Another new member

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another new member

Postby Buckiiz » January 23rd, 2004, 3:01 pm

I just received my package and am anxious to begin this program tomorrow morning. However, I go into work on Sunday night on the graveyard shift. Any suggestions on making this transition from the "Day" shift to that dreaded "graveyard" shift with my supplements? I'll be off work on the weekends (from Friday morning) until I go back into work graveyard shift on Sunday nights. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. I'm so afraid of messing up, I just want to do it right.
Buckiiz

Postby explorthis » January 23rd, 2004, 4:06 pm

Buck.... Welcome!!! Welcome to the losing and growing family. I am not the "certified advisor", but I have succesfully lost 105+ pounds (if you read my posts you will see) in 137 days.

The way I see it (and I am sure others do also) is this:

No more than 3 hours in between any meal, during any waking hour. Weather your doing full fast - no solid food (I did full fast) or you opt for the modified where you substitute a shake for a solid meal.

You MUST I mean MUSTconsume all 5 meals/shakes a day. Your body MUST repeat MUST have this nutrition to allow it to lose weight. Don't do yourself an unjustice by thinking skipping meals/shakes will make you lose faster, it WILL NOT.
5 shakes/or a meal substitute MINIMUM per day 3 hour increments during your waking moments.

ALL YOUR WATER is a MUST. plan on a gallon (though they say 64oz over and above your shakes) a day of liquid. 64oz of this liquid must be water. Don't assume you cannot consume this much - you can - we all have to.

Get used to more bathroom breaks, they are going to happen.

Shake away..

Keep us posted.

Mike (aka Guido)
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 24th, 2004, 2:30 pm

I don't have any advice, just a big warm WELCOME! :)
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

The Night Shift

Postby Nancy » January 25th, 2004, 4:57 pm

Hi ya, :exercise: Buck and welcome to ya ~

So..you're doin' the night shift, eh? We have a lot of day sleepers on the forum so we know that you will do just fine.

Have your first shake (or some of that yummy oatmeal) within the first hour of awakening and then every three to four hours you'll be shakin' and slurpin' - keep your bod fueled regularly and you'll be on your weigh to a new YOU! Mike has the plan down pat and so will you. His writings about water, meal skippage, etc. is right on! :hi5:

BTW, do not have a bar as your first meal of the day , they tend to spike the blood sugar more than a a shake or oatmeal and our goal is to keep your blood sugar on an even keel.

This is the best time of your life - you are learning how to eat regularly spaced, portion-controlled meals consisting of medically healthy and tongue tasty foods. You'll be fueling your bod with exactly what it needs when it needs it and the fat will melt away.

Go for your goal, we'll get yout here!
:wave:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Buckiiz » January 28th, 2004, 7:16 pm

Again, thanks Nancy. I'll be keeping in touch. However, I do have one question. When I wake up in the late afternoon is when I fix my one meal. Should I still drink a shake before my husband and I eat our lean and green meal? Just thought I'd ask. Should the first thing I do upon waking is drink a shake? Thanks for your time and support.
Marilyn
Buckiiz

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » January 28th, 2004, 7:21 pm

Hiya...
another grave yarder eh?
I work 7p-7a and I drink tons of water, and take my meals spaced 2-3 hours. I am weighing in on tues, so I will let you know how I do...
good luck... 8)
kEEP SHAKIN~ LUVZ
197.5/195/130
Female; 5' 2''
muscular ex dancer 41yo
One single step begins a journey~
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby SneezyKitten » January 29th, 2004, 4:58 am

Buckiiz.....My brother and I used to climb trees (in Indiana) and pick buckeyes....it was very adventurous (we had to trespass to do it)....and then we would pelt each other with them or make necklaces or stick them in our eyes and make googly faces.....ahhh....thanks for the trip down memory lane with your name!!!! ;) From the sounds of your posts, I think your gonna do great! I know its late, but Welcome!!!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » January 30th, 2004, 10:35 am

Marilyn,

Sorry I am tardy about replying - working & taking care of Mom and Daddy...about your questions regarding when to have that first shake:

Yes, when you get up, have a shake within the first hour of awakening.

For some people who are not hungry upon arising this will take some diligence to do so - just remember after an eight hour overnight fast, one must fuel the bod for the day ahead so start with a shake, even if you are not hungry. It's your daily jump-start!

How long after awakening do you and your husband have your lean and green? The shake prior to eating will be a gentle introduction of food to your stomach and blood chemistry. Do you normally get up, immediately prepare that meal and eat within the first hour of awakening or are there a couple of hours before you actually eat?
Last edited by Nancy on February 7th, 2004, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Buckiiz » February 3rd, 2004, 7:32 pm

Nancy--Usually we eat an hour to two hours after we wake up. Not right away. I strted doing this and feel alot better and am not so ravenous when I sit down to my meal. This really helps out. Thanks again for the support. Thirteen pounds in 10 days! ANd I feel like I have so much more energy!
Take Care,
Marilyn
Buckiiz

Postby Buckiiz » February 3rd, 2004, 7:38 pm

SneezyKitten--I think all of us have some experience to speak of concerning those doggone buckeye trees...I fell out of one when I was young, trying to pick buckeyes, and thought I was gonna die! I'll never forget that fall. The reason behind the name is that my son plays football for the Ohio State Buckeyes, so we're real football fans. I've acquired quite a collection of Buckeye necklaces, bracelets, and even little "Brutus Buckeye" men since he began playing. However, my days of climbing those doggone buckeye trees are long over. I buy my buckeyes from the people selling them at the games. Take care and good luck with your weight loss!!
Buckiiz

Midnight shift...

Postby TamiL » February 3rd, 2004, 7:59 pm

Welcome Buckiiz!! sounds like your having good sucess!! welcome to :-P the forum family!! :) Im just about to tuck myself in..after sucecessfully completing day 1!! :-P :-P ;) :D and wanted to say a quick welcome.
I used to work the midnight shift about a year and a half ago...boy its not easy unless your used to it and have been doing it for years! lots of credit to you!! IM sure youll find a pattern that suits you for eating your meals..its like when you wake up in the afternoon after napping..its reall your morning..the whole day is just reversed! ;)

okay..I gotta get away from this computer FOR REAL THIS TIME!! and get some zzzzzzzzz's

welcome!!

TamiL
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Welcome Marilyn

Postby HD » February 4th, 2004, 7:10 am

Goody :bow: another newbie! I know everyone is glad to have ya. Sorry to hear your working the graveyard shift. I"m not one to give advice (I'm a newbie myself) but I do know that this forum helps a bunch. I've learned real quick to come here for advice or a chuckle to lift my spirits. Keep in touch with the progress we know you'll make. It does work!
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.