Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Dani » January 12th, 2005, 12:19 pm

Hi I'm Dani and I'm new to this website. I started medifast on Jan2 and I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys.
Dani

Welcome Dani!

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » January 12th, 2005, 12:36 pm

I am new too. This is day 2 for me, things are going much better today then yesterday. How is your program moving along?

Maura
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

welcome

Postby rise to the challenge » January 12th, 2005, 1:31 pm

Nice to meet ya,
I am on day 2 ,eaiser then day one there is alot of support and info at this forum just keep shakin!!!!
Shelley
rise to the challenge

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 13th, 2005, 12:11 pm

Hey Shari, Maura and Dani!

Welcome! So happy to see new people here! MF is such a GREAT way to start the new year! All you gotta do is follow the plan to lose that weight. Sounds easy, but it's hard at times. Come here when it gets tough. We are all behind you - just look behind you when you feel like cheating. The first three days are a major transition. Afterwards, I felt the best I've ever felt on any weight loss plan. I lost 70 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks without cheating once, so it is doable. That's how I lost it so fast! I get so much attention from people now, I hardly know what to do or say! My MF sisters, I know you can do this if I did.

Here's to your coming success! :toast:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 13th, 2005, 12:18 pm

Hi there....
This makes it easy. I get to welcome three new members at once. I'm the techie guy around here. Let us know if you need anything.
We're glad you found us.
Enjoy the forum,
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Marseilles » January 13th, 2005, 12:30 pm

LOL...what hawaii meant to say was 5.5 months, not weeks. She had no limbs amputated or anything, she just stayed program compliant!!

(Had to tease you about that one Camille ;))
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 13th, 2005, 4:25 pm

Marseilles ~
re:
I lost 70 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks without cheating once

Thanks for setting everyone straight about HawaiiWhatNot's fantastic weight loss voyage! Now that would be some kinda FAST weight loss program to lose 70 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks - sign me up!

Welcome, New members and those of you who are recommitting to a healthier new year. Changes are never really easy to make, are they? The benefits of changing from my former life of eating and its foody bad habits to my Medifast life is well worth it to me. I'm never going back!

Read through your Quick Start book a number of times, keep your mind focused on the reasons why you are Medifasting and you will soon reach your weight goal with improved health.

Happy shaking!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 14th, 2005, 3:27 am

Oh Mercy!

I didn't even notice I typed above I lost 70 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks instead of months! Folks, my sincerest apologies for getting anyone's hopes up to lose THAT much in only 5 1/2 weeks. Nonetheless, 5 1/2 months is REALLY FAST and if I can do it, anyone can!!!

Who's day was it to watch me on the day I wrote that post? Is it any wonder one of my favorite songs is:

I could while away the hours
Conferrin with the flowers
Consultin with the rain
And my head i'd be scratchin
While my thoughts were busy hatchin
If i only had a brain

I'd unravel any riddle
For any individd-el
In trouble or in pain
With the thoughts i'd be thinkin
I could be another lincoln
If i only had a brain

Nice to have you back Nancy - thanks for setting me straight AND thin!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 14th, 2005, 5:39 pm

Dear Brainy ~

You must have just been weary from standing around looking and being skinny!

We've missed you!
xxxooo
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Need some advice

Postby Cindy » January 17th, 2005, 9:00 am

Hi everyone. I am new to Medifast and the site. Could use some guidance as to what I might be doing wrong. I started Medifast 5/1 plan on Saturday, January 8 and as of today, I have barely lost about 2 pounds. Here is what my plan has been and if someone can point out where I might need to modify, please do:
Early a.m. Shake Mid morning Bar with tea or coffee Lunch Chicken Soup Mid afternoon Shake Evening is my meal which has consisted of 1 cup of broccoli or cauliflower microwaved with salt and 4-5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast. Then I fit in the last shake sometimes between 9 and 10 p.m. I drink a minimum of 64 oz of water each day and have maybe one diet soda. I am not exercising besides my usual daily activities. PLEASE HELP! I was expecting better results. Thanks much. :?
Cindy

Postby explorthis » January 17th, 2005, 10:02 am

Hey Cindy…. Sounds odd that in 8-9 days you have only lost 2 pounds.
If I read your regimen correctly:

1) Early a.m. Shake
2) Mid morning Bar with tea or coffee
3) Lunch Chicken Soup
4) Mid afternoon Shake
5) Evening is my meal which has consisted of 1 cup of broccoli or cauliflower microwaved with salt and 4-5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast.
6) Last shake sometimes between 9 and 10 p.m.

Salt can add the water retention factor, but with the water you are drinking this just does not sound right. What is in your coffee or tea? Are you using any sugar? Your microwaved veggies, are they fresh or out of a package? Curious, because if out of a package, they sometimes contain additives, like butter, or other flavors that contain sugars. Is your chicken breast a fresh one, or flavored/packaged?

Your regimen sounds perfect, and with this amount of calorie consumption, you should definitely be losing more than 2 pounds in 8-9 days.

Is there anything at all more that your adding, that you failed to mention? Diet soda is
Nothing, in the general scheme of the program.

We want to help, and figure this one out…

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby mindovermatter » January 17th, 2005, 11:42 am

The other thing to consider is how much overall weight you have to lose. If you only need to lose 10 pounds the weight will come off slower than if you have 50 pounds to lose.

Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 17th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Some other things to consider are:
-Daily stress levels
-Any meds you may be taking
-Existing health issues
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

thanks for replying

Postby Cindy » January 17th, 2005, 5:11 pm

I have about 75 pounds to lose total so it is not that I am close to where I need to be. I use no sweeteners in my coffee or tea - sometimes add skim milk to my coffee. The chicken breasts are frozen with no additives. I am on no medications at all. I have a very slow metabolism - is it possible it is just shutting down? I spoke to Betty the nurse at Medifast today and she suggests just using the shakes for a week (not the bars as my carb intake may be too high?) and increasing my exercise to 15 minutes a day walking on my treadmill. I will try that and see if anything changes. What do you think?
Cindy

Postby Nancy » January 18th, 2005, 3:27 pm

Cindy ~

Some clients have better weight loss success using no bars or using them but 1-3 times a week instead of daily. I'd also recommend using a bar in the afternoon, after you have introduced a couple of Medifast meals into your system.

I feel that your bod is still in the early stage of adjusting to the fat-burning process and would not suggest initiating exercise yet - wait a week or so.

Stress is a very real weight loss success buster...see my April 2004 Newsletter. Here’s a link
http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter/medifast-april-newsletter.htm

Is your scale accurate – a digital or one of those humidity-sensitive spring jobbies that gets of if you bump it or change its position? Is it set at zero every time you climb aboard?

Also some people have body regulators that fail to allow it to budge daily but over the course of several weeks show good results that still show the average of 2-5 pounds per week. If you lost 2 pounds your first week, it may be lower than others’ first week experience and yet it is within the ‘norm.’ Remember, we cannot ALL be above average, 50 % of the population IS average; that means half of the people have the same results!

Don’t give up yet. Your plan looks good on paper. You are not saving up your meals and doubling them, are you? Eating every three hours? What’s your activity level like? How long is your work day? Maybe you need one more shake per day.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Come on in.