I'm A NEWBE! 2 Days in and so glad to find you!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm A NEWBE! 2 Days in and so glad to find you!

Postby artsyphartsy » July 15th, 2005, 5:56 am

Hi ALL! I JUST went thought the photo page for more inspiration and one day hope to post MY "before & after" phots.

I"m 47 and an artist who has had 2 spinal surguries and gained a TON of weight with the drugs and all...so I'm up to 195 and have tried EVERYTHING! You name it, i bought it, i read it and i tried it. Discouragement finally came this spring when i was on another liquid diet and lost NOTHING after 6 weeks!

Because of my surguries, my health is not good and my body doesn't metabolize well...and...i can't excercise...so it's been a Godsend that I found Medifast and this is my last hope. I need better health!

Well it's going on my 3rd day on the plan and so far so good. I have no cravings, which is an extremely huge blessing to me...but these intense migranes are knocking me down so any help or advice on that would help. I struggle with the thought of drugs or chemicals (hence my hesitance on this diet & preservatives but the weight has to come off)so anything natural would be appreciated.

I SO plan on checking in here from time to time as you've already been a great encouragment to me. If you want to see who I am, please check out my website and say hi! <snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip>

<comment>register and add your website to your profile - UT</comment>

blessings,
Lisa :lol:
artsyphartsy

Postby martha » July 15th, 2005, 6:52 am

LISA--

Checked you out on your web and read all about you.. What an interesting life you lead.. By the way --you are absolutely beautiful..and your daughter too.. :D Congratulations on taking that big leap of faith with us and MF.. you will love this forum..The people are simply MARVELOUS!! the most caring group of people I have ever had the pleasure to be associated with..usually after day3 it gets easier and easier with each passing day.. So WELCOME aboard and lets get to melting those pounds away :mrgreen: --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME! I needed that!

Postby artsyphartsy » July 15th, 2005, 8:02 pm

My pics on my web are a little old and the weight went up since then so i'm looking forward to posting MY before and after on this site some day. I'm so blessed to find an EASY way...and can't wait until tomorrow!

blessings,
lisa
artsyphartsy

Site for you

Postby Jan » July 16th, 2005, 9:34 am

Hi Lisa
This is trully the site for you!! It is wonderful how kind, caring and encouraging everyone is to all who venture here. They are willing to help you no matter what. I've seen good times, joy, bad times and hard times reported but the forum members are still here to cheer everyone. Just keep checking in, and reporting your progress and you'll surely make it.
jan I'll be looking :shock: :shock: for you!
Jan
Preferred member

Headaches

Postby bunnylady » August 8th, 2005, 6:12 am

I get Migraines about 2-3 times a month and so had prescription Imitrex on hand when I started getting headaches on the Medifast program - some days I would be shakey and headachey- Migraines situate themselves over one eye and these headaches on the program were more evenly painful but nothing I had would knock them out so I've taken my Imitrex twice now- it knocks the headache out and relaxes my back which really tightens up when I'm hungry- You should probably ask your doctor for something for the headaches which I think will pass after our bodies adjust to less food-
I've seen something on t.v. for headaches called BF? something powder and was going to watch for another commercial and check it out on the internet-

if you want something non prescription you could try FEVERFEW- its a natural herb which increases the Seratonin level and knocks out bad headaches-
I used to carry it with me at all times and even grew feverfew in my backyard and brewed it as a tea

good luck with the headaches
bunnylady

Return to Come on in.