week 2 wt. loss

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

week 2 wt. loss

Postby susan » November 1st, 2003, 5:50 pm

:( I lost 2# thiis week I didn;t cheat either. I thought sure I would do better but 2# is that much off anyway thats a total of 17# :D and here goes week3 I am sticking this out any wt. loss is better than none. Hope everone done better than I did .Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Glued To The Scale

Postby explorthis » November 3rd, 2003, 8:51 am

Susan, happy to hear of your loss (WOW we can't say that too often huh?) 2 pounds is better as you say, than nothing. I have learned (as I read your original post - "I am 100# overweight") it is a SLOW process.

Not to be forward, please take this with a grain of salt... You have to loose the weight anyway, is there any reason to step on the scale on a regular basis? Weather you step on the scale or not, and see 2 or 10# loss weekly, you are still on the program now, and will hopefullt remain on it till you reach your goal?!?!

I am on day 56 today, I only periodically step on the scale for a couple of resaons:

1. I don't like the thought of only loosing a few pounds
2. I want a LARGE surprise (large loss)

Could I suggest (gently suggest) you only step on the scale on a very infrequent basis, and trust the weight will come off?

Again, day 56 for me, and I am over 50# of loss now. I have not stepped on the scale in over a week+, I want to, so badly. I saw it calling me this morning after the shower, but secretly, I was excited, but scared to step on it, for fear of having it say I only lost 2# or some low# like you saw. I did not step on it.

How long did it take us to get like this? We can't expierience miracles overnight (probably not in our lifetime) but we can expect a constant loss. I never thought I would EVER loose any weight again in my life. I was destined to be FAT for the rest of my life.

I now know this is not true, Medifast WORKS if we are religious in our commitment.

Again, I just wanted to help, with a 5 cent opinion, and maybe have you look forward once a week, or once every 2 weeks step on the scale, and hope for a pleasant surprise......

Good luck.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 3rd, 2003, 12:50 pm

Hi Susan,
I'll agree with Mike during the weight loss stage. Everyone will work out their own routine. My personal opinion is that during the weight loss period, daily weigh-ins can be a little discouraging and like Mike says, a once weekly weigh-in will show more measurable results. Also like Mike stated, this program works, so fussing daily over seeing results doesn't really get you anywhere. Stick with it, have faith in the program and you WILL lose weight.

Transitioning into the maintenance stage, daily weigh-ins become more important as you begin adding new foods. It's very important to know the individual affects different types of foods have on you. We're all unique with different body chemistry and react differently to different foods. That's where daily weigh-ins can become important as you transition back into regular foods. We'll cover this in more depth in the coming months over in the "Maintenance" forum.

Is that 17# in three weeks Susan? That's nothing to sneeze at...:)
Keep up the good work,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

scales

Postby susan » November 3rd, 2003, 2:25 pm

8) MIKe, I like your suggestion ,I made up my mind to stay off the scales for a week at a time maybe more thanks for the tip cause it was dis hearting when I seen the no. I am happy you are doing so well maybe one of these days down the road I can say that no. too I am looking forward to it . my cousin says she is waiting till the first of jan.to start because of xmas and Thankgiving .I told her there will always be holidays .and i;d rather lose the wt.than eat and I plan on being alot lighter by then and you haft to start somewhere.I;ve made up my mind when i do get this off i will not but it back on .I feel better about myself just knowing I have a good start on it.glad to hear from you Susan
susan

wt.

Postby susan » November 3rd, 2003, 2:34 pm

Thanks Tim, Ihave just started my 3rd week .I had lost 6# before on wt. watchers so 11# in 2 week on medfist and 17# all together but I will stick to this I know it will work Mike and nancy prove that it does work .Susan
susan

Postby Unca_Tim » November 3rd, 2003, 2:52 pm

For sure Susan,
There's thousands of other that have been successful too. You're doing fantastic. You're not too far from a pound a day, which is WAY above the average. Keep up the great work and don't be too concerned about daily losses. You'll be a amazed and pleased in a few months when you look back at this.

Great Job...... :!:
Unca

PS: You're absolutely right. There can always be an excuse for not starting if you look for one....:)
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

That dreaded scale...

Postby Nancy » November 3rd, 2003, 3:49 pm

Hi, Kids ~

Yeah, that scale sometimes just doesn't do us justice, does it? It has no idea how many times we have said No to goodies and drank a gallon of water instead.

