new week new topic no loss?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

new week new topic no loss?

Postby Roadrunner » January 16th, 2008, 2:49 am

start wieght 258lbs
wieght now 250-according to the scale this morning
goal-210lbs

Just had my oatmeal this morning and had some questions. I have been on this for almost 3 weeks now. Down 8lbs...did I do something wrong? I have a tendancy to sneak in 1 single potato chip or maybe a couple of grapes is that bad? Will this totally throw this thing for a loop? I am being honest its only 1 single potato chip or a preztel rod on a weekend...will this affect my mf diet? I drink tons of water all day follow this diet to a tee!! I eat salads like i am a rabitt!! Sometimes without the lean (meat) but I dont feel hungry anymore. A pickle here a pickle there I feel I am doing this right...although I feel the scale is not moving?? I am looking to lose as much weight on the diet as possible and then hit the gym to give my body a boost, although it seems that my body is stuck. Am I being to hard on myself, maybe to eager to watch the scale? Let me know your comments and dont hold back I need feedback! :cry:

Thanks
Roadrunner

Postby bikipatra » January 16th, 2008, 3:28 am

First of all patience. Secondly, try following the program EXACTLY as you are supposed to-no nibbles here or there-no leaving out anything in your L&G-maybe even cut out snacks since you are having an issue-and come back to us in a week and tell us how it went. You mention your water intake but not the exact ounces. You should be counting. I suggest that you drink half your body weight in water, so 100-125 oz of water a day. That should keep you busy-and full. It's okay to whine I guess, I do it all the time-but if you aren't following the program whining doesn't make any sense. Maybe ask yourself why you aren't willing to commit 100% to this program. Now go and have some water. Write down everything you eat and drink. Make a schedule when you get up of when your meal times are throughout the day and stick to it. Maybe even post it in your journal. It will look like this. You should be having your first supplement within an hour of waking up.
7:00 am oatmeal
10:00 am shake
You get the picture.
Best of luck in complete compliance!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » January 16th, 2008, 8:56 am

Exactly what Biki said. You can't skip parts of your meal - especially the protein. And you can't sneak in snacks - especially carbs like pretzels and potato chips (BTW, one pretzel rod has 120 calories, unless you're talking one of the little twigs rather than a rod).

Check out the thread right below this to see what full compliance will get you. It's not the same for everyone, but it DOES get results. You have to commit, though.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Re: new week new topic no loss?

Postby Mike » January 16th, 2008, 9:36 am

Roadrunner wrote:Just had my oatmeal this morning and had some questions. I have been on this for almost 3 weeks now. Down 8lbs...did I do something wrong? I have a tendancy to sneak in 1 single potato chip or maybe a couple of grapes is that bad? Will this totally throw this thing for a loop? I am being honest its only 1 single potato chip or a preztel rod on a weekend...will this affect my mf diet? I drink tons of water all day follow this diet to a tee!! I eat salads like i am a rabitt!! Sometimes without the lean (meat) but I dont feel hungry anymore. A pickle here a pickle there I feel I am doing this right...although I feel the scale is not moving?? I am looking to lose as much weight on the diet as possible and then hit the gym to give my body a boost, although it seems that my body is stuck. Am I being to hard on myself, maybe to eager to watch the scale? Let me know your comments and dont hold back I need feedback! :cry:

Thanks

No crying....

First off... your loss so far is great. Remember, the average on this PROGRAM is 2-5 lbs a week. Thats an average... for some its less than a pound, for some its more than 5. You are averaging 2.7 a week, which is fine.

Second.. yes, a potato chip, a couple grapes, a pretzel stick, a crouton can throw you for a loop, or slow you down. Everyone is different and some can handle more carbs and still lose. Perhaps your metabolism doesn't allow for the extras... so don't have them.

Third, ya gotta have thee proper nutrition. Salad is great, it helps our cholesterol and it helps keep us regular, but we gotta have the required protein. If you don't want meat, have a couple hard boiled eggs, or tofu, or some lowfat cheese with your salad. Do you like tuna...or crab... make it a crab or tuna salad. The key to health is following the proper PROGRAM.

Last, and I know I tend to harp on this, but so do many others who give advice... forget the term diet. Diets don't work. This is a formulated, and intentionally designed program. The majority (about 85%) of the people who do a diet will lose weight, but without the changes in lifestyle and learning new methods, they gain it back. Trust me... I know.

I lost 160 lbs and then my old ways returned and I gained back about 60 of them. On this I have lost about 70, and am back on track to continued loss.

Don't beat yourself up, you are doing fine. Just kick out the extras, make sure you get in the required, and start thinking program and lifestyle changes and not diet.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 16th, 2008, 2:43 pm

well, first you say that you are following "the diet" to a tee, then in the next sentence you say that you have a pretzel rod or 1 potato chip. So, technically, that is not following it to a tee! Even these small cheats can hinder your weightloss, even tho they don't seem like they can do any damage. Also, you have added in exercise but you don't say how much. Too much exercise in the beginning can also hinder your weightloss. So i suggest these two things... 1. REALLY follow it to a TEE! 2. Pull back on the exercise for a bit.

See how this works for you and let us know. When followed properly, this way of eating can't fail! It is not physically possible. Like biki said, half your weight in oz. of water. Drink up and hold on! We go thru periods of no weightloss, even when completely compliant. Hey, it just happens but just know that it will pick up again.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room