Newbie...gearin up for Day 1

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie...gearin up for Day 1

Postby lilgorg » May 12th, 2006, 10:48 am

Hello everybody, I wanted to introduce myself before I started the program because I’m probably gonna be on here quite a bit. My name is Kim and I found out about the program last week when my former “work husband” emailed me about this great plan that we’ve got to try (I just moved out of state and he got a new job too, hence the term “former”). I’m currently at my breaking point so I’m willing to try just about anything. If I wasn’t so scared of needles, I probably would’ve even resorted to surgery! Anyways, I’ve been getting mentally prepared all week for this new journey. My package is due to arrive today so my plan is to start this up tomorrow. I figure if I’m going to be cranky with an attitude and headache, I might as well do it in the comfort of my own home and not risk getting fired! :shock: LOL

I guess I don’t have much to say right now. Dede got me hip to this forum so I’m gonna browse thru as I get ready for Day 1. Talk you soon….
lilgorg
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tiolazz » May 12th, 2006, 10:53 am

Welcome and good luck, you will find a whole lot of support and nice friendly people in this forum.

Just let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

You are going to be sooo happy with the changes that will be coming your way.

Terri
Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby monz » May 12th, 2006, 11:38 am

:cleader: Welcome!! :cleader:
5'3"
217/200/125

monz
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » May 12th, 2006, 11:49 am

Welcome. This is MUCH easier than going under the knife, I think! (And from what I've read on here, people who DO have surgery still have to follow something similar or they're even put on Medifast afterward.)

Good luck!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MISSANNE » May 12th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Welcome :hug:

There is a great support system on here. Feel free to visit an often as you need or want to.
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby lilgorg » May 12th, 2006, 12:26 pm

aw, i can already feel all the love and support in here. i'm going to keep a journal. i'm writing in it right now.

funny thing missanne, i almost bought a house in gilbert back on 2001! but then i realized i knew noone in az and really wanted to stay on the west coast. we coulda been neighbors :D
lilgorg

Postby MISSANNE » May 12th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Ahhh........well theres still time to move here.

Let me know when and if you decide to, I know a great Realtor!

Hee,Hee....me!
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Drama Queen » May 12th, 2006, 12:37 pm

You have found the best support group on the net. Be sure and check out the Lean Cuisine section for great recipes and ideas to spice up your meals. You are on your way to thinsville!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby jump4joy » May 12th, 2006, 12:41 pm

Welcome Kim! You've stumbled onto the BEST weight-loss plan ever, and if you just hang on tight it will change your life forever! :D The first 3-4 days are the toughest, and even though you'll be wearing your cranky-pants for the first little while, it'll get better...I promise you. :mrgreen: Just keep your eyes on the road straight ahead and you'll be thin before you know it. :redprowl:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy

Postby Serendipity » May 12th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Hi and welcome to our little forum! :lol:

I remember getting psyched to start Medifast. I couldn't wait for my box of stuff to arrive. And you know what? I'm still just as excited as I was on day one! This is a great program. It can be life changing if you let it.

What is a work husband? I'm a bit confused about your marital status, lol.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Tiolazz » May 12th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Jo,

I am soooo glad you asked, I was wondering the same thing.....
Tiolazz

Postby Arklahoma » May 12th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Hello & welcome to our happy, little MF family. Can't wait to "see" you shedding some weight and telling your tales.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » May 12th, 2006, 2:27 pm

Image It is great to have you here with us!

I like Jo am still very excited with the program. This forum is a great place for support and encouragement. Glad you found us

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 12th, 2006, 3:48 pm

hi, WELCOME!!! We are glad that you are here with us. You are going to get some great ideas on this forum, and meet the nicest people you will ever know! :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby lilgorg » May 12th, 2006, 4:37 pm

i've got so much to learn, like how to get my picture to show, how to get a chart of my progess in my signature, etc, etc.

u guys never heard of a work spouse? u must not watch "king of queens" :) well a work husband is a platonic hubby at work that understands u (translation, will whine & complain about crap around the office with u), goes to lunch with u, runs for coffee with u, updates u on th gossip, loans u money, borrows money (pretty much everything like real hubby but no nookie and no arguments). for a true, in-depth definition, see this article by GQ: <snip>no urls please - mr. Snippy</snip>. i have a real husband too. a lot of ppl have work spouses but don't even realize it.

speaking of my real husband, he just called to inform me that my box has arrived! yeah! he was like "dang, it was a pretty big box". so it's a sunny day here in cali and i'm all ready for what tomorrow brings. i'll try to log on and give ya'll an update on how it's going...maybe i can be a member of the 2# or 3# club by monday! :D
lilgorg

Next

Return to Come on in.