First, let me suggest that you measure yourself when you first begin the weight loss program. Measure your neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves and upper arms. You will be amazed at how many inches you lose! Measure yourself once a month - wowser!!

Some people have better discipline than others when it comes to staying off the scale. Terry used to get so upset with me because I weighed myself EVERYTIME I went to the BR! For years, I avoided the scales. I was so overweight and discouraged about being porky that I had put the scales away in the deep dark recesses of the cupboard and never took them out. Once I started on the Last Diet I Will Ever Have to Be On, I dragged out the scales and jumped on every ten minutes! Mike and others (especially men – they can teach us so many things when it comes to weight loss) do well by weighing once a week or so. If you follow the plan, you cannot fail. The plan will not fail you. You WILL lose weight, consistently and safely. It is proven in medical studies – see the abstract from Johns Hopkins Medical University. It has been around for 23 years. Like me and over a million others, you WILL lose weight!

Don't give up! Keep on keeping on!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Donna501 » November 3rd, 2003, 5:05 pm

Saturday was week 3 for me. In the 3 weeks i have now lost 15lbs. I lost 15lbs on atkins. So that is a total of 30lbs. 5 more pounds I will have reached my first goal. I will be at 200lbs. I started this diet at 235. So not to bad. I only lost 3lbs this week, but hey, something is better than nothing. Plus having people at work laugh at me because of my baggy pants is worth it all. I want to get down to at least 150lbs. But they way I look at it, ANYTHING under 200 is outstanding. I had ordered 6 weeks worth of supplies so I had given myself 6 weeks to get to 200. I never thought I would get there this fast. Well I will check in with everyone on Saturday. Have a wonderful shakin week!!!!!!! :D
Donna501
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Lois » November 4th, 2003, 7:05 am

Hi everyone!

Way to go, Donna! You are a real inspiration to me. I am also starting out at 233 and aiming for 150....maybe even 140, who knows?

We can share clothes when we're skinny :lol:

I'll look forward to reading your next post.....

hugs to all,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Ellen » November 4th, 2003, 9:54 am

Susan and Donna (and everyone else!)
Sounds like you guys are doing great! I would try not to worry about the two pounds Susan, that is still a great loss in one week, especially when you add it to what you've already lost. I've heard that the weight loss slows down after the first few weeks, and I'm OK with the thought that I may only lose a couple of pounds a week from here on out. You may have slowed a little early because of the weight that you lost before starting the plan. It may pick back up again too! But hey Tim tells us that the studies show an AVERAGE 47 pound loss during a 16 week plan. So... if someone lost 7 the first week and about 2 and a half the remaining weeks, they'd be right on target.

Don't forget that guys lose faster, sometimes age can play a factor, the amount of weight one has to lose plays a role, diabetes may slow things down a bit, but slow and steady wins the race every time!

Someone told me that the only way you can really fail at this is to QUIT. Since none of us are going to do that, we'll all be winners. If I hit my 47 pounds in 16 weeks, I'll be grinning from ear to ear!

Have a great shaking day everyone!
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby susan » November 6th, 2003, 3:00 pm

Ellen, thanks for the encouragement .my first goal is 200# and then on and on till i get to 125# I know we can all do this and the best thing :D I am normal in the diabetic range and that really thrills me after 13 years of pills I am off them and i sure thank the lord and medifast and it is so easy for me to stay on this I like most all the shakes and soups .I will post sat. morn and what ever I lose is a plus .Susan :)
susan

Postby Ellen » November 6th, 2003, 9:08 pm

Susan,
What an accomplishment that is. To be in the normal range for blood sugar is a really big deal. You are completely off the pills??

To have normal blood sugars is really the biggest success of the plan. You'll have much lower risks for kidney disease and heart problems if you can keep those sugar levels down. Getting skinny and looking great is just the wickedly delicious bonus!!

One of the reasons that I was so motivated to lose weight is that my father's sister was diagnosed with diabetes this past year. I know that my chances for developing diabetes is much higher if I don't lose this weight, so that was just one more push in this direction.

Well, here's to continued success.
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 7th, 2003, 12:46 pm

Fantastic Susan,
Amazing how the ole bod starts working right when we give it good fuel. Keep up the great work...:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss