No loss the first week!!!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

No loss the first week!!!!!!

Postby momof9403 » April 24th, 2005, 6:10 am

I have been doing the program since Tuesday and have had no loss. Maybe it's because I was only used to eating once or twice a day? Does my body have to become used to food before it will burn fat?? I really don't know, but am a little disappointed this morning :cry: .
I have been really trying hard at this. And it has been really easy for me to follow the schedule.
Maybe it's because I only need to lose 20 pounds. Anyone else who only needs/needed to lose 20 pounds have the same problem??? :? I know the more you need to lose the faster it will come off, but I didn't think I would lose nothing the first week! :x
Maybe I should be doing the COMPLETE program instead??
Started MF 4/19/2005
5 -n- 1 Plan
5'2" 30 yrs old
Weight= 145 lbs
Goal= 125 lbs
momof9403

Postby LilMsTexas » April 24th, 2005, 6:39 am

Forgive me if I'm wrong........I read and reply to so much........but did you say earlier in the week that you weren't getting in all of your medimeals or was that someone else? It is VERY possible that if you were only eating twice a day that your body was in SUCH a starvation mode that you are needing a bit more time to rev your engines and convince your body that you're going to do something different. Don't automatically jump to the full fast because your start was slow. Give your body more time to adjust.

I know I have lost 20lbs now in 7 weeks and I was hoping for 20+lbs in the first month! Once I realized MY BODY was going to do what it wanted and to HECK with my time schedule, it has been easier and more satisfying for me. I was asking my body in the beginning "Didn't you read where we're supposed to lose FAST AND FURIOUS And have 20lbs gone in the first month?" lol

I would imagine if you are more diligent with having all of your medimeals, drinking ALL of your water, and having a ligitimate lean/green meal (I'm still working on this myself) you will see results and probably BIG TIME next week!

Keep at it.....you can do it!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 24th, 2005, 7:33 am

Mom....It could be a number of things..........I realize me saying "Don't get discouraged" is easier said than done........ :x .....I would write in DETAIL your exact daily menu.... :bib: .....time eaten.....MF supplement chosen.....any extras during the day.......amount of water..... :water: ......list ANYTHING that goes in that mouth and the time as well.........then pm your HA and she can better direct you..... :puter: .....it may only be a tweak you need......it could be that time of the month....however....don't give up.........trust me when I say......THIS WORKS..... :yes: .....my prayers to you for happier scale readings......... :angel:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LongWay2go » April 24th, 2005, 8:00 am

Mom,

You get to be my first post-hospital reply. Doncha feel honored? And here I go...stepping right into it!

This is highly unusual, even for someone with only 20 pounds to lose. You should have seen AT THE VERY LEAST some water weight loss. So I suspect one of three things:

1. Either you aren't as compliant as you think you are being. Solution: keep a food diary! You might be surprised at what you find when you record every bite and every drink that goes in the top hole.

2. Maybe you aren't drinking enough water. You MUST MUST drink LOTS of water to help flush that nasty fat from your body. 64 ounces per day at a very minimum and it needs to be spread throughout the day, not all at once!

3. Ladies forgive me, but might Aunt Flo be due for a visit? That could explain it too, especially given the very small amount of weight you need to lose. She's a real pain in the you-know-where for ladies on a diet plan due to the water retention factor.

Hang in there Mom and if you think you can handle the full fast then go for it! You'll definitely lose the weight quicker and that will help keep you motivated to stick with the program.

Best to you!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » April 24th, 2005, 9:24 am

[hijack] Spidey, it is SO good to have you back on this forum! [/hijack]
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LongWay2go » April 24th, 2005, 9:27 am

Thanks 24K, it's great to be back and congrats on achieving the 50 pound club! You've been busy whilest I was away!!!

~Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby momof9403 » April 24th, 2005, 10:47 am

Thanks for all your responses!!!!!! And yes SPIDEY I am very excited to meet you and have you post to me first. I really love these products and was wondering if maybe I should not eat the bars every day. Should I maybe limit them to 1 or 2 per week. And just use something else?? I have been having 1 per day. I will also try to drink 100 oz of water a day. I haven't been "snacking" in between meals. And only eating chicken breast, tuna(in water) and shrimp(plain) with a small salad or green beans.
I don't know, but I have 2 weeks of products on the way. So I will keep trying for at least another week.

Thanks again to all
Jennifer
Started MF 4/19/2005
5 -n- 1 Plan
5'2" 30 yrs old
Weight= 145 lbs
Goal= 125 lbs
momof9403

Postby heathhes » April 24th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Hey Mom!

I have 20ish to lose. I lost 4.5 the first week. I haven't been as good with the water and know that can be a big culprit. Hang in there and you should see a dip soon! From all the boards I know it does work. That keeps me going.

Good luck!
heathhes

Postby LongWay2go » April 24th, 2005, 4:37 pm

Those bars were a curse to me, I tell you, a curse!!! :x :x :x

Most of the old timers here may remember when I got fed up with them and threw a whole bunch of them away. I just couldn't resist those bad boys, and they are pretty much the equivalant in calories to two shakes. That doesn't mean you skip a shake though if you have a meal bar!!! Never, never, least you experience the wrath of the Leopard Woman as I did! Just giving you fair warning!

~Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Return to The Weight Room