabetic meds, has arthritis, is virtually housebound and still can't get with the program. Excuses abound. She has a totally supportive family, too.

Weight loss takes commitment. It takes hard work. It takes self-denial.

It takes eating and drinking the right things day in and day out. It can be boring if you allow it to be.

Success means NOT eating your kid's left-overs. It means NOT being a member of the Clean Plate Club.

Medifasting can become so routine that it can begin a new habit and replace those old killer eating habits that provide a moment of joy on the tongue but a lifetime of battles on the hips and the heart.

Medifasting can teach you how much to eat and how often to eat. You can develop a lifetime habit of making good food choices that will increase the quality of your life and can actually extend the length of your life.

I welcome you both and wish the best for you. Take control of what you eat, try to figure out what triggers your poor eating habits and then work like your life depends upon it to stick to the Medifast weight loss plan, go all the way until you reach your goal.

Don't stop short. It is too hard to get back on. Then faithfully follow the transiiton plan, add exercise and keep off the flab forever!

I am wearing a red bikini right now and am going to go water the flowers in the backyard. Because I can.

Two years ago I could not. I would not.

Take a shake. Take back your life.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Jady » July 11th, 2004, 3:41 pm

Thank you for the welcome. I have promptly refilled my water bottle and will make sure to drink, and drink! I read through previous mail and water seems to be key to maximum loss. Thanks for the help, M :D

Nancy, enjoy yourself in your red bikini, I hope to be there in a few months....Is it okay to wear a bikini in the middle of October?? :lol:

I went out today and bought my son all the food he needs for the month. I chose food that is quick and easy to make. My thought is the faster I am out of the kitchen the better. He may not have the best meals but they will be healthy and low in fat (soon mommy will be too).Nancy, you are right on target with the statement about not cleaning your childs plate, I have done through the years and I know that contributed to my weight gain.

Thank you for this forum...I hope to able to turn to it through out this whole process.

Jady
Jady

Postby Nancy » July 11th, 2004, 3:59 pm

Jady,
My philosophy is that you wear a red bikini any time ya want to. I vacuumed and did the dusting in mine. :-)

I may not be a Christie or a Paris but I am me and as a fifty-five year old soon-to-be fifty-six year old lady, I feel :lol: happy about my body for the first time in my life and I am not going to let convention tell me that I am not cool. ;) Because I am. Finally.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Jady » July 11th, 2004, 6:43 pm

Nancy,

CaN'T wAIT tO HAVE YOUR ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JADY :yes:
Jady

Return to Come on in.