newbie here

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

newbie here

Postby starstelle » May 19th, 2004, 2:58 pm

Hi all,
Newbie here.
I started the 5-1 mod on Sunday, and I am already having a very hard time staying on the wagon - is something wrong with me??? I "snuck" in a few pria bars.. ok - not as bad as it could have been - but I am about starving - I know that the first few days were going to be rough - but can someone come over and kick my butt! lol

Ok - other than that! My name is Starr, I am 30 years old, and I have tryed every diet know to me, this is my last resort before gastric bypass. I am 5'1" and started at 219. (yes so far I am down 4 pounds even with the pria bars). I have been married for 6 1/2 years and we have two doggies that are our children! lol I work midnights- which sometimes is a drag and can mess things up somewhat - but I can deal with that. I am interested in meeting more people that are in the same boat I am in - or have been there and done that and can help me thought this first week!

~Starr~
219/215/200/130
starstelle
First Post

Postby Marseilles » May 19th, 2004, 3:19 pm

Hiya Starr,

Welcome! :)

Yes, the first three days or so are pretty hard but it DOES get easier..it gets easier FASTER if you drop the pria bars. Im not sure what those even are, but the benefit of medifast is the mild state of ketosis it puts your body in, enabling your body to burn the free fatty acids that are being released and therefore, keeping your body from burning lean muscle mass.

If you can be SUPER strong and super focused, you will do yourself more of a favor by NOT having them. My suggestion, based on the medifast Q&A's and the things I have read, is to have a couple of cups of boullion, the sodium will help curb the hungries and take away some of the first few days growlies. Also, if you -need- to crunch or chew, three pieces of celery dipped in a little table salt, or a cup of lettuce with some balsamic or red wine vinegar as opposed to dressing. You can also have a couple of pickle spears a day if you need to. Be cautious with these though, you need to try and form good food habits and avoid the nibblies in order to be successful.

Also, drink LOTS and LOTS of water..it is your bodies bestest buddy, promise.

Stay focused Starr and visit here -often-. It will become something of a lifeline for you. We are all REAL people going through -exactly- what you are going through.

Keep shaking, and again I say...WELCOME!!

-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » May 19th, 2004, 3:30 pm

I started the 5-1 mod on Sunday,
having a very hard time staying on the wagon
I am about starving
but can someone come over and kick my butt!

Starr welcome…. If you need a butt kicking we can call Guido, but not just yet!

Right to the point – by looking at your stat’s 30 years old and weighing 219 with a goal of 130 tells me you have about 89 pounds to go, and at your young age, that is quite a bit. I am not chastising you in anyway, so don’t take any of this the wrong way. Trust me when I say I know exactly what you are experiencing!

First of all, you have made a 180 degree turn in your eating habits. My guess is Last Saturday, and everyday before that, Starr was hungry, Starr ate? Starr ate anything and everything she wanted? Now all of a sudden you have a new way of dealing with food, and life. Food is a different animal for you now. FUEL ONLY! It’s a 30 year habit of satisfying your hunger, weather you were hungry, or just ate to eat, with a “slam on the brakes” method (Medifast). Stop me anytime.

Your pain will subside. It will get easier I promise. You have only been doing this for less than 4 days, as opposed to 30 years of the old way. Your hunger is NOT going to mysteriously go away, but it will get easier I promise. As long as you are taking your shakes, and such at the designated increments, you will succeed.

Let us know more, and trust an old fat guy, Medifast will work if you let it!! I dare anyone to prove me wrong, ever!

Glad to have you here!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Welcome

Postby Echo » May 19th, 2004, 7:00 pm

You came to the right place, if you look through the forum you will find so much inspiration to stay, and solutions to the problems you are facing. I'm new too and already I have found things here that help me stay in control.

I started keeping a journal that lists the reasons I have to do this, the challenges I am facing and my plan to stay on track. It's so important to have a plan, and everything you need to succeed. The results are so dramatic there is almost instant gratification. It's not easy, anyone can tell you that, but it's worth it!

Echo-who reminds you that if anyone asks if want fries with that shake just say no!
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.