Glad to be one of you now!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Glad to be one of you now!

Postby Darlene » April 7th, 2004, 2:24 pm

:lol: Hi everyone my name is Darlene and I just started.....I have been reading posts for a weeks or so and have my stuff and started today. unfortunately i am fighting a kidney and sinus infection! But my urologist gave the go ahead for this medifast. Ever since I had my daughter (4 years ago!) I can't get rid of this babyfat! I have done Atkins and weight watchers with very little loss and gave it up. Now I have a goal to feel and look good before July when my family comes to visit.(There are always those looks of "I can't believe Darlene is still so chubby!") I just want to fell healthy again. I want to feel good enough about myself to take my daughter to a pool or water park......or a Disney cruise!" I am ready....a bit nervous with the no food thing but I will do the beef boullion thing and just try to stay calm, cool and collected.
Oh, by the way....i am a Chiropractor. Someone who was always athletic and healthy but really I am just like the rest of you! I get lost in life too!
start date: 11/22/2004
189/180/130
Darlene
Newbie - #20 Club

I am starting On Sunday

Postby leticia » April 7th, 2004, 8:29 pm

Hi my name is Leticia, I too have be on the merry go round, all the different diets, name it I'v been on it. I will be starting on Sunday, because It not a Monday and I feel I will have full control I just received my food/drinks for one month..I was introduced by one of my co-workers
on this site Explorthis. [/b]
leticia

Postby TamiL » April 7th, 2004, 10:53 pm

Welcome Leticia and Darlene!!

You both have come to the right place to loose weight...get support and make it to your goals!! Medifast is the BEST..and after you get thru the first few weeks..it becomes easier!! and when you see results...you will be thrilled!!

Darlene..you and I have the same weight stats...I started at 185...and now 9 weeks later...am 160..or lower probably..I dont weigh myself that often..I go by how my clothes feel really cuz the numbers do a job on me and I get discouraged too fast if my loss dosent show up!! so what I did was find a pair of my size 8 pants from years ago...and I try them on every few weeks...those are my goal pants!! when I first started..I could not even get them past my legs...now they go on..zip and everything..but still too snug to wear..but Im half way if not more to my goal of 135 pounds!!

Leticia...you are a co worker of Mike's??? arent you lucky..Mike is the MEDIFAST god!! lol!! he is such a BIG LOOSER!! :) lost sooo much weight!! as you know....and hes such a great assett to this forum and a source of strengh when you need it!!

Welcome to you both....happy shakin..and I promise you both...stick with this...and in a few weeks..youll be noticing a huge difference!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby moutoncove » April 8th, 2004, 9:20 am

Hi Darlene & Leticia,

We're glad to have you aboard our train to Thinville. The first 3 days might be a little tuff but if you stick to it you'll really start to feel good and have more energy. MF is so convenient and easy to use. It does take alot of effort to stay on program - temptations are everywhere and you'll have to find alot of strength to get through some days. That's what this board is for. Support, encouragement, sounding board, whatever you're feeling there's always someone here that can help you.

We're all in the same boat. We know the challenges that you will face. Leticia if you feel you need some encouragement I'm sure Quido will be more than happy to help set you straight.

Congratulations for taking this step to a better and healthier you. There's no other program that will give you the results that MF can. If you stick to this 100% you will see those results you're looking for.

Best of luck to both of you and keep shakin and keep postin.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Re: I am starting On Sunday

Postby explorthis » April 8th, 2004, 9:51 am

leticia wrote:I was introduced by one of my co-workers
on this site

Leticia...you are a co worker of Mike's??? aren’t you lucky. Mike is the MEDIFAST god!! lol!! he is such a BIG LOOSER!! lost sooo much weight!! as you know....and he’s such a great asset to this forum and a source of strength when you need it!!

Yes, Leticia is a friend/co-worker. We have many locations within our company. I am in Southern California, and she is in the San Francisco (Northern California) location. We have spoken many times about Medifast. She called me a few months ago, though I have not physically seen her in about a year, she said “a little bird told me you have lost a lot of weight” Funny, we are miles away from each other, and this subject, the weight loss one gets to her via word of mouth… I guess we call this “networking”

Anywho, she has taken the Medi-plunge. I have personally given her the necessary support she needs, and the “Guido” speech. She has not met Guido yet, and hopefully she never will. Maybe some of you can tell her who Guido is, and why he is not welcome!!!

Welcome to Leticia and Darlene!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 8th, 2004, 10:01 am

Welcome to the forum girls,

....and hopefully you won't have to meet Guido.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby shineface » April 8th, 2004, 10:54 am

Hi Darlene & Leticia---WELCOME!!!!

You are in the right place -- I am always so happy to see new members come into this forum --- everything everyone has to see - new members or Losers --- brings new information and support to this forum.

Personally, I would not have gotten as far as I have without all of the support and info that I get here --- come here often...it is addicting!!!!

Remember, keep reading and posting and shakin' and slurpin' and drink drink drink all the water and more - it is SO IMPORTANT!!!!!

Actually, I'm not too sure about the whold Guido thing .... he hasn't been around much since I've been here --- but it doesn't sound good!LOL

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » April 8th, 2004, 12:16 pm

Welcome ladies! :)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby pinkgeek » April 8th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Welcome Darlene and Leticia! You guys are in for a treat. This group is the best! I come here ALL the time and whine and cry and give encouragement and 'way to go's!' when I can. The only reason I'm on MF so far is b/c of these fine people. Enjoy the ride to Thinville! It's a bit bumpy the first few days. But hang on! We'll all get to destination!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Landylue » April 9th, 2004, 10:02 am

Welcome, ladies, so very glad you two are joining us. There's lots of room out here for all of us. When someone calls for a 'group hug', there's just no telling how many people are actually involved.

Log on and write often, it helps tremendously!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Thank you for the support!!

Postby let1rom » April 12th, 2004, 7:06 pm

Hi all,

Wow thank you all for the replys. I started Easter Sunday (not a Monday).
I'm on day #2 and I feel great. I'm not hurting as bad as I thought I would. I keep reminding myself its only for a short time before I'm a size
12 again. I hope i will feel this way tomorrow. Keep the support coming
my e-mail at work is down right now, so I will be checking this out at night

Thank you again
Leticia
let1rom

Postby susan » April 13th, 2004, 1:49 pm

welcome Ladies
so glad you joined us as this is the last wt. loss you will ever do because it does work .I am slower in lossing than some are but I have lost 59# and still going altho I will confess I eat a bowl of chili and crackers yesterday and they was,t medfast. but I am back on the thinville train today. I don.t know why I was weak yesterday but didn;t talk myself out of it but today is another day. hopefully I won;t get off the train to snack anytime soon .
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.