New & Question About Bitter Taste

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New & Question About Bitter Taste

Postby DianeD » August 30th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Hi, All,

I am just starting on Medifast. I have a lot of weight to lose so I am hoping I can stick with this.

Question: Does anyone else having problems with the food tasting really bitter? I have tried adding splenda and more water to the oatmeal. Also the diet bars (caramel nut is only one I have tried thus far), also taste bitter.

Might be my taste buds and the non-nutritive sweetner they are using.

I really want this to work for me but am having problems with this awful bitter taste.

Diane
DianeD

Postby Arklahoma » August 30th, 2006, 5:24 pm

I remember the food tasting a little "off" when I first started but within a week or two, my taste buds had adjusted. Give it some time and see how it goes for you.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby beeah_b » August 30th, 2006, 7:49 pm

I agree with Arklahoma. I first thought, oh my gosh, I have 5 weeks of this stuff to eat! But, I got used to it really fast & really love the oatmeal now.

Hang in there. I have seen a lot of comments from forum posters regarding growing to love the food. :hi5:
Going to restart Jun 2009, been gone since after surgery Oct06. Can't wait !
beeah_b
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby cyn » August 31st, 2006, 5:04 am

Diane~welcome!! Hang in there I am sure that the taste of the food is temporary. I know many times in the past my head tells me diet food is yucky and I fail! There are many recipes on the board about how to doctor up your food and tons of shake ideas. You might want to check those out and hopefully you will adjust and be able to continue your journey. I just keep saying I am worth it and plugging along no matter what!! Good luck to you.
start 8/26/06

cyn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » August 31st, 2006, 5:08 am

I have never tasted this bitter taste people talk about, but enough people mention it that it must be true. It seems like you get used to the taste. You could try adding more water to the shakes. Sometimes, if I add less than 8oz of water to a chocolate shake it tastes salty to me.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elidh » August 31st, 2006, 5:31 am

Welcome! I think you'll adjust to the taste as time goes on - I put a LOT of cinnamon in the oatmeal, lots of chili powder in soups and DaVinci sugar free syrups (there are many flavors) in the shakes and hot drinks.
Elidh

Elidh
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Diane D » August 31st, 2006, 6:36 am

Hi,

I don't notice the bitter taste so much with the shakes, however with the oatmeal and bars it is quite strong for me.

Since I can't doctor up the bars, they may be something I opt not to use.

I guess I must just have those kinda taste buds.

Thanks for your feedback.

Diane
Diane D

Postby alohacate » August 31st, 2006, 1:29 pm

I had trouble with the taste at first - I'm so over "tasting" food. I read in a previous post that the supplements are like the "medicine" to cure the weight problem - that is how I think of each supplement that I take. There are still some foods I can barely tolerate - yet I will eat everything because I need to reach my goal. Best of luck to you!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » September 1st, 2006, 6:17 am

I never noticed a weird taste.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.